U
40.00%
V
60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:42 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
We don't normally - It tends to scare people off. But this week there was no Pub in the city beginning with U, so I (foolishly) put it out to a vote...

S
I know that Swervie, but the Unicorn wasnt even on the ballot! It's communism I tells ya.........
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

The North people will want North, the East want East - so, I'd say, lets stuff everyone up equally and go to the Vault. Or, let either the poll or Swerve (as he puts the post up each week) cast the final vote -and I say this as a person who lives less than two minutes from the Unicorn!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 1:44 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by briwi
The North people will want North, the East want East - so, I'd say, lets stuff everyone up equally and go to the Vault. Or, let either the poll or Swerve (as he puts the post up each week) cast the final vote -and I say this as a person who lives less than two minutes from the Unicorn!
Have just checked in again... Quite a thread! I love democracy.
I agree completely with Briwi, impossible to keep everyone happy. Go with the Vault, its in the lead on the poll. Its also truly 'CBD'. Then on thursday night we can have a good debate/scrap about maybe revisiting the letter U for completeness ;-)
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

i go with the vault too (not my nearest either) as its cbd and was part of the original vote.

personally like the idea of the vote thing and we could use it when we get to 'Z'. Either that or roll a die
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:01 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Have just checked in again... Quite a thread! I love democracy.
I agree completely with Briwi, impossible to keep everyone happy. Go with the Vault, its in the lead on the poll. Its also truly 'CBD'. Then on thursday night we can have a good debate/scrap about maybe revisiting the letter U for completeness ;-)

Ok, we need to sort this out, so in keeping with the alphabetical theme, I am going to suggest the Upside bar, next to Central Station.

The Upside Bar

It's in a cellar at No. 509 Pitt Street, so still counts as CBD, and is nice and close to the station for our train bourne friends.

How does that sound? Could this be a panacea to all of our ills?

S

Edit: Or we could just go to The Vault...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:12 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with the Vault too.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I'd go with the Vault too.
AAAGGGHHHHH my head hurts

we are going to have people in every pub in the city at this rate - viewers on the BE site are going to forward this thread to their friends and have a good laugh just like we did with the other threads...
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:23 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Vault
Old Jan 7th 2009, 2:43 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Vault
Ok. Vault.

S
Old Jan 7th 2009, 3:48 am
has lost The Game

So before it gets any more complicated, I think that we should settle for The Vault, as it is at least central to the CBD and doesn't require too much effort from people to get there

So The Vault on Pitt Street from 6:30 tomorrow. Here's the website again, for those of you who may have lost track in the previous chaos:

The Vault

I also notice that The Vault is owned by a company called Universal Hospitality... Or am I just getting far to tenuous here? It's like Dave's tedious link.

Any new folk, please send a Private Message to myeslf or Vix77 and we can give you contact numbers etc.

S
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:22 am
has lost The Game

So before it gets any more complicated, I think that we should settle for The Vault, as it is at least central to the CBD and doesn't require too much effort from people to get there

So The Vault on Pitt Street from 6:30 tomorrow. Here's the website again, for those of you who may have lost track in the previous chaos:

The Vault

I also notice that The Vault is owned by a company called Universal Hospitality... Or am I just getting far to tenuous here? It's like Dave's tedious link.

Any new folk, please send a Private Message to myeslf or Vix77 and we can give you contact numbers etc.

S

We should also regard this as a shining example of the failure of democracy!

S
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

oh I don't know, we started out with a vote and we're going to the one with the most votes. Easy. as long as you ignore all the guff in the middle it makes perfect sense!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 4:34 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bonch
oh I don't know, we started out with a vote and we're going to the one with the most votes. Easy. as long as you ignore all the guff in the middle it makes perfect sense!

And nobody mentioned Robert Mugabe...

S
Old Jan 7th 2009, 5:22 am
Ooh my gout...

And nobody mentioned Robert Mugabe...

S
Mugabe, Mugabe, Mugabe!
Say his name 3 times and he appears. No, thats someone else.

Is this where the thread fades away?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

Ok so I've read this whole thread and you all sound completely normal (well, my version of it anyway) so I'd like to come along too....

Only been here 6 weeks so don't be too scary will you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.