Reload this Page >

Sydney Ex Pats Meets?

Sydney Ex Pats Meets?

Old Feb 1st 2004, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Dick B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sydney Ex Pats Meets?

Hello

My second post! (after my first to doubting Thomas who's struggling with angst about his move here). I've recently migrated to Sydney leaving behind a good life in Europe....

I know this is probably really crass and vulgar to ask.... but on top of all my pro-active integration with my loverly new Australians is there any kind of informal group of Ex-pats that meets in Sydney from time to time to share migrants experience to the Lucky Country?

You know......I'm thinking of a group that sits around (a pint) and can whinge about the UK in order to brace out the homesick period and any doubts after arrival in Oz?!!!

More seriously and on a more positive note just to exchange info, discuss 'back home' (meaning Europe in it's wider sense etc and to 'network'?

Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth seem to have them......

Cheers
Dick
Old Feb 1st 2004, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be up for a beer in Sydney one evening after work sometime.

Anyone else?
Old Feb 1st 2004, 11:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Always willing to whinge over a pint! Make it Guinness and I will even tell you Aus is loverly!

But as I am in NZ for work it will depend when you organise it whether I can attend.

It could be very interesting meeting some of the Sydney folks on this site. I have met a few and they are all great folks.

Cheers
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Too many Irish for my liking
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 1:43 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dracupg
Too many Irish for my liking
Far Far better than the scots
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Which are, off course far far better than the Welsh. NO NO NO … we are not going to start this!

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:12 am
Goodpubmisser

I am always game for a beer, but I prefer the weekend.

How about meeting up sometime on the steps of Town Hall and then go to a pub? There is one that I know of within 10 mins walk that sells a few British beers.

PS

I am from near to London originally!

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 5:25 am
WBB

Originally posted by dracupg
Which are, off course far far better than the Welsh. NO NO NO … we are not going to start this!

Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney Ex Pats Meets?

Hi

We'd be up for it. the town Hall steps sounds a good place to meet. What date is good for everyone?

We can do any weekend except this one as were celebrating the better half getting a job.
Cheers

Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:09 am
Gone Senile Member

The drinks bit sounds great - but what about those with kids - can we have two meets - March 5/6 Fri/Sat night best for me cause they will be my weekend homes

Cheers Sandra
Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:33 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Hi All
A meet would be really good, Sunday is best for us. We have a 12 year old son so would like to meet up somewhere suitable to bring him, but i surpose we could always leave him sat on the Town Hall steps.

Are you all living in the city or do any of you live a little further down the coast. We live in Dapto it's near Wollongong.
Takes us about 1 1/2 hrs to get to Sydney.

Debbie Jo
Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:41 am
Gone Senile Member

Originally posted by Debbie Jo
Hi All
A meet would be really good, Sunday is best for us. We have a 12 year old son so would like to meet up somewhere suitable to bring him, but i surpose we could always leave him sat on the Town Hall steps.

Are you all living in the city or do any of you live a little further down the coast. We live in Dapto it's near Wollongong.
Takes us about 1 1/2 hrs to get to Sydney.

Debbie Jo
Great I have a 13 year old Boy and an 11 year old girl

Steps then and we leave them? yeah yeah

Sunday sound good but can we meet early? Cause for the next few months I have to get flights out cause of working in NZ - but I know there are a few who will meet up earlier if we get the date going and confirmed, I can always fly out Monday?

Cheers
Old Feb 4th 2004, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

SuzeM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
Would love to tag along, and I'm with Sandra and Debbie Jo on having an earlier meet as hubby will be working so it'll be me and two kids (plus I don't like driving in the city, somehow can't seem to map read and drive at the same time, so train for me)
Sue
Old Feb 4th 2004, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

So, have I got this right? Sunday 7th March, morning/lunchtime (midday perhaps?) at the Town Hall steps. Will be bringing ‘She who must be obeyed� and a sprightly 3.5 year old boy, so hold on to your drinks.

Kiddie friendly sounds the order of the day. Are we talking Darling Harbour?
Old Feb 12th 2004, 3:26 am
Just Joined

vanriet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Honorary british expats

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have just arrived yesterday on a 4 year business visa and would love to meet all of you. Is this meeting open to everyone? We are actually belgians but have been living in the UK for the last 8 years so consider ourselves honorary british expats....

annemarie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.