Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 21st 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 21st 2011

Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:34 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 21st 2011

Hey Folks,

Should have a big night out this week, as most of us have Friday off. The alphabetical Pint tour leads us to the letter M, but there are no M and N pubs, so we are going to move swiftly on to O.

So the letter O will be brought to us by The Observer Hotel, at 69 George Street, in The Rocks:

The Observer

Serving pints and a cracking pie, this could be the perfect place to springboard from for a cheeky Easter pub crawl of The Rocks.

So hopefully see you then...

S
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 21st 2011

Yaaaay! Heres to the spring festival...in autumn
see you there....
Old Apr 20th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hey Folks,

Should have a big night out this week, as most of us have Friday off. The alphabetical Pint tour leads us to the letter M, but there are no M and N pubs, so we are going to move swiftly on to O.

So the letter O will be brought to us by The Observer Hotel, at 69 George Street, in The Rocks:

The Observer

Serving pints and a cracking pie, this could be the perfect place to springboard from for a cheeky Easter pub crawl of The Rocks.

So hopefully see you then...

S
No M pubs!! What about the MMMMercantile??? Large pints and irish shenanigans to boot!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Mmmmm! Irish shenagans is right! We can always move on!
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:31 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Mmmmm! Irish shenagans is right! We can always move on!
Only schooners in the Mercantile, unless that has changed since I was last there...

S
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Only schooners in the Mercantile, unless that has changed since I was last there...

S
That was the first pub I ventured into in Australia. And I ordered a pint.......

To then have it explained to me they don't do them and what Schooners and Midis were.

5 years ago mind.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Am I bovvered?
Old Apr 21st 2011, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

S
A schooner of guiness that cant be legal!!
Old Apr 21st 2011, 12:12 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by markbhx
A schooner of guiness that cant be legal!!

That was the argument we had with the barman there, that started the whole pints tour thing off in the first place.

I happened to remark that I didn't think it was right that they were serving Guinness in schooners, and the [Irish] barman started having a go at me about how I was in Australia now, and I had to get used to it etc etc etc. Then he started abusing me in some Irish native tongue.

Luckily I was accompanied by half a dozen Irish folk who all agreed that Guinness in a schooner is just plain wrong, and proceeded to tell him so

And I don't even drink Guinness!

S
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

That was the argument we had with the barman there, that started the whole pints tour thing off in the first place.

I happened to remark that I didn't think it was right that they were serving Guinness in schooners, and the [Irish] barman started having a go at me about how I was in Australia now, and I had to get used to it etc etc etc. Then he started abusing me in some Irish native tongue.

Luckily I was accompanied by half a dozen Irish folk who all agreed that Guinness in a schooner is just plain wrong, and proceeded to tell him so

And I don't even drink Guinness!

S
The barman most likely had a go at a shop assistant that same day about beef sausages being the norm over here but got the response 'You're in Australia now mate'. He had to take out his frustration of an beef sausage Irish breakfast on you. He probably felt bad when he went home.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:23 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
The barman most likely had a go at a shop assistant that same day about beef sausages being the norm over here but got the response 'You're in Australia now mate'. He had to take out his frustration of an beef sausage Irish breakfast on you. He probably felt bad when he went home.

God let's hope so. Weren't you there that night? In my minds eye you were, but then so was Jane, Aidan and I think Brian and Tina, which was where the argument had its roots...

S
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

God let's hope so. Weren't you there that night? In my minds eye you were, but then so was Jane, Aidan and I think Brian and Tina, which was where the argument had its roots...

S
I was behind the bar pulling schooners of guinness for everyone whilst you distracted him.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:28 am
has lost The Game

I was behind the bar pulling schooners of guinness for everyone whilst you distracted him.

If I remember, Jane and the barman started exchanging insults in Gaelic...

S
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

If I remember, Jane and the barman started exchanging insults in Gaelic...

S
Yes it was something like

Jane: Ta tu fear ufasach

Barman: Na be ag cainte

Jane: Is maith liom caice milis

Barman: An bhfuil cead agaim dul amach go di on leithris

The spelling there is atrocious so wont help you google translate it.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 3:32 am
has lost The Game

Yes it was something like

Jane: Ta tu fear ufasach

Barman: Na be ag cainte

Jane: Is maith liom caice milis

Barman: An bhfuil cead agaim dul amach go di on leithris

The spelling there is atrocious so wont help you google translate it.

Ah yes, it all becomes clear now. The moral of this story is that Swerv-o should learn to keep his big mouth shut...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.