U
40.00%
V
60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Old Jan 5th 2009, 5:43 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Hi Folks, and a Happy New Year to you all!

Well, now the seasons greetings are dispensed with, I can concentrate on the more important business of finding us somewhere for drinks on Thursday.

There seem to be no bars/pubs that begin with the letter U in the CBD, so what to do? Should we just skip U, and move on to V, or venture further afield (to North Sydney in fact) where the Union Hotel could greet us?

I don't mind either way, though I suspect that North Sydney is a little off the beaten track for most of you.

But as this is a democracy, I'll throw it open to the floor:

The Union Hotel, North Sydney

The Union Hotel

or The Vault, on Pitt Street:

The Vault

S
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks, and a Happy New Year to you all!

Well, now the seasons greetings are dispensed with, I can concentrate on the more important business of finding us somewhere for drinks on Thursday.

There seem to be no bars/pubs that begin with the letter U in the CBD, so what to do? Should we just skip U, and move on to V, or venture further afield (to North Sydney in fact) where the Union Hotel could greet us?

I don't mind either way, though I suspect that North Sydney is a little off the beaten track for most of you.

But as this is a democracy, I'll throw it open to the floor:

The Union Hotel, North Sydney

The Union Hotel

or The Vault, on Pitt Street:

The Vault

S
Either works for us... we have no jobs so can get to either on time... in theory!

Happy new year everyone!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 8th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

I think North Sydney would be interesting.

But just to throw a spanner in the works I am positive that there is a bar in the rocks called uberbar. Also Newtown's always good and i'm pretty sure there is a union there as well.

edit:-
i just looked up uberbar and its part of the argyll and i think its function only. knew i'd seen it before though at my old flatmates birthday party.

so my vote given the choice would definitley be the union in newtown.

Last edited by martin1978; Jan 5th 2009 at 1:57 pm.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by martin1978
I think North Sydney would be interesting.

But just to throw a spanner in the works I am positive that there is a bar in the rocks called uberbar. Also Newtown's always good and i'm pretty sure there is a union there as well.

edit:-
i just looked up uberbar and its part of the argyll and i think its function only. knew i'd seen it before though at my old flatmates birthday party.

so my vote given the choice would definitley be the union in newtown.
Happy New Year everyone....

I believe the Union in Newtown has been shut for quite some time which could put a spanner in the works if you actually want to get a drink in there - the Uber bar is only open on a Friday and Sat night... I believe there is a conspiracy against the letter U.....

I work in North Sydney so I am happy to go there but I am just as happy to venture across the bridge to the Vault so I am going to remain on the bench and see what the masses decide....
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

well i voted north sydney because its different and makes a change. plus i haven't there been since i moved.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by martin1978
well i voted north sydney because its different and makes a change. plus i haven't there been since i moved.
ooh - the poll is close, only one vote between the venues....
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:10 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
ooh - the poll is close, only one vote between the venues....

Yes, with a massive 6 respondents!

S
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Swerv-o;7130631]Yes, with a massive 6 respondents!

The anticipation is too much for a Tuesday morning...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

hey I like this poll thing, can you vote twice or can it be rigged like florida was; anyone know a Kennedy??

Just had a vote and still one in it - Come on North Sydney!!
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, with a massive 6 respondents!

S
by the way, how can there only be one in it after 6 votes ?@?@@!!??
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonch
by the way, how can there only be one in it after 6 votes ?@?@@!!??
obviously someone voted inbetween my post and nathans post.... dur
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

What about the Uberbar (Lowenbrau) The Rocks, has anyone been there lately.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 2:23 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by dmpp
What about the Uberbar (Lowenbrau) The Rocks, has anyone been there lately.

Only open on Fridays apparently...

S
Old Jan 6th 2009, 3:39 am
Just Joined

sglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant futuresglnichols has a brilliant future

I'm happy wit North Syd......it's closer to Lane Cove
I was at the last meet with my wife.....I hope to be there this thurs.....I'm afraid I can't remember most people's names as the rock music was quite loud and my lip reading skills are not that progessive........!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

I'm voting the Vault - only because, it seems the Union has poker competition on a Thursday and I'd rather leave the pub with all my worldly goods thanks. the Union does look nice though so will go with the masses....

though just to chuck another spanner (and to get Swerve ranting about Paddington Princesses, little dogs, etc).....if we're venturing further afield, The Fringe pub in Paddington, is in the Unicorn Hotel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.