British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney FTC meet for November (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-ftc-meet-november-689887/)

binbird Oct 17th 2010 10:26 am

Sydney FTC meet for November

Hiya

Anyone who has been here long enough knows it is Melbourne Cup Day the first Tuesday of November. Unfortunately I will be working and I know a few of our regulars will be putting on their glad-rags and going to a "special do" on the 2nd so I am proposing that we meet the following Tuesday, November 9th. . . . .

Shall we say Terrey Hills Tavern from 11am? Play equipment to entertain anyone with little ones in tow. All welcome. The weather should be warm enough to meet in the outdoor area close to the water feature and then we can move in nearer to the playzone if anyone with kiddies joins us. . . .

Rosscarbery Oct 18th 2010 3:10 am

Re: Sydney FTC meet for November

Good idea binbird, even I am donning my glad rags for Melbourne Cup this year! The Tav on the 9th works for me.

yanH Oct 20th 2010 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery (Post 8925235)
Good idea binbird, even I am donning my glad rags for Melbourne Cup this year! The Tav on the 9th works for me.

See you on the 9th then.x

carolinephillips Oct 24th 2010 7:40 pm

Finally managed to remember my password.....isn't old age wonderful?(not)
Hope to be there on the 9th.
Have fun on cup day all those who are dressing up.:thumbsup:

Wilgar Oct 27th 2010 4:49 am

Well I`m proud ( and profoundly astonished) to say that I`ll be unable to join you 9th as I`ll be working.

binbird Nov 1st 2010 9:03 am

Just bumping this so people know the arrangements for NEXT week. . . . .

binbird Nov 4th 2010 2:38 am

Another bump from me to say that I will be having surgery on my hand on Monday so won't be able to join you at the Tavern. But, have a drink for me!!! :thumbup:

carolinephillips Nov 4th 2010 7:45 pm

Good luck- hope it goes smoothly.

Rosscarbery Nov 6th 2010 4:44 am

Sorry, but I've now got a medical appointment in Hornsby on Tuesday so won't make it to the Tav in time for lunch. See you all next time.

carolinephillips Nov 6th 2010 8:37 pm

Doesn't look like there will be many people there- so who IS coming????

sueanddave Nov 8th 2010 7:35 am

I'll be there but it will be after 12.00 as the girls are wanting to go to Playgroup

Sue

carolinephillips Nov 9th 2010 8:46 pm

Didn't make it again- got a foster cat instead.

Dimples01 Dec 1st 2010 11:10 am

Originally Posted by binbird (Post 8923739)
Hiya

Anyone who has been here long enough knows it is Melbourne Cup Day the first Tuesday of November. Unfortunately I will be working and I know a few of our regulars will be putting on their glad-rags and going to a "special do" on the 2nd so I am proposing that we meet the following Tuesday, November 9th. . . . .

Shall we say Terrey Hills Tavern from 11am? Play equipment to entertain anyone with little ones in tow. All welcome. The weather should be warm enough to meet in the outdoor area close to the water feature and then we can move in nearer to the playzone if anyone with kiddies joins us. . . .

Hi Binbird
I have just moved to the area and was hoping to join you for your next FTC meet- do you have anything planned for December?
Thanks Clare

binbird Dec 2nd 2010 4:04 am

Originally Posted by Dimples01 (Post 9014510)
Hi Binbird
I have just moved to the area and was hoping to join you for your next FTC meet- do you have anything planned for December?
Thanks Clare

Hi Clare

Welcome to our little part of Sydney! Can we blame you for bringing this foul weather?! :D

I am dithering a little re organising something for December. We usually meet the first Tuesday of the month but I think I am going to be working so am toying with suggesting Thursday 9th or the following Tuesday. I will start a new thread and see what suits the majority. . . .

Hope to meet you soon.

B