Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 14th 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 14th 2011

Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:51 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 14th 2011

Hi Folks,

Doesn't look like there's a 'K' pub, but there is an 'L' and a top quality 'L' it is at that - The Lord Nelson, in The Rocks:

The Lord Nelson

Known for it's boutique on site brewery, The Lord nelson is a traditional place full of history and such, while at the same time providing some great brews and food.

As usual, 6:30 start...

I may or may not be there this week, depending on how well I do with my essay tonight...

S
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - April 14th 2011

Bugger! I love that pub it's full of references to Pompey, and I can't make it working late then up early to fly to Neverlaide :-( please tell me there will be a big Easter piss up next week? I need it!!!
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:05 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Mmmm. Lord Nelson beer... fingers crossed can make it.
Old Apr 14th 2011, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Given you're going to what is possiblly my favourite pub in Sydney we'll hopefully come down for a pint or 2
Old Apr 14th 2011, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

Probably popin for a couple.
Old Apr 16th 2011, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Holtus is just really niceHoltus is just really niceHoltus is just really niceHoltus is just really niceHoltus is just really niceHoltus is just really niceHoltus is just really niceHoltus is just really nice

New to Sydney. Anyone around this thursday for pre easter drinks?
Old Apr 17th 2011, 4:51 am
Just Joined

IanMitch83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My names Ian I'm 27 just moved over from the UK, planning on staying in Brisbane but am in Sydney for the Easter break (Thurs to Mon). I'll be up for a drink if anything is going on.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 5:20 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Holtus
New to Sydney. Anyone around this thursday for pre easter drinks?
Originally Posted by IanMitch83
Hi,

My names Ian I'm 27 just moved over from the UK, planning on staying in Brisbane but am in Sydney for the Easter break (Thurs to Mon). I'll be up for a drink if anything is going on.

Hi Holtus, Ian,

Yes, there will definitely be drinks this coming Thursday, made sweeter by the fact that we don't have to go to work the following day.

I will post up a venue, and link it to this thread, either on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I am particularly looking forward to a night out, as I have been penned in the house all weekend doing an exam.

S
Old Apr 18th 2011, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Yaaaaaaay!!!!! me too I have a weekend of study ahead too so am hanging out for a a Thursday knees up!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:43 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Yaaaaaaay!!!!! me too I have a weekend of study ahead too so am hanging out for a a Thursday knees up!
Where are we going to go this week then? Looking back, it seems that we were planning to go back to E for M, as we switched Maloney's, but I can't find a pint service E pub anywhere.

Any requests?

S
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Where are we going to go this week then? Looking back, it seems that we were planning to go back to E for M, as we switched Maloney's, but I can't find a pint service E pub anywhere.

Any requests?

S
E for 11... being the amount of pubs we should visit on Thursday seeing as we have the next day off. Or we could stick with M and go to the Mercantile.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes! The rocks!! They rocks!!
Old Apr 18th 2011, 11:23 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
E for 11... being the amount of pubs we should visit on Thursday seeing as we have the next day off. Or we could stick with M and go to the Mercantile.

Hmmm, no pints in The Mercantile - it was actually that place that started off the last pint tour!

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Yes! The rocks!! They rocks!!

Here's the list:

PJ O'Briens
The Albion Place Hotel
Maloney's
The Observer
The Lord Nelson
The Wynyard
The Australian Heritage Hotel
The Three Wise Monkeys
Bavarian Beer cafe
Martin Place Bar
The George
The Arthouse Bar
The Grand Hotel
The Hero of Waterloo
James Squires Taphouse
The Cheers Bar
Harts Pub
Jacksons on George
The Customs House Bar
The Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe
The Office Bar
The Dundee Arms (4 Points Sheraton)
The Belvedere

Looks like there's no M, or N, so maybe we could just head to the Observer for both Pints AND Rocks locale?

S
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hmmm, no pints in The Mercantile - it was actually that place that started off the last pint tour!

Here's the list:

PJ O'Briens
The Albion Place Hotel
Maloney's
The Observer
The Lord Nelson
The Wynyard
The Australian Heritage Hotel
The Three Wise Monkeys
Bavarian Beer cafe
Martin Place Bar
The George
The Arthouse Bar
The Grand Hotel
The Hero of Waterloo
James Squires Taphouse
The Cheers Bar
Harts Pub
Jacksons on George
The Customs House Bar
The Redoak Boutique Beer Cafe
The Office Bar
The Dundee Arms (4 Points Sheraton)
The Belvedere

Looks like there's no M, or N, so maybe we could just head to the Observer for both Pints AND Rocks locale?

S
Strangely enough, you've listed 23 pubs there. M being the 23rd letter in the alphabet. Just saying.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

None of these pubs serve pints of wine.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.