Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:23 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay - the public holiday has messed with my weekly clock, and I still thought it was Tuesday!

So this week's magical letter falls on J. Only one choice really - Jacksons on George:

Jacksons on George

This is a pretty down to earth bar serving a wide range of beers and a good menu. Certainly not a snob hole by any stretch of the imagination.

It is at the very bottom of George Street, just up from Circular Quay station.

I shall be there from 6:30, and will attempt to occupy the raised platform part on the far wall opposite the bar.

Hope to see you all there...

S
Old Oct 8th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hey there. I'm new to the whole meetup scene but thought I'd give it a go. Just arrived in Sydney last friday and loving it so far.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 9th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

you all still alive...phew! was starting to get worried there!

Not sure if I will make it as I have inherited a schools project...thats correct folks they have let me loose on schools...but dont worry over your children, as the schools are in Queensland!

Have a pretty tight deadline I am working to, so I will see how things go, you never know, stranger things have happened...
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:29 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hey there. I'm new to the whole meetup scene but thought I'd give it a go. Just arrived in Sydney last friday and loving it so far.

Hi Mate,

Feel free to come along - we are a merry bunch, and pretty welcoming.

I am hoping that we will be sitting on the raised part of the bar, but if not, then send me a PM and I will send you a contact number.

S
Old Oct 8th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

I've discovered there's a happy hour (for 2 hours!) from 5pm, so we'll def. be there. And happy.

Also bringing along another newbie, Dinh. She's originally from Bristol but I'm sure you won't hold that against her...
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Assuming I can find my way out of the maze of packing boxes that is currently my lounge, we'll be there.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

hannah123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, will defo be there... im bringing along another new one too tonight,

see you all later

Hannah
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

See you all later then.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Missed it! I'll be there for the first time next week - something for you all to look forward to, then!
Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

brian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the rough

Hope you have a great evening. looking forward to the replys and the crazy things the night brings.. we are definetly out next Thursday for the first time.. will keep an eye on the venue for next week.. enjoy
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:07 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by brian and wendy
Hope you have a great evening. looking forward to the replys and the crazy things the night brings.. we are definetly out next Thursday for the first time.. will keep an eye on the venue for next week.. enjoy
Well, we had quite the night, even if it was fuelled by Jagerbombs again...

As for next week, the Alphabetical letter is K, so if anybody has any suggestions, then I am all ears...

S
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, we had quite the night, even if it was fuelled by Jagerbombs again...

As for next week, the Alphabetical letter is K, so if anybody has any suggestions, then I am all ears...

S
Yeah was a good night. Those jagerbombs seem to come out of nowhere. Was fun meeting all of you. See you all next week. Vikki mentioned a girly night out but I dont have a pair of tights that dont have a ladder in them so might give that a miss lol.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:52 am
has lost The Game

Yeah was a good night. Those jagerbombs seem to come out of nowhere. Was fun meeting all of you. See you all next week. Vikki mentioned a girly night out but I dont have a pair of tights that dont have a ladder in them so might give that a miss lol.

Maybe us guys should get together and have a blokes night out?

S
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Maybe us guys should get together and have a blokes night out?

S
Sounds like a good idea. fyi, I was joking about owning a pair of tights.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Sounds like a good idea. fyi, I was joking about owning a pair of tights.
too little too late - it is now in writing that you wear tights....

The girls night out is actually a girls night in in aid of the breast cancer charity - there is an entrance fee which is the equivalent of what you would spend on a night out... any ladies that are interested please send me a PM and I will fill you in on the details...location is yet to be determined ( depends on whether I am successful in getting a new flat and furniture...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.