Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 14th - All Welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 14th - All Welcome

Old May 12th 2009, 2:06 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 14th - All Welcome

Hi folks,

lots of notice for this week's drinks, and another new pub that we haven't been to before: The St James Hotel, on Castlereagh Street

The St James Hotel

This pub has multiple levels, but I think if we meet in the ground floor bar, then we can have a bite to eat and maybe venture to the cocktail lounge or the cellar a little later. I note that they also have pie on the menu

So who will be joining us this week?

S
Old May 12th 2009, 2:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - May 14th - All Welcome

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi folks,

lots of notice for this week's drinks, and another new pub that we haven't been to before: The St James Hotel, on Castlereagh Street

The St James Hotel

This pub has multiple levels, but I think if we meet in the ground floor bar, then we can have a bite to eat and maybe venture to the cocktail lounge or the cellar a little later. I note that they also have pie on the menu

So who will be joining us this week?

S

I presume you mean "street level" as opposed to "lower ground floor"?
Old May 12th 2009, 2:21 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
I presume you mean "street level" as opposed to "lower ground floor"?
Yes, street level. Why they should have such fancy names for their bars is beyond me!

S
Old May 12th 2009, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, street level. Why they should have such fancy names for their bars is beyond me!

S
So they can charge more?!!!
Old May 12th 2009, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Are you sure you should be bigging up the pie considering our recent woeful lack of success on that front recently - I'm even contemplating bringing a pack of puff pastry and a blow torch out with me just in case!

And I thought that 'brushed metal' decor looked familiar - it's owned by the same people as the Sanctuary!

Last edited by briwi; May 12th 2009 at 4:12 am.
Old May 12th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

I am not going to be able to make it again this week - i am off to brisbane with work - boo.
Old May 13th 2009, 9:52 pm

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

So they can charge more?!!!
Beer, pie and a bit of healthy cynicism...what could be better on a Thursday night
Old May 13th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kitt
Beer, pie and a bit of healthy cynicism...what could be better on a Thursday night
OMG! You're here!!! When did you get back?
Old May 13th 2009, 11:15 pm

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG! You're here!!! When did you get back?
Last week...I wanted to catch this winter to see if I could make it three in a row
Old May 19th 2009, 12:57 am
has lost The Game

Hi folks,

Here's the link to this week's meet up thread:

The Link

S