Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 5th February - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 5th February - All welcome

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:39 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 5th February - All welcome

Hi All,

The next port of call on our Geographical tour of Sydney pubs is going to be an old favourite - The Australian Hotel at the top of The Rocks.

The Australian Hotel

This has long been a favourite for Thursday Evening Drinks, and featured as the first stop on the Alphabet tour. They sport a range of good local and imported beers, and a great menu that differs from the usual Sydney pub fodder. Check out the pizzas and kangaroo pie.

So, let's all meet there from 6:30 on Thursday and see how it goes. We will try to reserve an area, only last time they managed to completely foul it up, so I'm not holding my breath!

S
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:43 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 5th February - All welcome

I would like to attend for a short while, I have to drive to Como on Thursday but have to return to Newcastle the same evening. How many show up usually ?
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:47 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
I would like to attend for a short while, I have to drive to Como on Thursday but have to return to Newcastle the same evening. How many show up usually ?

Lately it's taken on a life of it's own - a couple of weeks back we had 31, and last week we had 22, so we usually budget for about 20.

Hope to see you on Thursday...

S
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

We will see you there. The menu looks good
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi All,

The next port of call on our Geographical tour of Sydney pubs is going to be an old favourite - The Australian Hotel at the top of The Rocks.

The Australian Hotel

This has long been a favourite for Thursday Evening Drinks, and featured as the first stop on the Alphabet tour. They sport a range of good local and imported beers, and a great menu that differs from the usual Sydney pub fodder. Check out the pizzas and kangaroo pie.

So, let's all meet there from 6:30 on Thursday and see how it goes. We will try to reserve an area, only last time they managed to completely foul it up, so I'm not holding my breath!

S
Not sure what I'm doing yet but I seem to keep missing out on The Australian so will do my best - got a bit of a heavy week one way and another.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

I will be there briefly on Thurs as I am having to save money for the weekend... speaking of which, for those of you who have not made yourselves known on facebook yet we are having a mini pub crawl around Paddington (for a very special occasion) this Saturday 7th - all are welcome to join in, here is the schedule...

4pm - Grand National, 161 Underwood St, Paddington
5.00pm - Windsor Castle, 72 Windsor St, Paddington
6.00pm - London Tavern, 85 Underwood St, Paddington
8.00pm - The Royal, 237 Glenmore Rd, Paddington
9.00pm - Durty Nelly’s, 9 Glenmore Rd, Paddington
11pm - Fringe Bar, 106 Oxford St, Paddington or possibly onto Spectrum on Oxford Street....

I cannot guarentee that we will be strict on the timings so if you are planning on coming along mid way through the crawl and don't already have my mobile number then drop me a PM and I will give you the details...
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

whats the occasion Vix? is it your special day??! I wish I could be there, still no official start date for the job.... but Ill get there
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
whats the occasion Vix? is it your special day??! I wish I could be there, still no official start date for the job.... but Ill get there
It's my birthday.... yay... got my first present in the post today too, trying to resist opening it before I should.

Congrats on the job - not be long until you are living the high life with us in Sydney...
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Happy Birthday! I had a whole week of birthday festivities myself last week! (well why not?)

Hope you have a great time!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Happy Birthday! I had a whole week of birthday festivities myself last week! (well why not?)

Hope you have a great time!
It is much better celebrating over a couple of days than just one - if the queen can do it then why cant we....
Old Feb 4th 2009, 4:23 am
Just Joined

Kimsy is an unknown quantity at this point

We're coming along this week. Nothing like a cold beer on these hot days.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

we'll be there! see you tomorrow!

Kunjal

Ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIX!!!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

its all very quiet on here this week, has everyone got sunstroke or summit??
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

its all very quiet on here this week, has everyone got sunstroke or summit??
I only wish I could be there! bloomin hot over ere! Im just hoping that soon I will have a date to aim for .....
Old Feb 5th 2009, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not been for a few weeks, and tonight is no exception!

But I will be out on saturday for Vix do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.