British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney FTC meet December (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-ftc-meet-december-695498/)

binbird Dec 2nd 2010 4:09 am

Sydney FTC meet December

Hello! We are into December now so time to try and squeeze in a last get together before the kids break up! (Not that kids aren't welcome of course!)

I am not going to be able to make the first Tuesday so am wondering if anyone is free Thursday 9th or Tuesday 14th? Say coffee from 11am and lunch for anyone who can hang around. . . .

I am open to suggestions as to where to meet but unless it is not much further than my doorstep I will be relying on a lift as my hand is still in a splint so I cannot drive.

So, who's around? When a venue is decided on it will probably be a good idea to book a table as places get very busy this time of year.

B

Lisa and Martin Dec 2nd 2010 4:53 am

Re: Sydney FTC meet December

I'm happy to do either, and be your driver of course :p.
We can all sit and discuss how tough it is doing Christmas shopping wihout the cold, dark, sleet, snow, hail, biting winds etc.
Oh by the way I'm celebrating, it is now officially 1 year since we arrived on these sunny shores for good :thumbup:

herrchook Dec 2nd 2010 5:01 am

Thanks for pointing me in this direction :thumbsup:.

I won't be able to make either the 9th or 14th. We're still in Melbourne on the 9th and on the 14th we've got meet and greet and tour at the new school plus the pre settlement inspection of the house is that day too.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all though so save a seat for me at the next meet:)

carolinephillips Dec 2nd 2010 6:28 am

Can't make either date I'm afraid as I work Thursday/Fridays, and am in Campbelltown hospital on the 14th.
Have a happy christmas.

Rosscarbery Dec 2nd 2010 6:53 am

I can do the 14th (the 9th is last day of school for us with a million things going on so it's not an option I'm afraid). What about the good old Tav?

Hoola Dec 3rd 2010 6:09 am

hello everyone,
woo hoo I am free on 9th....wonders will never cease!

I can drive over to the Tav & don't need to be home for 3pm either (as have help now Mst C broke up from yr10 on Dec 1st)

I hope this date suits a few more...if not I am happy to pop over to your place anyway on 9th Binbird just to see you & catch up prior to Christmas

X

Sal1705 Dec 4th 2010 7:05 am

Thurs 9th good for me too.

Happy with Tav or anywhere in your direction Binbird.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

carolinephillips Dec 4th 2010 7:21 pm

If anyone else can't make those dates but IS free on Tuesday 7th, I'm trying to have a coffee in St Ives, probably at Max Brenner's.

The Stevenses Dec 4th 2010 10:59 pm

I can do 9th too (as long as I don't get asked to work again on my newly found day off)!!!

Looking forward to catching up with you all

J xxxx

binbird Dec 6th 2010 6:14 am

Good to see a few people can make it.

So, to confirm - let's meet at Terrey Hills Tavern from 11am - should be enough tables there without the need to book so we'll aim for one outside. First one there, try to be visible!!!

Anyone who can only do the 14th, I'm happy to have open house for anyone who is free. . . .

See you all Thursday.

B

Dimples01 Dec 7th 2010 10:12 pm

Hi

I have a Dr appt at 11.30 on the 9th but will drop in afterwards if there is time. I am free on the 14th if you are planning something then too.
Hope to meet you all soon.
Clare

binbird Dec 8th 2010 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Dimples01 (Post 9027274)
Hi

I have a Dr appt at 11.30 on the 9th but will drop in afterwards if there is time. I am free on the 14th if you are planning something then too.
Hope to meet you all soon.
Clare

Hi Clare

Looks like there should be 5-6 of us so listen out for English accents! I imagine we will be there until at least 1.30 - 2pm so there should be plenty of time for you to come on after your Dr appt. I will pm you my mobile no. then you can call if you cannot identify us!

B