U
40.00%
V
60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:45 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

I say The Union, because I want to come next week, and Im staying in Pitt st!

However, I won't vote...that would be plain selfish....
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:08 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Ok I'll be selfish and vote for Vault, only beacuse the union looks like a b@astard to get from/to from bondi
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

philnlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MTPockets
Ok I'll be selfish and vote for Vault, only beacuse the union looks like a b@astard to get from/to from bondi
Hello - we would really love to come and meet some new peeps tomorrow night as we have only been in Sydney a few weeks and are getting lonely... I would vote for the North Sydney pub but with a valid reason as the next 2 days we are moving into a new place in Neutral Bay so are going to be delivery central... new fridge, freezer, bed, washing machine and most importantly all our shipping from the UK (yippee).
North Sydney would be slightly more convenient once we have finished with our move... we will try to get to either location.... we'll be easy to recognise as we'll be the ones looking completely knackered probably smelling slightly fusty as we haven't had chance to wash our stuff from the UK, and struggling to hold our drink due wobbly arms from lifting and cleaning!
Either way, we'll try and haul ourselves down for a couple of ales and meet you guys!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:20 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philnlee
Hello - we would really love to come and meet some new peeps tomorrow night as we have only been in Sydney a few weeks and are getting lonely... I would vote for the North Sydney pub but with a valid reason as the next 2 days we are moving into a new place in Neutral Bay so are going to be delivery central... new fridge, freezer, bed, washing machine and most importantly all our shipping from the UK (yippee).
North Sydney would be slightly more convenient once we have finished with our move... we will try to get to either location.... we'll be easy to recognise as we'll be the ones looking completely knackered probably smelling slightly fusty as we haven't had chance to wash our stuff from the UK, and struggling to hold our drink due wobbly arms from lifting and cleaning!
Either way, we'll try and haul ourselves down for a couple of ales and meet you guys!

Welcome along...

I think realistically North Sydney is only 2 stops further on the rail line from Wynyard, so it's not a huge difference really.

Ooooh.... Still only one in it!

S
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:21 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Hello! I was lazy and voted for Pitt St. (V), but then read the thread and realised that it may be more convenient for others to get to North Sydney...
So i'll change sides and go for North Sydney!

Bad News - I'm having a month off the booze, so will no doubt be grumpy.
Good News - I may as well drive, so city dwellers - i may be able to give you a lift if you PM me.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Hello! I was lazy and voted for Pitt St. (V), but then read the thread and realised that it may be more convenient for others to get to North Sydney...
So i'll change sides and go for North Sydney!

Bad News - I'm having a month off the booze, so will no doubt be grumpy.
Good News - I may as well drive, so city dwellers - i may be able to give you a lift if you PM me.
at least your pool will improve if your off the grog......then again....
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by briwi
I'm voting the Vault - only because, it seems the Union has poker competition on a Thursday and I'd rather leave the pub with all my worldly goods thanks. the Union does look nice though so will go with the masses....

though just to chuck another spanner (and to get Swerve ranting about Paddington Princesses, little dogs, etc).....if we're venturing further afield, The Fringe pub in Paddington, is in the Unicorn Hotel.
I noticed the unicorn hotel on the way to work this morning... it is all you can eat pizza for $10 on a thurs and 2 for 1 cocktails...

checked the location of the union hotel in north sydney and i think you would need to get a bus from north sydney train station to get to it... bit awkward?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:36 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonch
at least your pool will improve if your off the grog......then again....
Look, i only let you win to rebuild your fragile self confidence
Thats also why i've started 'losing' in the Fantasy Football.

Jeez, the things i do... Look at the thanks i get!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:38 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
I noticed the unicorn hotel on the way to work this morning... it is all you can eat pizza for $10 on a thurs and 2 for 1 cocktails...

checked the location of the union hotel in north sydney and i think you would need to get a bus from north sydney train station to get to it... bit awkward?

Yeah, it does look like a bit of a trek, though no more so from the city to Paddington.

This is starting to get far too complex now! Can't somebody out there make a decision?

S
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:40 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, its about 1.5km and its all up hill!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Yep, its about 1.5km and its all up hill!
I will make a decision...

Unicorn Hotel - aka the fringe bar - it keeps us on the U track and it is good for people who live in bondi, coogee, marubra (sp?) and paddington, darlinghurst, surrey hills and it is a short walk/bus ride up oxford street, just past taylor square....

it is a really nice bar and worth checking out?

who is in???
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:01 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

I will make a decision...

Unicorn Hotel - aka the fringe bar - it keeps us on the U track and it is good for people who live in bondi, coogee, marubra (sp?) and paddington, darlinghurst, surrey hills and it is a short walk/bus ride up oxford street, just past taylor square....

it is a really nice bar and worth checking out?

who is in???
I didnt think that we did the provinces, at least that used to be the answer when we tried to get people to Newtown.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

you couldn't pick anywhere in the city(ish) further from a station!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Hi All. I'm opting for North Sydney as Ive never been drinking there before and it's closer to home.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:33 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by ex_exile
I didnt think that we did the provinces, at least that used to be the answer when we tried to get people to Newtown.

We don't normally - It tends to scare people off. But this week there was no Pub in the city beginning with U, so I (foolishly) put it out to a vote...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.