Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney city or surrounds meet?

Sydney city or surrounds meet?

Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough
Default Sydney city or surrounds meet?

I was just enquiring to see if there are meets coming up for Sydney city or its surrounding suburbs?

We moved to Manly just over 2 weeks ago form the UK and thought it would be nice to meet up with some people and have a beer?

Cheers Linda
Old Sep 13th 2005, 11:56 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sydney city or surrounds meet?

Originally Posted by Goodwin
I was just enquiring to see if there are meets coming up for Sydney city or its surrounding suburbs?

We moved to Manly just over 2 weeks ago form the UK and thought it would be nice to meet up with some people and have a beer?

Cheers Linda
Hi i am still in the uk at the moment but should hopefully be in sydney by the end of october at the latest and we would definitely be interested in meeting people in the surrounding areas. At the monet we are waiting for teh house sale to go through getting there just waiting for the other side to sign contracts.

Poshrice
Old Sep 14th 2005, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hi i am still in the uk at the moment but should hopefully be in sydney by the end of october at the latest and we would definitely be interested in meeting people in the surrounding areas. At the monet we are waiting for teh house sale to go through getting there just waiting for the other side to sign contracts.

Poshrice
Yeah definatly worth meeting up with people, as I find this the hardest part of the move, actually meeting new friends. Its only been just over 2 weeks but the only part of home I really miss (at this point) is just being able to go out with friends for a beer and have a laugh.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:14 am
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Yeah definatly worth meeting up with people, as I find this the hardest part of the move, actually meeting new friends. Its only been just over 2 weeks but the only part of home I really miss (at this point) is just being able to go out with friends for a beer and have a laugh.
Lol just noticed you were previously in west mids!!! where abouts i am in walsall and grew up in great barr birmingham. once we know what date we should be arriving in sydney will let you know and we can arrange a date to go out for a drink. do you have any kids???? we have a little boy who will be two xmas so is gonna be strange being away from home for xmas.

spk soon
Poshrice
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Lol just noticed you were previously in west mids!!! where abouts i am in walsall and grew up in great barr birmingham. once we know what date we should be arriving in sydney will let you know and we can arrange a date to go out for a drink. do you have any kids???? we have a little boy who will be two xmas so is gonna be strange being away from home for xmas.

spk soon
Poshrice
We lived in Halesowen, just 15 minutes away from Gret Barr down the motorway. We are living in Manly now, soooooo much nicer!

Hope you are prepared for a hectic few weeks when you get here, so much to do its all go. Where are you planning on settling, have you got anything sorted yet, any family/friends over here? Thats what we have found you miss the most, just being able to pop around to see people.

No we don't have any kids, just me and the boyfriend (early 30's).

Let us know what date you are coming over and we can meet up for a beer if you are in and around the area.

Hope the move goes well and all the best. If we can help in any way just ask, as we know how difficult it can be and there are always a thousand questions on your mind (no matter how trival they seem).

See ya
Linda and Tim
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:42 am
Tired but Happy

We lived in Halesowen, just 15 minutes away from Gret Barr down the motorway. We are living in Manly now, soooooo much nicer!

Hope you are prepared for a hectic few weeks when you get here, so much to do its all go. Where are you planning on settling, have you got anything sorted yet, any family/friends over here? Thats what we have found you miss the most, just being able to pop around to see people.

No we don't have any kids, just me and the boyfriend (early 30's).

Let us know what date you are coming over and we can meet up for a beer if you are in and around the area.

Hope the move goes well and all the best. If we can help in any way just ask, as we know how difficult it can be and there are always a thousand questions on your mind (no matter how trival they seem).

See ya
Linda and Tim
I think the stress has already started lol we are looking at North Rocks we have found a lovely house on realestate.com but do you think i can get a reply off the real estate agents all i want to know is if the property is still available and if so what would need to do next we are not desperate as hubbys employer is putting us in a service apartment for the 1st month but like i say the house we have seen is just perfect for us it is a 4 bed new build in the area we want witht the space we want (well anything has got to be bigger than where we are now 2 bed rabbit hutch) oh well maybe will have to stay up late tonight and ring them at least then will get an answer sorry to bend your ear but is hard to talk to people here as they just don't get what it is like waiting for things to happen. will definitely keep in touch hubby has friends in Engadine but i have not been to Oz yet so will ahve to get out and about and meet people myself.

