U
40.00%
V
60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:20 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Mugabe, Mugabe, Mugabe!
Say his name 3 times and he appears. No, thats someone else.

Is this where the thread fades away?
No, not until someone mentions football preferably taking the piss out of Nuked'arseal but as they havent lost 1-5 at home for a week or 2 I guess thats unlikely.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:58 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Candy Groove
Ok so I've read this whole thread and you all sound completely normal (well, my version of it anyway) so I'd like to come along too....

Only been here 6 weeks so don't be too scary will you?

Well, you may have noticed that collectively we can't even decide on a pub, so if we were trying to get people into anything more sinister, it would no doubt be a huge failure!

No, definitely nothing scary about us - just like to meet up once a week, have some beers and a bite to eat and some good conversation.

Hope to meet up with you later!

S
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

philnlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, you may have noticed that collectively we can't even decide on a pub, so if we were trying to get people into anything more sinister, it would no doubt be a huge failure!

No, definitely nothing scary about us - just like to meet up once a week, have some beers and a bite to eat and some good conversation.

Hope to meet up with you later!

S
Hey - is it once a WEEK you meet up? I thought it was every month. Being a newbie too I am trying to get along this evening too but next week would be a bit more convenient as we'll be fully moved into our new place by then. We are both looking forward to meeting some new people but don't want to create a bad first impression due to being all stressed out from moving!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:33 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philnlee
Hey - is it once a WEEK you meet up? I thought it was every month. Being a newbie too I am trying to get along this evening too but next week would be a bit more convenient as we'll be fully moved into our new place by then. We are both looking forward to meeting some new people but don't want to create a bad first impression due to being all stressed out from moving!
Yes, once a week, on Thursday evenings at a randomly selected bar/pub in the CBD. It's not a raucous drinking club, just an opportunity for some like minded people to get together over some drinks and food and catch up.

S
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:36 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by philnlee
Yep, it is a weekly meet so pretty regular. Sure we can all sympathise with 'the move', a pretty hectic and stressful time. The novelty of pretending you live in a cardboard box city soon wears off unfortunately

Its a very friendly bunch, so i wouldn't worry to much about first impressions. Why not play it by ear and see how you feel? Sure we'll catch you some time.

Good luck with those boxes. Hope you've labelled the box containing the kettle...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:46 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Yep, it is a weekly meet so pretty regular. Sure we can all sympathise with 'the move', a pretty hectic and stressful time. The novelty of pretending you live in a cardboard box city soon wears off unfortunately

Its a very friendly bunch, so i wouldn't worry to much about first impressions. Why not play it by ear and see how you feel? Sure we'll catch you some time.

Good luck with those boxes. Hope you've labelled the box containing the kettle...

I remember the cardboard box city bit. I got through it by pretending I was Godzilla rampaging through a cardboard city of microscopic people. That extended the novelty a bit.

But as he says, we are a friendly bunch, and always welcome new folk into the fold, so hope to see you soon. If you need contact numbers for us, then send a Private Message to either myself or Vix77 and we can pass on our mobile numbers.

S
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Yes, once a week, on Thursday evenings at a randomly selected bar/pub in the CBD. It's not a raucous drinking club, just an opportunity for some like minded people to get together over some drinks and food and catch up.

S
if this week has proved one thing, it's that it is definately a randomly selected pub we go to...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Vault it is then.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

I remember the cardboard box city bit. I got through it by pretending I was Godzilla rampaging through a cardboard city of microscopic people. That extended the novelty a bit.

But as he says, we are a friendly bunch, and always welcome new folk into the fold, so hope to see you soon. If you need contact numbers for us, then send a Private Message to either myself or Vix77 and we can pass on our mobile numbers.

S
Hello peoples ... I am your new King! Sorry, my brain is iced up. Greetings from Blighty, just thought I'd pop along and say tally ho and all that. I can see it's time I got back and brought some order to this shambles! Tsk tsk. Anyway, I voted for the Vault because I can't believe you'd have the audacity to go to North Sydney when the Phipsons and Moi are out of the country and we're virtually locals there!!!

Am still in the frozen North while you lot are basking in blazing heat. However, will be on my way South on Monday (via 3 days in Dubai) so if there is anyone out there who needs emergency supplies from the UK (small LEGAL items only please) send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Are you OK for socks Swervo?!!

Anyway, must away to bed as it's now gone midnight and far too late for an old codger like me to be up. See you all on the 22 Jan. Toodle pip old beans xxx
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:40 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
Hello peoples ... I am your new King! Sorry, my brain is iced up. Greetings from Blighty, just thought I'd pop along and say tally ho and all that. I can see it's time I got back and brought some order to this shambles! Tsk tsk. Anyway, I voted for the Vault because I can't believe you'd have the audacity to go to North Sydney when the Phipsons and Moi are out of the country and we're virtually locals there!!!

Am still in the frozen North while you lot are basking in blazing heat. However, will be on my way South on Monday (via 3 days in Dubai) so if there is anyone out there who needs emergency supplies from the UK (small LEGAL items only please) send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Are you OK for socks Swervo?!!

Anyway, must away to bed as it's now gone midnight and far too late for an old codger like me to be up. See you all on the 22 Jan. Toodle pip old beans xxx

Ooooh! If you happen across some of those nice socks from Tesco, then I would be more than happy to reimburse you upon your return!

And in other news - did anybody happen to pick up the two CDs I managed to leave on the table as I left last night?

S
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:05 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Ooooh! If you happen across some of those nice socks from Tesco, then I would be more than happy to reimburse you upon your return!

And in other news - did anybody happen to pick up the two CDs I managed to leave on the table as I left last night?

S
Aye, Dave's got em!
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

...only for safe keeping naturally. if I'd've thought about it I could've left them with Craig so he could hand them over at your pie and pint today.

By the way, how did that not drinking go for you last night Craig? What's that? You've a hangover? Oh.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Is it W this week?
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:08 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Is it W this week?

Aye. Due to popular demand, it will be The Wynyard. I will post a proper thread later today/tomorrow!

When is your interview?

S
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Would you believe Thursday! so Ill be staying over for a Thursday drink, also bringing my friend Janine who is also visiting from Adelaide. I hope Ill have good news to celebrate!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.