Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 7th August 2008 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 7th August 2008 - All welcome

Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:18 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 7th August 2008 - All welcome

So after last week's incredibly successful meet and barbecue at Hart's Pub, I'm pretty stumped for this week. I think that was the last pub that I hadn't been to in the CBD.

But I have had some suggestions, so let's see how we go:

The Point Hotel in Pyrmont
The Glenmore Hotel in The Rocks
The pub in The Rocks where you barbecue your own meat but we're not sure of the name.

So what is anybody up for?

S
Old Aug 4th 2008, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

dj_Gifford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 7th August 2008 - All welcome

As I have yet to go to a Meet-Up I feel that i should pop along and say hello to people!

Should be able to make it on time although I have an arranged meeting at the Opera House with some orchestra members (fingers crossed) but would love to pop along and meet some fellow members!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
So after last week's incredibly successful meet and barbecue at Hart's Pub, I'm pretty stumped for this week. I think that was the last pub that I hadn't been to in the CBD.

The pub in The Rocks where you barbecue your own meat but we're not sure of the name.

S
I think you're thinking of the Phillip's Foote Restaurant - it has a small bar at the front and the BBQ area is at the back.

There's also the Australian Heritage Hotel which I've heard is good - has a wide selection of beers and the food is OK. Here's a link so you can have a look - I've been before but not for 6 years (same as last week's venue!!)

http://www.australianheritagehotel.com/
Old Aug 5th 2008, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bats1
I think you're thinking of the Phillip's Foote Restaurant - it has a small bar at the front and the BBQ area is at the back.

There's also the Australian Heritage Hotel which I've heard is good - has a wide selection of beers and the food is OK. Here's a link so you can have a look - I've been before but not for 6 years (same as last week's venue!!)

http://www.australianheritagehotel.com/
Err, forgot to mention ... they do a range of meals involving Kangaroo!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 4:47 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dj_Gifford
As I have yet to go to a Meet-Up I feel that i should pop along and say hello to people!

Should be able to make it on time although I have an arranged meeting at the Opera House with some orchestra members (fingers crossed) but would love to pop along and meet some fellow members!
welcome along... we will probably be out most of the night so feel free to join us whenever. If you want a contact number to get in touch with us on the night then either PM myself or Swerv-o.

It was the restaurant I was thinking of when i suggested the BBQ thing so that puts that out of the running... The Glenmore tends to only have outside seating which may not be ideal if it is cold? The Australian is good, a few of us went there not so long ago and it does gluten free pizzas... yay!

I probably haven't helped with the decision making here... looks like the choices are;
The Australian (Rocks)
The Glenmore (Rocks)
or The Point http://www.thepointhotel.com.au/ (bit more of a walk?)
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

kaza is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by vix77
welcome along... we will probably be out most of the night so feel free to join us whenever. If you want a contact number to get in touch with us on the night then either PM myself or Swerv-o.

It was the restaurant I was thinking of when i suggested the BBQ thing so that puts that out of the running... The Glenmore tends to only have outside seating which may not be ideal if it is cold? The Australian is good, a few of us went there not so long ago and it does gluten free pizzas... yay!

I probably haven't helped with the decision making here... looks like the choices are;
The Australian (Rocks)
The Glenmore (Rocks)
Good to meet you last week, just to let you know I've not been scared off coming back after meeting you all but I have plan's this Thursday, hopefully see you next week.

Vix what's the name of the website to register for getting band updates as ticketmaster is rubbish!!
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:14 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77

The Australian (Rocks)
The Glenmore (Rocks)

Yes, the Glenmore is definitely more of a summer pub - they have a great rooftop terrace with views of the bridge/opera house, but I'm not so sure I would want to be drinking there on a windy evening in August.

I have pretty much exhausted all of the options for places that I haven't been, but as we have quite a few new folk who haven't been to our old haunts, I think it's time to start over again.

So I suggest that this week, starting at the beginning of the alphabet, we head to The Australian for a good range of beers and a kangaroo pie.

Then next week the B... That should keep us out of trouble until we reach X anyway...

So The Australian, as suggested by Bat21 this week. Next to The Shangri-La (again) from 6:30...

S
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Sounds good - , though do not let me be swayed by pie this time, will someone please make me order a pizza so I do not need to covet other people's food. and I like the idea of the alphabet to organise our suggestions!
B is for Bungalow 8
C is for Cruise or Cafe Sydney
D is for dunno actually nothing is coming up!
E is for the Establishment
Yeh, yeh I know I'm dreaming.

Oh and if our new Irish friend is coming, can she let me know (sorry: don't know your screen name and real names aren't used here to protect the guilty), have cleared the magazine pile and have UK Grazia's but won't carry them if no-one to deliver them to. And yes, Heat is coming too, well the ones gelectrox hasn't nicked anyway.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kaza
Good to meet you last week, just to let you know I've not been scared off coming back after meeting you all but I have plan's this Thursday, hopefully see you next week.

Vix what's the name of the website to register for getting band updates as ticketmaster is rubbish!!
That's what they all say..

The website is www.liveguide.com.au - it is my bible.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by briwi
Sounds good - , though do not let me be swayed by pie this time, will someone please make me order a pizza so I do not need to covet other people's food. and I like the idea of the alphabet to organise our suggestions!
B is for Bungalow 8
C is for Cruise or Cafe Sydney
D is for dunno actually nothing is coming up!
E is for the Establishment
Yeh, yeh I know I'm dreaming.

Oh and if our new Irish friend is coming, can she let me know (sorry: don't know your screen name and real names aren't used here to protect the guilty), have cleared the magazine pile and have UK Grazia's but won't carry them if no-one to deliver them to. And yes, Heat is coming too, well the ones gelectrox hasn't nicked anyway.
Oh, I don't know ... I think you could probably twist my arm to come along!!!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 12:35 am
Just Joined

greenie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by briwi
Tis me!! – temporarily distracted and delirious at the thought of all those mags – whoo hooo – I’ll definitely be there.. thanx a mil!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
Hi All

Do you have room for another ??

I touched down in Sydney yesterday and like the idea of joining in on your Thursday meets.

Cheers

Essex Neil
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:17 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
Hi All

Do you have room for another ??

I touched down in Sydney yesterday and like the idea of joining in on your Thursday meets.

Cheers

Essex Neil

Hi Essex Neil,

Yes feel free to come along. We are meeting in The Australian Hotel in The Rocks tonight - It's right next to the Shangri-La Hotel, 100, Cumberland Street from 6:30 onwards, though I will be there from 7 I suspect.

I will PM you with my telephone number so that when you arrive, you can contact us and find out where we are. In an ideal world, we will try and get the long table in the lower bar area.

S
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

The more the merrier... I will be there from 6pm tonight so i will try to grab the table and guard it until i get some helpers.
Old Aug 7th 2008, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

i was hoping to do a surprise appearance with a round of jagerbombs in tow, but they have once again organised an evening meeting this eve.... BUM!!

have fun without me...if that is possible

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.