Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 6th October 2011

Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 6th October 2011

Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 6th October 2011

Hi Folks,

I was hoping that the weather would have turned a bit now, and things would be warming up, but it's still a bit nippy! So with that in mind, tomorrow we should hedge our bets and go somewhere we can choose either indoors or out, so I nominate The Metropolitan Hotel, at 1 Bridge Street, on the corner of George Street:

The Metropolitan Hotel

While it may well be on top of a McDonalds, it also has a nice rooftop bar, and a good indoor bar in case it's still too cold. Good beers and menu too, plus it's nice and central for everyone to meet. It's almost a gift!

So who's in?

S
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Night Drinks - 6th October 2011

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks,

I was hoping that the weather would have turned a bit now, and things would be warming up, but it's still a bit nippy! So with that in mind, tomorrow we should hedge our bets and go somewhere we can choose either indoors or out, so I nominate The Metropolitan Hotel, at 1 Bridge Street, on the corner of George Street:

The Metropolitan Hotel

While it may well be on top of a McDonalds, it also has a nice rooftop bar, and a good indoor bar in case it's still too cold. Good beers and menu too, plus it's nice and central for everyone to meet. It's almost a gift!

So who's in?

S
Sent to Melb again! I shall be having stern words with management next week, must stay in sydney on thu!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:39 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbhx
Sent to Melb again! I shall be having stern words with management next week, must stay in sydney on thu!

You're sh!t! You need a better job - one that doesn't keep sending you to the arse end of the country!

S
Old Oct 5th 2011, 3:00 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Folks,

The Metropolitan Hotel

So who's in?

S
I may turn up later, meeting some other Pom mates first so will be there about 9ish!!
Old Oct 5th 2011, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

You're sh!t! You need a better job - one that doesn't keep sending you to the arse end of the country!

S
I know it's shocking, but when they say we'll do anything you want if you go then it becomes interesting :-D
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Can't make it this week but there will definitely be plans to watch the Ireland and Englang rugby matches this sat if people are interested. Not sure whether to watch them in the city in the Dundee Arms or in the Rocks in the Observer...... ANy preferences? Anyone up for it?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:10 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
Can't make it this week but there will definitely be plans to watch the Ireland and Englang rugby matches this sat if people are interested. Not sure whether to watch them in the city in the Dundee Arms or in the Rocks in the Observer...... ANy preferences? Anyone up for it?
Ooh! I was looking for some expats to watch the rugby with at the weekend. The south coast is full of them but they don't go out!!!
Sounds like a plan for me, I like the Dundee Arms but not been to the Observer so either is good for me.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 11:40 pm
has lost The Game

Hey Pet,

There are plans afoot to head to Balmain and watch the Rugby in The Royal Oak, then do a pub crawl around the rest of the peninsular, taking in the cider venues.

I know it's not The Rocks, but will no doubt be a good night...

S
Old Oct 6th 2011, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Happiya is an unknown quantity at this point

I should be there!
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Hey Pet,

There are plans afoot to head to Balmain and watch the Rugby in The Royal Oak, then do a pub crawl around the rest of the peninsular, taking in the cider venues.

I know it's not The Rocks, but will no doubt be a good night...

S
Can you get together with Kevin tonight and battle it out and let me know who is the victor - Balmain, Rocks or City.

For anyone who is interested in coming along on the weekend, I will post the results tomorrow with the final plans.....
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:01 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Can you get together with Kevin tonight and battle it out and let me know who is the victor - Balmain, Rocks or City.

For anyone who is interested in coming along on the weekend, I will post the results tomorrow with the final plans.....
I'll vote for City or Rocks!!!
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:11 am
Just Joined

ozstu is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 for Balmain. Always good to be able to stumble home!
Old Oct 6th 2011, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Was hoping to make tonight, but both of us are knackered so staying in tonight. Will make the effort for next week
Old Oct 7th 2011, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

RUGBY - SAT 8TH

The plan for Sat is to watch the Rugby in Balmain. Some of us will be in the Royal Oak from 3.30pm to watch the Ireland match followed by a lot more people joining us in time for the England match at 6.30pm..... Feel free to come along any time.

http://www.royaloakbalmain.com.au/

Vicky
Old Oct 7th 2011, 4:55 am
Social Grenade Thrower

RUGBY - SAT 8TH

The plan for Sat is to watch the Rugby in Balmain. Some of us will be in the Royal Oak from 3.30pm to watch the Ireland match followed by a lot more people joining us in time for the England match at 6.30pm..... Feel free to come along any time.

http://www.royaloakbalmain.com.au/

Vicky
Would love to go, especially to watch the battle of the celts!! Damn trackwork on south coast line doesn't help though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.