Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - November 5th - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - November 5th - All welcome

Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:38 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - November 5th - All welcome

Another Thursday looms, and so I guess it's time to think about another set of Thursday drinks. It will be November the 5th, which is Guy Fawkes night, but I can't find anything really suitable to do, so I thought we should go for a beer instead. I thought about bringing some indoor fireworks, but apparently they are illegal.

This week, I suggest The Dundee Arms, on Sussex Street (161), next to the 4 Points Sheratton Hotel. I think It may actually be part of that, but they serve pints, so what the hell. Looks like they don't have a website of their own, so here's the entry from SydneyPubGuide.

It says Modern Australian cuisine, so I guess that means the usual selection of schnizel and steak. Probably no decent pies

So who can we count on to attend this week? I'm looking forward to some beers tomorrow night, particularly after 2 weeks off!

S

Ps. How was the Belvedere?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - November 5th - All welcome

Welcome back to the drinking party Mr S. The Belvedere was an intimate affair, only the 3 of us but it was still a good night. We should put that back on the list since no-one got to experience it and the staff are really friendly and the food is good....

I will be out tomorrow, not sure what time as I have a meeting which is threatening to run late but I am not far away so will pop in regardless....
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I shall attend. I feel like I'm about to fall into my silly ways again with drinking nearly everyday of the week. Cant wait lol.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 12:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I shall attend. I feel like I'm about to fall into my silly ways again with drinking nearly everyday of the week. Cant wait lol.

That's exactly how I feel after the last couple of weeks of abstinence!

I was sad to miss out on the Belvedere - It's always good to go somewhere new. I should post up the pints listing again, so we have a note of where we have been...

S
Old Nov 4th 2009, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

Yep, we should be there also
Old Nov 4th 2009, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dmpp
Yep, we should be there also
Yep, me too and I might even have my parents in tow! Mum's a bit under the weather but Dad might be persuaded!!!!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

I'll be there - although after three weeks of Essex induced liver damage and chronic jet lag, it might be a short teetotal visit......
Old Nov 4th 2009, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Is Punky going to make an appearance ?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
Drat - you took the words right out of my mouth!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
He may be sitting downstairs near the door yes.......along with a couple of tubes of toothpaste!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:58 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Work permitting - will show my face. Still shocked that Punky made it past our friends at Border Patrol. Ah, the whiff of kulfi..

If that isn't a good name for an album - i don't know what is. I digress...
Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Work permitting - will show my face. Still shocked that Punky made it past our friends at Border Patrol. Ah, the whiff of kulfi..

If that isn't a good name for an album - i don't know what is. I digress...
did I miss something.... what is punky?
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vix77
Not what but who!
Old Nov 5th 2009, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vix77
Oh Vix - you wait until you see him!!! You'll be on that plane earlier than Xmas, in fact you'll be at Kingsford Smith tomorrow just begging them to take you to the nearest British curry house so you too can get an ice cream stuffed penguin...
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

Unfortuantly a last minute change of plans means we won't be going tonight.:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.