Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Sydney? Fancy a drink & meeting some new people?

Oh, just to say, we probably won't come along to next Thursday's meet - the shippers are coming. So we'll be finishing up stuff with the house and whatnot (trying to locate the passports, doubtless!).
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Thats no probs for me. Think the venue is going to be PJ O'Briens. I kinda picked up the thread late. Hey Swerv-O, time for the official venue post before i cause more confusion?

Either way - i'm having pie!
yay - you can be official organiser for next week... hope you enjoy the responsibility....
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:16 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Thats no probs for me. Think the venue is going to be PJ O'Briens. I kinda picked up the thread late. Hey Swerv-O, time for the official venue post before i cause more confusion?

Either way - i'm having pie!
Yes, I've been lured by the prospect of pie.

Shall we say that this week we will meet at PJ 'Obrien's then, normal time - 6:30 - and then next week we will venture out to Balmain, maybe for Pie at The Welcome?

This used to be a drinking thread - now it seems to have become a pie eating one...

S
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:18 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Oh, just to say, we probably won't come along to next Thursday's meet - the shippers are coming. So we'll be finishing up stuff with the house and whatnot (trying to locate the passports, doubtless!).
That mean you are shipping back the ceramic harlequin collection, thimbles, and pottery shire-horses? I hate moving... Be soooo much easier to stay?
Old Jul 4th 2007, 2:19 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, I've been lured by the prospect of pie.

Shall we say that this week we will meet at PJ 'Obrien's then, normal time - 6:30 - and then next week we will venture out to Balmain, maybe for Pie at The Welcome?

This used to be a drinking thread - now it seems to have become a pie eating one...

S
The Sydney Pie Wiki? Now there is a thought....
Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:09 am
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Hello all, we're back from our travels now too, after a short period of being stranded in the outback. We can make tomorrow night, probably can't make next Thursday, definitely can't make next Friday but will probably be free for lunch on Sunday. Confusing huh? Let's focus on tomorrow night and worry about next week when it happens.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 4:17 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katherinious
Hello all, we're back from our travels now too, after a short period of being stranded in the outback. We can make tomorrow night, probably can't make next Thursday, definitely can't make next Friday but will probably be free for lunch on Sunday. Confusing huh? Let's focus on tomorrow night and worry about next week when it happens.
Glad to see you back. We were beginning to think that you had been Wolf Creeked...

S
Old Jul 4th 2007, 7:10 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Could you have used any more smileys in that post?

S
I've been Brisbane-ised.

Must be the extreme heat here...

Or all this hard work I'm having to do
Old Jul 4th 2007, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

speissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nicespeissi is just really nice

Hi All from a night-owl,

At this stage I'm still booked for a dinner with friends in the evening (watch this space though...) and don't know, whether I'm able to pop by, but if there's any way to make a quick turn-up on the way to Wynyard Station, I'll definitely drop in for a

Cheers,
S.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:17 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Had pie at the Three Weeds in Rozelle just t'other night. Very good it was, too.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:18 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Had pie at the Three Weeds in Rozelle just t'other night. Very good it was, too.

IndigoFoot and I really need to get working on the Sydney Pie Map...

S
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:22 am
Cup of tea, Father?

S
I'm fairly confident it'd be awfully similar to the good (proper) pubs in Sydney map.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:23 am
Ooh my gout...

S
Hmmm, some sort of formal 'marking' scheme may be required....
Is it as simple as scoring pastry and filling seperately? Or are there other factors to a good pie? What about toppings - Harry's Cafe d'Wheels style! This could be a discussion best had after a few jars, or a few pies
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:24 am
has lost The Game

Hmmm, some sort of formal 'marking' scheme may be required....
Is it as simple as scoring pastry and filling seperately? Or are there other factors to a good pie? What about toppings - Harry's Cafe d'Wheels style! This could be a discussion best had after a few jars, or a few pies

Maybe we could rate filling, pastry and extras, then aggregate the score?

S
Old Jul 5th 2007, 1:24 am
Cup of tea, Father?

S
Anyhoo, wanted to talk to you! When Mr GG and I met up with Mr Chels earlier this week, we realised we'd not done a pub quiz in yonks. I was going to suggest looking for one for this week's meet, but I didn't get around to it in time. So, do you fancy doing that at some point? The Excelsior quiz in Glebe's quite good. Or we could head to the usual one in Annandale, seen as it's in the middle of everyone? What do you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.