Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 9th - Fancy a pint?

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 9th - Fancy a pint?

Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:41 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 9th - Fancy a pint?

Ok, let's get this how on the road then.

Having had enough of Schooners and Schmidis, and nearly getting into an argument with the barman last week, we have decided to take in all of the CBD establisments that serve beer in good old Pints. After three years of drinking in the city, we have come up with an exhaustive list of pint based service here in Sydney.

In no partiular order:

PJ O'Briens
Maloney's
The Observer
The Lord Nelson
The Wynyard
The Australian Heritage Hotel
The Three Wise Monkeys
Bavarian Beer cafe
Martin Place Bar
The George
The Arthouse Bar
The Grand Hotel
The Hero of Waterloo
James Squires Taphouse

So thios week we will start the ball rolling with a visit to an old favourite, The Royal George:

The Royal George

Snuggled in opposite Wynyard Station on George Street, this has long been a favourite of ours, and was recently the venu for our St Georges Day celebrations. Great beer and great food too. Even cider on tap if I recall correctly.

See you there from 6:30 onwards...

S
Old Jul 8th 2009, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - July 9th - Fancy a pint?

Wish I could come...had a good night last time at the George, bit posh for us Shire people though!

Are they real pints or 500ml pints, noticed a bit of that lately.

Have a good night and feel free to come to our bash on Saturday, sorry no pints but we have got a plastic Christmas tree.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Think I'll make it this time. Feeling strong enough to hold a pint today.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 4:30 am

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ok, let's get this how on the road then.

Having had enough of Schooners and Schmidis, and nearly getting into an argument with the barman last week, we have decided to take in all of the CBD establisments that serve beer in good old Pints. After three years of drinking in the city, we have come up with an exhaustive list of pint based service here in Sydney.

In no partiular order:

PJ O'Briens
Maloney's
The Observer
The Lord Nelson
The Wynyard
The Australian Heritage Hotel
The Three Wise Monkeys
Bavarian Beer cafe
Martin Place Bar
The George
The Arthouse Bar
The Grand Hotel
The Hero of Waterloo
James Squires Taphouse

So thios week we will start the ball rolling with a visit to an old favourite, The Royal George:

The Royal George

Snuggled in opposite Wynyard Station on George Street, this has long been a favourite of ours, and was recently the venu for our St Georges Day celebrations. Great beer and great food too. Even cider on tap if I recall correctly.

See you there from 6:30 onwards...

S
That looks a great choice to me. Mmmmm....pints of beer.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 5:30 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

I'm in.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by kitt
That looks a great choice to me. Mmmmm....pints of beer.
Yes, but will you actually turn up?!!!