British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 8th 2010 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-cbd-thursday-night-drinks-april-8th-2010-a-662946/)

Swerv-o Apr 7th 2010 5:59 am

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 8th 2010

Hi Folks,

I thought that we should try and stick with the central CBD theme this week, as we have been drifting about into the sticks over the last couple of weeks.

So let's try out the Forbes Hotel on the corner of King and York Streets, right in the heart of the city.

The Forbes Hotel

It has quite the old styling to the place, so let's hope that it can deliver with a good evening. Let's meet on the Ground Floor bar, and then we can head upstairs for cocktails/food later on, if the mood grabs us.

Any takers?

S

knockoff nige Apr 7th 2010 6:54 am

Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 8th 2010

Think I'll make it this time.

Andy1875 Apr 8th 2010 1:18 am

Hello folks,

Me and the missus are new in town (Hmmm, that sounds like an advert you would see in a London telephone box) and were gonna mosey along to have a few sherbets and meet you guys. So.....errr.....what time will you be there? And will you be wearing red carnations so we can spot you?

I'll be the tall one looking furtivley round the bar, trying to spot a group of what may be Expats.

Cheers
Andy

Bats1 Apr 8th 2010 1:19 am

Originally Posted by knockoff nige (Post 8478086)
Think I'll make it this time.

Yep. See you tonight.

Bats1 Apr 8th 2010 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Andy1875 (Post 8480262)
Hello folks,

Me and the missus are new in town (Hmmm, that sounds like an advert you would see in a London telephone box) and were gonna mosey along to have a few sherbets and meet you guys. So.....errr.....what time will you be there? And will you be wearing red carnations so we can spot you?

I'll be the tall one looking furtivley round the bar, trying to spot a group of what may be Expats.

Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy

If you want to private message either me or Swervo, we can give you our mobile numbers. If you want a more visual prompt, I've got short blonde hair, am also short in stature and wearing a white and blue floral dress today!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Generali Apr 8th 2010 2:05 am

I won't make it this week for a reason so rubbish I'm not going to post it. Hope to see you next week.

Have a beer for me!

dmpp Apr 8th 2010 2:08 am

We will be there later with my parents in tow.

hotfuss Apr 8th 2010 3:12 am

Oooh I wasn't going to go but I may have to now to meet the DM folks... will they have embarrassing baby pics with them?!!

Andy1875 Apr 8th 2010 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Bats1 (Post 8480266)
Hi Andy

If you want to private message either me or Swervo, we can give you our mobile numbers. If you want a more visual prompt, I've got short blonde hair, am also short in stature and wearing a white and blue floral dress today!!!!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Cool, I'm pretty sure I should be able to spot you from the description.

Likewise, looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers
Andy

JoeBloggs80 Apr 8th 2010 4:43 am

I want to pop along to one of these at some point but can't make tonight unfortunately.

knockoff nige Apr 8th 2010 5:24 am

Originally Posted by hotfuss (Post 8480429)
Oooh I wasn't going to go but I may have to now to meet the DM folks... will they have embarrassing baby pics with them?!!

I really dont want to see DM as a baby. I doubt he was every cute he he

Superhoop Apr 8th 2010 6:33 am

I can make it tonight, woohoo! Forbes looks very grand, looking forward to it. See y'all there.

Swerv-o Apr 8th 2010 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Superhoop (Post 8480635)
I can make it tonight, woohoo! Forbes looks very grand, looking forward to it. See y'all there.

Cool. Looks like a big night then. I'll see you all from 6:30.

For the new folks, I am wearing blue jeans and a white shirt with red stripes. Long hair and very unshaven...

S

Bats1 Apr 8th 2010 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Generali (Post 8480346)
I won't make it this week for a reason so rubbish I'm not going to post it. Hope to see you next week.

Have a beer for me!

Yeah, I think you should tell us anyway!!!

Bats1 Apr 8th 2010 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 8480642)
Cool. Looks like a big night then. I'll see you all from 6:30.

For the new folks, I am wearing blue jeans and a white shirt with red stripes. Long hair and very unshaven...

S

6.30? Really Swervo, Really?!!!!