Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney FamilyFunDay Sundays :-)

Sydney FamilyFunDay Sundays :-)

Old May 28th 2011, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney FamilyFunDay Sundays :-)

Sydney transport usually gets a bad rap on here, and deservedly so most of the time I would think.

However since we arrived a month ago now we have been taking advantage of the FamilyFunDay Sundays where you can go anywhere on the trains or ferry's for $2.50 per adult.

You can go from Wollongong in the South to Gosford in the North. Lithgow in the West and Manly to the East and is a great way to get to know the area

I have spent every Sunday on the harbour ferries so far

Sydney is an expensive city to live in but at least this gives the opportunity for families to get out and about.

Right, off to decide where we are taking a picnic today
Old May 29th 2011, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney FamilyFunDay Sundays :-)

Originally Posted by Jon77
Sydney transport usually gets a bad rap on here, and deservedly so most of the time I would think.

However since we arrived a month ago now we have been taking advantage of the FamilyFunDay Sundays where you can go anywhere on the trains or ferry's for $2.50 per adult.

You can go from Wollongong in the South to Gosford in the North. Lithgow in the West and Manly to the East and is a great way to get to know the area

I have spent every Sunday on the harbour ferries so far

Sydney is an expensive city to live in but at least this gives the opportunity for families to get out and about.

Right, off to decide where we are taking a picnic today
I think you can go right up to Newcastle in the North. I think the funday Sunday tickets are excellent. When we were on the ferries sometime last year (with our funday tickets) another group of people were sold them and I made a point of telling them that they could now go on all of the trains/ferries and buses for the day. My husband thought I was mad, but the family were very grateful.

My sister is coming over on holiday in July and we intend to make full use of Sunday travel.

The other thing that you may or may not know already is that any day of the week you only ever have to pay for one child. Any subsequent children are free! :-)

Personally I think that the trains are pretty cheap compared with the UK.
Old May 29th 2011, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Good deal if you have kids...but if you don't, then its still full price on a Sunday...as the $2.50 per adult only applies if you have a kid with you.

We would love to have kids to travel with but can't have them.

I wrote to City Rail saying it was a discrimination against people who couldn’t have kids. I eventually got a very long letter back about how their lawyers considered its wasn’t discriminatory.

I had wrote it not in jest, but just as a bit of a comment. City Rail obviously took it very seriously and got a lot of legal advice before replying!
Old May 30th 2011, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Lawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really niceLawtons in OZ is just really nice

Mornin !

You are more than welcome to borrow my 7 year old wee girl !!!!! House trained and everything !!!!

We now do the Sunday travel thing as its such a bargain, and in Sydney these things are not common. We work our day round the ferry, my hubby has to drag me off as you can now get wireless too!!!

Saw the Vivid lights at the weekend, great show
Old May 30th 2011, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Roger anytime you want to pick our two up you are more than welcome, they've met you now so your not strangers, you just have to ask! Alternatively we could do something all together on a sunday and you could pretend one of them is yours!
Hope your both well, Emma
Old May 30th 2011, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma75
Roger anytime you want to pick our two up you are more than welcome, they've met you now so your not strangers, you just have to ask! Alternatively we could do something all together on a sunday and you could pretend one of them is yours!
Hope your both well, Emma
Thanks Emma, Yes, it was last year that it pee'd me off that it cost us $18 each to go to Kiama because we didn't have kids.

Both well - still trying to get out on the boat and give Nathan a shout to come along. Was hoping to do something yesterday, but then it didn't turn out too great.