Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney FTC - Anyone around Monday 12 Jan?

Sydney FTC - Anyone around Monday 12 Jan?

Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:39 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney FTC - Anyone around Monday 12 Jan?

Ok - we talked last week about possibly getting together on Monday but I have been watching the forecast before posting suggestions. I think we are in for a fine day so I think we could be on!

Depending on who is free and where you are based we should aim to suit the majority so I am thinking along the lines of Flying Fox Park at Mona Vale, Bobbin Head Park in Ku Ring-Gai Chase National Park (between North Turramurra and Hornsby) or Fagan Park which is somewhere over in them there Hills I believe!

A few people had committments in the morning (myself included) so it may be better to meet from midday where we choose. So, please state any preference below so that we can fix something up. . . . .
Old Jan 10th 2009, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney FTC - Anyone around Monday 12 Jan?

Hi,

Just home and checking on arrangements for this week, we CAN make Monday, any location and anytime - but I will need to juggle other commitments so would like to know that meet is definite before I do that.

See you soon RtP
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:16 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ron the Pom
Hi,

Just home and checking on arrangements for this week, we CAN make Monday, any location and anytime - but I will need to juggle other commitments so would like to know that meet is definite before I do that.

See you soon RtP

Well, we are definitely in so it's definitely on somewhere! Or, do you need more posters to contribute to this thread coz you know I'm a bit of a dodgy character and you'd prefer safety in numbers?!

Long time no see - it will be great to catch up!
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by binbird
Well, we are definitely in so it's definitely on somewhere! Or, do you need more posters to contribute to this thread coz you know I'm a bit of a dodgy character and you'd prefer safety in numbers?!

Long time no see - it will be great to catch up!
No, I am happy to settle with quality rather than quantity (not that I have anything against seeing others too - I hasten to add).
Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

We'll come after dropping MIL at airport, so prob be around 1ish. Probably either of the first 2 suggestions are better for me, I think Fagan Park might take agesw from the airport, but am happy to go with the majority, (in fact come Monday I will be sooo happy to do anything!).
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:14 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

I will be a 'probable' if you choose BH or FP, but will come a little later on as DS will be having his power nap.......
Old Jan 10th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

We'll be along around 2 if it's Bobbin Head or Mona Vale. BH best for us.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:49 am
Birds of a feather . . .

OK - decision time. . . .

From the people who have posted so far, looks like we have a clear winner -Bobbin Head it is! I think anyone who gets there too early could be a bit lonely so let's try and gather from 1pm beside the play area.

See you all there.

B
Old Jan 11th 2009, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

Sounds good to me, see you tomorrow. RtP
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Great. See you all there tomorow (and if you pass a house on Bobbin Head Road on the way with a yellow "sold" sign on it it's ours!!!!!!!).
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:41 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

CHANGE OF VENUE:

Because it looks like being a bit of a scorcher and because there is no shade over the play area at Bobbin Head we have decided to meet at Balmoral instead. We will all be on the sand in front of the enclosed swimming area.

See you there. . . .
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

We'll be there.x
Old Jan 11th 2009, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Balmoral doesn't work for us today so see you all next time.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

HayleyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Sorry I can't make it, waiting for a plumber to come today, got blocked drains, oh joy!!
Old Jan 11th 2009, 9:47 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rosscarbery
Great. See you all there tomorow (and if you pass a house on Bobbin Head Road on the way with a yellow "sold" sign on it it's ours!!!!!!!).
Oooh!! Congratulations!
What's the address and agent? Can we see it on t'internet?

I won't get to Balmoral either (as by the time DS wakes it'll be far too late) - have fun!