Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - Sept 19th

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - Sept 19th

Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:34 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - Sept 19th

Hey Folks, I appear to be back! A huge thanks to Jackie for arranging things - heaven knows what we will do when she returns to Blighty!

Anyway, this week, it's F on our alphabetical odyssey, and given the lack of F pubs in the CBD, Vix has suggested trotting over to North Sydney to The Firehouse Hotel, at 86, Walker Street, North Sydney:

The Firehouse Hotel

I know it's a little bit further than normal, but let's give it a try - it's only really one train stop away from the CBD. The menu looks pretty ood, as do the surroundings.

Who else is in?

S
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - Sept 19th

North Sydney? Like over the bridge? This is a big moment for me. It'll be the first time I can walk home from the pub on an expats Thursday.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:49 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
North Sydney? Like over the bridge? This is a big moment for me. It'll be the first time I can walk home from the pub on an expats Thursday.

Well, I guess you're sure to come then!

S
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
Na, it's a shithole.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Hey Folks, I appear to be back! A huge thanks to Jackie for arranging things - heaven knows what we will do when she returns to Blighty!

Anyway, this week, it's F on our alphabetical odyssey, and given the lack of F pubs in the CBD, Vix has suggested trotting over to North Sydney to The Firehouse Hotel, at 86, Walker Street, North Sydney:

The Firehouse Hotel

I know it's a little bit further than normal, but let's give it a try - it's only really one train stop away from the CBD. The menu looks pretty ood, as do the surroundings.

Who else is in?

S
North of the bridge! Get ready to duck...incoming!!! Can we go the Rag and Famish after with their dimpled pint glasses
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:52 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

S
I will lead by example and be there tomorrow, my Adelaide trip was cancelled so I have no excuses....
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Wow!! this is a seismic shift!!! I have clients at 7, so may not make it... :-(
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:30 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Wow!! this is a seismic shift!!! I have clients at 7, so may not make it... :-(

Sod them - come to the pub...

S
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

PS is there a pole I can slide down Bridget Jones Stylee??
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
PS is there a pole I can slide down Bridget Jones Stylee??
It is an old fire station so probably... yes!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

It is an old fire station so probably... yes!
...That was my thinking Mark...normally I dont check!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Happiya is an unknown quantity at this point

Boll#@ks. This was the first one i was planning to miss for ages due to a big presentation first thing on friday morning - then you chose a pub right opposite where i work!

I suppose ill now have to see you guys tomorrow!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

princio is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Bugger me you're all coming over to the posh side.

I guess I can't not show my face as it's in my manor. It is mine and Hayley's anniversary tonight so will just have to see if I can work my magic.

This place has an upstairs which is really good. Bit more open and airy, can be a bit dingy downstairs (nice place just not very well lit)

Anyway as we are rapidly firing through the alphabet I hear there is this amazing bar on George St called Jackson's? We should definitely go there when it gets to 'J'

:hysterica l::argu e:

Sorry Mark couldn't resist

See you all later (hopefully)
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:10 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by princio
Well Bugger me you're all coming over to the posh side.

I guess I can't not show my face as it's in my manor. It is mine and Hayley's anniversary tonight so will just have to see if I can work my magic.

This place has an upstairs which is really good. Bit more open and airy, can be a bit dingy downstairs (nice place just not very well lit)

Anyway as we are rapidly firing through the alphabet I hear there is this amazing bar on George St called Jackson's? We should definitely go there when it gets to 'J'

:hysterica l::argu e:

Sorry Mark couldn't resist

See you all later (hopefully)

Actually Vix suggested that I reseve an area tonight, and I completely forgot. Doh.

Will have to suck it and see...

S
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

alexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nicealexswift is just really nice

I didn't bring my Passport to work today, do you think the bridge troll will let me pass?

Ps see you at 6ish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.