Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 17th 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 17th 2011

Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:57 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 17th 2011

Hi Folks,

Well, afterA couple of false starts, it looks like it's time to revive the Sydney CBD Pints Tour. We did this a couple of years ago, and were surprised by the results - we actually managed to find quite a few pubs selling our favourite measure.

So let's give it another go, and see how it compares this time. I suggest to maintain some semblance of order, we kick off at the letter A, so let's head to The Albion Place tomorrow night:

The Albion Place

This is actually one of my favourite bars, despite the chrome and tiles, it still manages to maintain a bit of atmosphere. Plus it's also close to the station, and a confirmed seller of pints!

See you all tomorrow,

S
Old Feb 16th 2011, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

princio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 17th 2011

I'm in! Bring on the Friday morning fuzziness :-)
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:21 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks,

Well, afterA couple of false starts, it looks like it's time to revive the Sydney CBD Pints Tour. We did this a couple of years ago, and were surprised by the results - we actually managed to find quite a few pubs selling our favourite measure.

So let's give it another go, and see how it compares this time. I suggest to maintain some semblance of order, we kick off at the letter A, so let's head to The Albion Place tomorrow night:

The Albion Place

This is actually one of my favourite bars, despite the chrome and tiles, it still manages to maintain a bit of atmosphere. Plus it's also close to the station, and a confirmed seller of pints!

See you all tomorrow,

S
I won't be there but looks a decent place, have a great night!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

jjj1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh have a good night guys......should hopefully join you next week at the bull and bush!.....lol
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Think I'll be there for a few.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Happiya is an unknown quantity at this point

work very busy this month but should be able to make it! Dylan
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:41 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys every get to 'The Lord Nelson' on Kent street ( The Rocks end ) ? Real beer served in pints, a grumpy landlord, great pub and good food. I don't often get to Sydney, but when i do it's top of the agenda for me and the missus.

I might try to get to one of your meet-ups one day soon, if you can put up with an old fart - I'm turning into one of those geezers from Grumpy old Men. It's what I have aspired to be for a very long time.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 1:45 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Do you guys every get to 'The Lord Nelson' on Kent street ( The Rocks end ) ? Real beer served in pints, a grumpy landlord, great pub and good food. I don't often get to Sydney, but when i do it's top of the agenda for me and the missus.

I might try to get to one of your meet-ups one day soon, if you can put up with an old fart - I'm turning into one of those geezers from Grumpy old Men. It's what I have aspired to be for a very long time.

We certainly do - The Lord Nelson is a great pub, with a bespoke brewery on site. The Trafalgar beer is an excellent tipple, though I pretty much drink Cider these days.

I think that we will try and do the pin tour in some sort of alphabetical order, so that it doesn't involve too much umming and aaahing about where we go, so when we get to L, that will probably be our destination...

S
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Superhoop is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be there
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

We certainly do - The Lord Nelson is a great pub, with a bespoke brewery on site. The Trafalgar beer is an excellent tipple, though I pretty much drink Cider these days.

I think that we will try and do the pin tour in some sort of alphabetical order, so that it doesn't involve too much umming and aaahing about where we go, so when we get to L, that will probably be our destination...

S
Ah yes the alphabetical tour. When I first went to one of these we were on J. Anyone guess the pub?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:52 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Ah yes the alphabetical tour. When I first went to one of these we were on J. Anyone guess the pub?
Jackson's on George?

I have painstakingly gone through the last Pints tour, and extracted the list. It looks like this at the moment (in no particular order):

PJ O'Briens
The Albion Place Hotel
Maloney's
The Observer
The Lord Nelson
The Wynyard
The Australian Heritage Hotel
The Three Wise Monkeys
Bavarian Beer cafe
Martin Place Bar
The George
The Arthouse Bar
The Grand Hotel
The Hero of Waterloo
James Squires Taphouse
The Cheers Bar
Harts Pub
Jacksons on George
The Customs House Bar
The Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe
The Office Bar
The Dundee Arms (4 Points Sheraton)
The Belvedere

That's 24 for the time being, but if we come across any more, then we should get them added.

S
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Jackson's on George?

I have painstakingly gone through the last Pints tour, and extracted the list. It looks like this at the moment (in no particular order):

PJ O'Briens
The Albion Place Hotel
Maloney's
The Observer
The Lord Nelson
The Wynyard
The Three Wise Monkeys
Bavarian Beer cafe
Martin Place Bar
The George
The Arthouse Bar
The Grand Hotel
The Hero of Waterloo
James Squires Taphouse
The Cheers Bar
Harts Pub
Jacksons on George
The Customs House Bar
The Office Bar
The Belvedere

That's 24 for the time being, but if we come across any more, then we should get them added.

S
Yes, Jacksons. I remember everyone drinking Jaegerbombs and thinking 'wow these guys are a bit hardcore'.

The Belgium Bier cafe in the rocks. Do the Glenmore do pints?
Old Feb 17th 2011, 3:58 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Yes, Jacksons. I remember everyone drinking Jaegerbombs and thinking 'wow these guys are a bit hardcore'.

The Belgium Bier cafe in the rocks. Do the Glenmore do pints?

I'll add the Belguim Beer Cafe. Also add the other Bavarian one.

No, The Glenmore only do Schmidis, albeit at pint prices. Captive market, tourists, view etc... Almost as pricey as the ECQ bar.

PJ O'Briens
The Albion Place Hotel
Maloney's
The Observer
The Lord Nelson
The Wynyard
The Three Wise Monkeys
Bavarian Beer cafe (Rocks)
Bavarian Beer Cafe (York Street)
Martin Place Bar
The George
The Arthouse Bar
The Grand Hotel
The Hero of Waterloo
James Squires Taphouse
The Cheers Bar
Harts Pub
Jacksons on George
The Customs House Bar
The Office Bar
The Belvedere
The Belgian Beer Cafe (Rocks)

S

Last edited by Swerv-o; Feb 17th 2011 at 4:00 am.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - February 17th 2011

I would to join you but already have pint of Budvar. Briwi has wine !
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:00 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
I would to join you but already have pint of Budvar. Briwi has wine !

Scrivens! How much did I have to drink last night? I feel utterly wretched this morning!

I think totting them up, it was close to 8 pints.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.