Spk soon
Poshrice
Old Sep 14th 2005, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I think the stress has already started lol we are looking at North Rocks we have found a lovely house on realestate.com but do you think i can get a reply off the real estate agents all i want to know is if the property is still available and if so what would need to do next we are not desperate as hubbys employer is putting us in a service apartment for the 1st month but like i say the house we have seen is just perfect for us it is a 4 bed new build in the area we want witht the space we want (well anything has got to be bigger than where we are now 2 bed rabbit hutch) oh well maybe will have to stay up late tonight and ring them at least then will get an answer sorry to bend your ear but is hard to talk to people here as they just don't get what it is like waiting for things to happen. will definitely keep in touch hubby has friends in Engadine but i have not been to Oz yet so will ahve to get out and about and meet people myself.

Spk soon
Poshrice
Hi Poshrice

I'm another ex-West Midlander!!! Was born and brought up in Solihull. We are living just near Castle Hill........so not far at all from North Rocks. If you need any info on this area give me a shout.

Rudi
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:12 pm
Tired but Happy

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Poshrice

I'm another ex-West Midlander!!! Was born and brought up in Solihull. We are living just near Castle Hill........so not far at all from North Rocks. If you need any info on this area give me a shout.

Rudi
Hey great brilliant so i take it you are up for a meet when we get to sydney, can i ask a really big favour as you are not far from north rocks i am trying to find out some info on a property my hubby and i have fallen in love with on realestate.com and we need to know whether it is still available and if so what we need to do next to secure it the agents for it are PRD Nationwide parramatta so if you are passing anytime in the future if you could find out for me would really appreciate it and would repay you with a lovely cold beer when we get to Oz lol if you can help PM me. Anyway to get back to the point and stop being a pain i am so glad that there are some midlanders in sydney i went to a local meet and it seemed like everyone i spoke to was off to Brisbane, do you have any kids as you probably saw in my earlier posts i have a son who will be 2 xmas.

Spk soon
Poshrice
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really niceAlex Hall is just really nice

Cheers Linda
Drop SOAPY a pm, he has arranged the previous Sydney meets, there was one at the end of August I believe.. Guess you just missed that one.

good luck

Alex
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

There seems to be a few West Midlands fleeing the UK, i wonder why????

We are definatly up for a meet in or around Sydney so keep in touch. Would be good to share stories and experiences.

North Rocks, thats out towards Ryde, Parramatta? I work in North Ryde its a bit of a way from Manly so had to buy a car straight away. But its still only a 35-40 minute drive. Its right by Lane Cove in natural bushland, very nice place compared to where i worked in Birmingham!!!

Am loving it over here and cannot wait for the summer as we live minutes away form Manly beach!!! Have joined the local gym today to meet new people and also get toned up for the beach and my much needed surfing lessons!!!

Keep in touch
Linda
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be a few West Midlands fleeing the UK, i wonder why????

We are definatly up for a meet in or around Sydney so keep in touch. Would be good to share stories and experiences.

North Rocks, thats out towards Ryde, Parramatta? I work in North Ryde its a bit of a way from Manly so had to buy a car straight away. But its still only a 35-40 minute drive. Its right by Lane Cove in natural bushland, very nice place compared to where i worked in Birmingham!!!

Am loving it over here and cannot wait for the summer as we live minutes away form Manly beach!!! Have joined the local gym today to meet new people and also get toned up for the beach and my much needed surfing lessons!!!

Keep in touch
Linda

Hi Linda

North Rocks is out between towards Castle Hill - Ryde is MILES AWAY!!! And Parammata is further south!

My Hubby works in North Ryde too.....but he comes from the opposite direction to you! He was born in Bromsgrove.....so another Brummie!

Rudi