British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 4th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-cbd-thursday-evening-drinks-4th-september-2008-newcomers-welcome-558699/)

Swerv-o Sep 1st 2008 3:54 am

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 4th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

After the success of The Docks Bar and it's random karaoke last week, this week's Thursday Night drinks is brought to you by the letter E and the number 294.

As we promised we wouldn't go to Establishment without Briwi, this week's venue will be The Edinburgh Castle Hotel, 294 Pitt Street, on the corner of Pitt and Bathurst Streets.

The Edinburgh Castle Hotel

I have reserved an area in the upstairs lounge area under then cunning code name of Nathan.

Hope to see you all then!

S

DeVille Sep 1st 2008 6:55 am

Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 4th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hey Swerv-o,

I'm going to come and join you on Thurs if that's ok? I've just moved to Sydney for a new job (arrived Saturday). How do I spot you all?!!

Cheers

Lu

Swerv-o Sep 1st 2008 7:14 am

Originally Posted by DeVille (Post 6736425)
Hey Swerv-o,

I'm going to come and join you on Thurs if that's ok? I've just moved to Sydney for a new job (arrived Saturday). How do I spot you all?!!

Cheers

Lu

Yes, please feel free to come along. We aren't a cult, and we don't argue on line either.

I have booked an area in the upstairs bar under the name of Nathan, so just ask the friendly bar staff where our part is, get a beer and come on over and introduce yourself. We don't bite, and will be there from 6:30...

S

DeVille Sep 1st 2008 7:16 am

:D Cool - I'll see you then!

mark28 Sep 1st 2008 12:18 pm

Hi,

I can't make this week because I have a work commitment but am keen to meet up next week if that is ok.

Have recently moved over from the UK with my wife and young daughter and I am living in the Northern Beaches.

Beers is always a good option for a night out.

Cheers Mark

martin1978 Sep 1st 2008 1:45 pm

I think I got rather drunk last thursday. Not like me. Hopefully I can come out without chipping any more teeth this week.

vix77 Sep 1st 2008 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by mark28 (Post 6737218)
Hi,

I can't make this week because I have a work commitment but am keen to meet up next week if that is ok.

Have recently moved over from the UK with my wife and young daughter and I am living in the Northern Beaches.

Beers is always a good option for a night out.

Cheers Mark

You are more than welcome to join us next week, keep an eye on the thread early next week and we will post where the next location is...

As for the rest of you, me and Swerv-o leave you alone for 5 mins and all hell breaks loose - line dancing, american singer abuse and chipped teeth? Lucky for you lot we will be there all night this thursday to keep you under control.

brian and wendy Sep 2nd 2008 6:08 am

Hi it sounds like you definitely have a good time when you go out.. Do you have an age cap on the meet up. or is it open to anyone... Sorry hubby and i will not be turning up on motorised scooters.. but we are in our late 30 early 40's. :teeth_smile:

mark28 Sep 2nd 2008 10:40 am

Look forward to next week, will watch out to see where it is.

Cheers Mark

vix77 Sep 2nd 2008 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by brian and wendy (Post 6739467)
Hi it sounds like you definitely have a good time when you go out.. Do you have an age cap on the meet up. or is it open to anyone... Sorry hubby and i will not be turning up on motorised scooters.. but we are in our late 30 early 40's. :teeth_smile:

Our age range is from people in their 20's to 40's, so long as you like a drink and are not easily offended you will fit right in!

Bats1 Sep 3rd 2008 2:45 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 6736209)
After the success of The Docks Bar and it's random karaoke last week, this week's Thursday Night drinks is brought to you by the letter E and the number 294.

As we promised we wouldn't go to Establishment without Briwi, this week's venue will be The Edinburgh Castle Hotel, 294 Pitt Street, on the corner of Pitt and Bathurst Streets.

The Edinburgh Castle Hotel

I have reserved an area in the upstairs lounge area under then cunning code name of Nathan.

Hope to see you all then!

S

Don't go into total shock but I am actually going to show my face this week!

Phillips007 Sep 3rd 2008 2:55 am

Also hope to be there but not until a little later on, hopefully I won't miss the tooth-chipping, line dancing section of the evening :D

kaza Sep 3rd 2008 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Phillips007 (Post 6742637)
Also hope to be there but not until a little later on, hopefully I won't miss the tooth-chipping, line dancing section of the evening :D

Hi I'm coming along tomorrow so you don't think you scared me off the 1st time just been crazily busy with work

sharonm5 Sep 3rd 2008 3:51 am

gracious, imagine if i made an appearance last week - what would have happened then!! :rofl:

Swerv-o Sep 3rd 2008 4:55 am

Originally Posted by sharonm5 (Post 6742750)
gracious, imagine if i made an appearance last week - what would have happened then!! :rofl:

Yes, it would have gone rapidly down hill when we got to the Jagerbombs...

Wow - Looks like it's going to be a good evening this week. Have you managed to evade work to put in an appearance this week Sharon?

S