Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - November 18th 2010

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - November 18th 2010

Old Nov 17th 2010, 7:33 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - November 18th 2010

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the very late reply - Had a hectic day finishing off exams etc.

Looks like the weather will be nice tomorrow, so let's try and outside venue - well a venue with some outside anyway. I think The Metropolitan, at 1, Bridge Street, may just be the droids we are looking for:

The Metropolitan

I know it's right above a McDonalds, but it has good beers and a great roof terrace for nicer evenings. Let's hope the weather holds so we can try it out!

S
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - November 18th 2010

See you there.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough

I've got a crap night out doing client drinks on Thursday in The Rocks.

I hate taking clients out. If you're out later then I'll probably be in need of some friendly faces...
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Might pop along!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds pleasant, I've been wondering where the rooftop bars in the city are. And above a Macca's as well - what more could you ask for.....
Old Nov 18th 2010, 3:49 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoeBloggs80
Sounds pleasant, I've been wondering where the rooftop bars in the city are. And above a Macca's as well - what more could you ask for.....

we should try the Verandah too - that's a nice bar with a good view. maybe next week...

S
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
we should try the Verandah too - that's a nice bar with a good view. maybe next week...

S
The glenmore is where the roof parties are. Although negotiating the 3 flights of stairs on the way out can be tricky after 10 pints!
Old Nov 19th 2010, 3:44 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by markbhx
The glenmore is where the roof parties are. Although negotiating the 3 flights of stairs on the way out can be tricky after 10 pints!

Therein lies the problem with the Glenmore - they don't serve pints - not even schooners, just those awful thimbles of beer they call schmidis. And for the price of pints.

For that reason alone I dislike that place.

S
Old Nov 19th 2010, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Generali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the roughGenerali is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
Sounds like a winner. It's on my building at work.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:25 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Generali
Sounds like a winner. It's on my building at work.
I could not make it on Thursday eve but decided to have a quick recce of the rooftop bar early afternoon...**** me...just a few stairs!!!! I needed 2 pints at the top just to cool down!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:53 am
Just Joined

gazzamid is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
I'm Gareth i will try and make it down to the next meet up if thats ok.

been here about 2 years now but just found this site.

Do you just turn up??
Gareth
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:55 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazzamid
Hi All

Do you just turn up??
Gareth
Gareth, when Swervo puts out the calling notice for this weeks meet up, just ask then and he will give you the details. I have only been to one so far but they seem relatively normal people...most of them!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Hi All

Do you just turn up??
Gareth
$5 entry fee, bookings essential, contact swerv-o for details
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:17 am
Just Joined

gazzamid is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not going if people are normal !!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:45 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Im not going if people are normal !!!!
I was being polite!! lol Its a bit like that bar in Star Wars where all the freaks of the universe all meet up for a beer and chat!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.