Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 6:08 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Now you mention it - yes! It must pick out keywords from the thread and try and find relevant adverts... The worrying thing is, i'm sure i once saw an advert for a Gay Removal Company. What were we discussing on that day?!
Tight jeans? <scratches head>

Swervo, in the Angel, with a StormTrooper helmet = Weirdest Cluedo game ever or typical Thursday night out? You decide...
Sounds pretty standard to me....
Old Aug 7th 2007, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Morning all...

I have survived Spendour in the Grass and have just about recovered to think about drinking again... so, the plan for tomorrow is to be at the Metropolitan Hotel on George st anytime from 6.30pm onwards...

fancy dress is optional.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 3:21 am
Just Joined

sglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant future

Hi All,
I'm new to all this and haven't really read all of this thread except the first message about meeting up. Do you guys still meet regulary in the city? Sorry if people have to repaet themselves but i haven't really time to read the whole thread as I'm at work right now! A reply would be appreaciated. Tried to PM some people but admin wouldn't let me?
Regards,
Simon
Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sglnichols
Hi All,
I'm new to all this and haven't really read all of this thread except the first message about meeting up. Do you guys still meet regulary in the city? Sorry if people have to repaet themselves but i haven't really time to read the whole thread as I'm at work right now! A reply would be appreaciated. Tried to PM some people but admin wouldn't let me?
Regards,
Simon
the short answer is YES! I'm a newbe as well in the last couple of weeks, and apart from the odd dodgy music choices (you know who you are) they are a good friendly bunch...

re fancy dress - dammit, left my wookiee costume back in the UK...
Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sglnichols
Hi All,
Regards,
Simon
Hi Simon,

Yep - we meet up every Thursday and try to check out a different bar each time. the next one is tomorrow at the metropolitan on george street - you are more than welcome to come along... should be a few of us out.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Oh no Bonch, you don't get to be a wookie - if I'm stuck down with the ewok outfit side of things (which in the last stars wars outfit allocation it seemed I was) so are you!!! And Simon, don't panic - there aren't really outfits!!!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

...but i'd be the only ewok over 6 foot tall in history, it'd be like will farrell in elf....
Old Aug 9th 2007, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Just a quick update... for those who don't know where it is, the Metropolitan Hotel is at Level 1, 1 Bridge St Sydney (Cnr George St)

hope to see you there...
Old Aug 14th 2007, 1:47 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

I hope that the week finds you well. This is the last week of the course that I have been on, so from next week, I am hoping to start getting some better organised meet ups going.

A couple of things:

I was thinking about starting a new thread - this one has got quite long and tired now - maybe it's time to retire it in favour of a newer, more sprightly one.

And

Where does anybody fancy going this week? Had good reports about the food at Jacksons on George last week, so it could be worth trying, but we're all open to better suggestions.

I think we are actually starting to run out of bars in the city to try, so we could do with getting a bit more imaginitive!

S
Old Aug 14th 2007, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi folks,

I hope that the week finds you well. This is the last week of the course that I have been on, so from next week, I am hoping to start getting some better organised meet ups going.

A couple of things:

I was thinking about starting a new thread - this one has got quite long and tired now - maybe it's time to retire it in favour of a newer, more sprightly one.

And

Where does anybody fancy going this week? Had good reports about the food at Jacksons on George last week, so it could be worth trying, but we're all open to better suggestions.

I think we are actually starting to run out of bars in the city to try, so we could do with getting a bit more imaginitive!

S
I think you should definitely start a new thread - this one is a bit daunting to newcomers...
Old Aug 15th 2007, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vix77
I think you should definitely start a new thread - this one is a bit daunting to newcomers...
So where are you guys actually meeting this week. Was going to tag along if ok with you!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tatyana R
So where are you guys actually meeting this week. Was going to tag along if ok with you!
Hi Tatyana,

The plan for this Thurs is to go to Jacksons on George - it has come recommended for food from Bonch.. apparently it is hawaiian night on one of the levels so bring your grass skirt! ....Don't worry, we will be avoiding that if we can

People will be there from 6.30pm - I will email a description of Swerv-o tomorrow so you know who to look out for. Be good to meet you.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Tatyana R will become famous soon enoughTatyana R will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vix77
Hi Tatyana,

The plan for this Thurs is to go to Jacksons on George - it has come recommended for food from Bonch.. apparently it is hawaiian night on one of the levels so bring your grass skirt! ....Don't worry, we will be avoiding that if we can

People will be there from 6.30pm - I will email a description of Swerv-o tomorrow so you know who to look out for. Be good to meet you.
Will see you there! great.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:07 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tatyana R
Will see you there! great.
Hi folks, I'm going to be a bit late tomorrow night, as I have an appointment until about 7:30, so it will probably be about 8 by the time I get down to Jacksons.

I will be bringing some new folk along, so if you want to go on and eat, then please feel free to order without me...

I hope that's ok with you all.

No doubt I will be wearing my brown cord jacket again, as it's the only one I have!

S
Old Aug 16th 2007, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

we haven't disappaeared off the face of the earth, just too busy for gmail. Am definitely coming tonight and if I I pull my finger out, we'll be there at 6.30. As Swerve-O isn't coming till late, Tatayana - look for a short blonde girl with glasses and ponytail with a guy with black hair and big eyebrows and/or a tall thin girl with long red hair. Not sure who else is coming, but Bonch if you're coming can you post a description as you're talll and easy to spot!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.