Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 27th 2010

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 27th 2010

Old May 26th 2010, 5:54 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 27th 2010

Hi Folks,

After last week's escapades at The Angel, I have had a request this week to head to the Belgian Beer Cafe at 135 Harrington Street, in The Rocks:

The Belgian Beer Cafe

I suspect that I won't be able to get a decent pint of Cider here, but the beer is good, and the food is pretty yummy too - particularly the Moules Frites.

So who's in?

S
Old May 26th 2010, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 27th 2010

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks,

After last week's escapades at The Angel, I have had a request this week to head to the Belgian Beer Cafe at 135 Harrington Street, in The Rocks:

The Belgian Beer Cafe

I suspect that I won't be able to get a decent pint of Cider here, but the beer is good, and the food is pretty yummy too - particularly the Moules Frites.

So who's in?

S
Blimey, were your ears burning? Pompey and me were just wondering where this week's post had got to ... was about to chastise you!!!!

See you tomorrow
Old May 26th 2010, 6:01 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
Blimey, were your ears burning? Pompey and me were just wondering where this week's post had got to ... was about to chastise you!!!!

See you tomorrow
Yes, I had to wait for the computer to finish doing some work before I could post.

Stupid actual work getting in the way of our social lives again...

S
Old May 26th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

robjcamb has a spectacular aura aboutrobjcamb has a spectacular aura aboutrobjcamb has a spectacular aura about

Hi Folks,

The Belgian Beer Cafe

So who's in?

S
Hey,

Moved to Sydney about a week ago, so I should probably be sociable and come and say hello!

Anyone 'funny lookin' I should look out for, if only to find where you're all sitting, or do I just listen for the foreign accent (not that there aren't enough of those round my way!),

Rob
Old May 26th 2010, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Bermudashorts and I are in Sydney at the moment on validation trip but it could be a more permanent move. We were thinking of swinging by if that is OK.

Same question as Rob, how will we know who you are?
Old May 26th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys!! new faces hurrah! PM me or swervo for mobiles and we can ensure we meet! I'll be there at 6;30 and am blonde, and so is bats! we'll look out for you!
Old May 26th 2010, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

robjcamb has a spectacular aura aboutrobjcamb has a spectacular aura aboutrobjcamb has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Hi Guys!! new faces hurrah! PM me or swervo for mobiles and we can ensure we meet! I'll be there at 6;30 and am blonde, and so is bats! we'll look out for you!
Great, thanks! Just pm'd you.
Old May 26th 2010, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Yes, I had to wait for the computer to finish doing some work before I could post.

Stupid actual work getting in the way of our social lives again...

S
It's always the way! See you tomorrow night
Old May 27th 2010, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Andy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to all

Hi Folks,

The Belgian Beer Cafe

So who's in?

S
Deal me in

Was in there on Saturday, and yesh, I can confirm the very high quality of the Moules Frites.

Oooh, check my accidental Sean Connery impersonation.
Old May 27th 2010, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andy1875
Deal me in

Was in there on Saturday, and yesh, I can confirm the very high quality of the Moules Frites.

Oooh, check my accidental Sean Connery impersonation.
Yesh indeed ... very impressive!!!
Old May 27th 2010, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Andy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to allAndy1875 is a name known to all

Yesh indeed ... very impressive!!!
Shplendid!!!

I used to live where he used to do his milk round. How tenuous a claim to fame is that? Well that and I've had my photo taken with David Wilkie.
Old May 27th 2010, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Andy1875
Shplendid!!!

I used to live where he used to do his milk round. How tenuous a claim to fame is that? Well that and I've had my photo taken with David Wilkie.
I think that living on Sean Connery's old milk round is probably the greater claim to fame!!!
Old May 27th 2010, 11:57 pm
has lost The Game

I think that living on Sean Connery's old milk round is probably the greater claim to fame!!!

Bleugh. Who had the bright idea of going out and drinking so much on a Thursday night, knowing full well that I had a meeting at 10 this morning?

Honestly, I feel like a goat has sh*t in my head.

Still, a good night out none-the-less.

Anybody got any suggestions for next week?

S
Old May 28th 2010, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bleugh. Who had the bright idea of going out and drinking so much on a Thursday night, knowing full well that I had a meeting at 10 this morning?

Honestly, I feel like a goat has sh*t in my head.

Still, a good night out none-the-less.

Anybody got any suggestions for next week?

S
Well, I'm guilty of choosing the venue ... but I didn't pour all that beer down your throat Swervo!!!! How about another old favourite for next week ... P J O'Briens?
Old May 31st 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

PJs ok by me...my hangover should be cured by then!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.