Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney - Crossing in amber and Traffic Light Camera Flashed

Sydney - Crossing in amber and Traffic Light Camera Flashed

Old May 28th 2012, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney - Crossing in amber and Traffic Light Camera Flashed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uc7oT...feature=relmfu
Old May 28th 2012, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter was having a driving lesson today and was told that she needed to go through the intersection on green and should turn right on the red to complete her turn. Now the video says that is O.K. but he also said she would be failed if she waited at the intersection for the green arrow right filter. Bit harsh? I must say I wait for the filter, it doesn't take long and I don't feel comfy turning right on red.
Old May 29th 2012, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
My daughter was having a driving lesson today and was told that she needed to go through the intersection on green and should turn right on the red to complete her turn. Now the video says that is O.K. but he also said she would be failed if she waited at the intersection for the green arrow right filter. Bit harsh? I must say I wait for the filter, it doesn't take long and I don't feel comfy turning right on red.
Well, I failed my first driving test exactly for the same reason.... waiting for the the green light to complete the turn...
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

If it is your first ever offence, there's no harm in writing to them, give them a sob story about not being used to NSW roads, etc. It sometimes works. I got off a speed camera fine in Henry Lawson Drive by telling them I'd just come back to Sydney after a six-year absence and wasn't familiar with the way that speed cameras worked.

I got a $300 plus fine & 3 demerit points for the red light camera on Clevo and Sth Dowling Sts last year - mea culpa - I set off on amber. It cured me of 'amber-gambling' but it's disconcerting on lights with no cameras, to see cars shoot through long after you have stopped.