Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 31st July 2008 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 31st July 2008 - All welcome

Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:53 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 31st July 2008 - All welcome

Well, what a great turn out we had last week - I think a good time was had by all.

This week I am suggesting this place, not too far from last week's:

Harts Pub

It's quite near to the rocks, on the corner of Essex and Gloucester Streets, just up from George Street.

It's had some good reviews for its eclectic range of beers, offering a couple of real ales for those that enjoy them. Needless to say this means Bonch won't make it out.

So unless anybody has any better suggestions...

S
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:52 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 31st July 2008 - All welcome

Cant we just go to a pub for a change instead of another Boutique beer retailing establishment?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:47 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Cant we just go to a pub for a change instead of another Boutique beer retailing establishment?
Well, you obviously didn't click on the link and read the review!

That's exactly what this place is.

S
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:32 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, you obviously didn't click on the link and read the review!

That's exactly what this place is.

S
Clicked the link and it said shangri-La Hotel, didnt read any further
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:40 am
has lost The Game

Clicked the link and it said shangri-La Hotel, didnt read any further

Well, you have to do a bit more digging:

From SydneyPubGuide.net

... to Hart's, having fallen at the first hurdle on every previous attempt. How we could have tried four or five times and found the place closed every time is beyond me. But this time we made it, and found to our delight that Harts is a very neat little pub, with plenty of space and a feel almost as if it's been recently converted from someone's house into a bar. The beer selection is a little eclectic, I feel, but a solid pint of ale never goes amiss. There's plenty of seating upstairs and down and it's not too loud for a decent conversation. Unfortunately I'm possibly a little too impaired to give a really accurate review, since the visit was at the end of my farewell drinks before moving on to a new day job, but hey, I like this place!
great pub. good atmosphere, heard of renovations before world cup. great feel of local pub rather than inner-city snob hole
Great little pub. Intimate atmosphere and still lively enough to get up to some mischief

S
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:15 am
Just Joined

hannah123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey, sounds like a good night.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

I walk past this pub most days and I have always meant to check it out - it looks ok, has a real pub feel to it rather than a poncy bar. Bonch is also keen to go there...

I should be there from 6pm but will be leaving early to go and see The Dukes of Windsor and The Music at the Metro..... I couldn't have created a better line up for this gig if I was the promoter, I am far too excited about it.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Works for me, I'll either be slightly late due to work, or there early to watch the sunset from the posh bar on the 18th floor, will know more Thursday
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:36 am
Just Joined

hannah123 is an unknown quantity at this point

is anyone going to be heading there from the St Ives area???
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:44 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by hannah123

Hi Hannah,

Welcome aboard. As for the St Ives area, I'm not very good with the 'over the bridge' places, but I think that's up on the North Side somewhere?

I don't know of anybody that comes from there - most us either live or work in the city, which is why it's a convenient meeting place in the early evening. There are a couple of our number that live over the bridge so to speak - one in Kirribilli and another in Seaforth. I'm not sure where Bonch lives, though he hails for the North too.

Don't let that stop you though - feel free to come along on Thursday. We had a great evening last week with a really big turn out.

S
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

kaza is on a distinguished road

Hi Hannah,

Welcome aboard. As for the St Ives area, I'm not very good with the 'over the bridge' places, but I think that's up on the North Side somewhere?

I don't know of anybody that comes from there - most us either live or work in the city, which is why it's a convenient meeting place in the early evening. There are a couple of our number that live over the bridge so to speak - one in Kirribilli and another in Seaforth. I'm not sure where Bonch lives, though he hails for the North too.

Don't let that stop you though - feel free to come along on Thursday. We had a great evening last week with a really big turn out.

S
Hey, I was going to pop along on Thursday night would be great to meet new people. Sorry introduction my name's Kara i'm over here myself until my partner arrives Sept / Oct / Nov having major issues selling house back home so whenever that happens he'll be across!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:29 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by kaza
Hey, I was going to pop along on Thursday night would be great to meet new people. Sorry introduction my name's Kara i'm over here myself until my partner arrives Sept / Oct / Nov having major issues selling house back home so whenever that happens he'll be across!

Well, welcome to you to Kara. Feel free to come along on Thursday. Most of us are either single, or couples with no kids, so I imagine you will fit in pretty well.

Normally meet about 6:30 in a city bar/pub, have a few drinks, a bite to eat and then a few more drinks. A good mix of male and female, so the ladies don't have to sit around listening to guys drone on about cars and football all night.

Drop either myself or Vix77 a Private Mail and we will give you contact numbers so that you can find us.

Hope to see you on Thursday!

S
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Well, welcome to you to Kara. Feel free to come along on Thursday. Most of us are either single, or couples with no kids, so I imagine you will fit in pretty well.

Normally meet about 6:30 in a city bar/pub, have a few drinks, a bite to eat and then a few more drinks. A good mix of male and female, so the ladies don't have to sit around listening to guys drone on about cars and football all night.

Drop either myself or Vix77 a Private Mail and we will give you contact numbers so that you can find us.

Hope to see you on Thursday!

S
Excellent will see you on Thursday I work in the CBD so its handy for me.. Can't send a private post its states ' The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts' . 1 more post left.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kaza
Excellent will see you on Thursday I work in the CBD so its handy for me.. Can't send a private post its states ' The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts' . 1 more post left.
Final 3rd post so hopefully can now send a private post
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:03 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by hannah123

Same for you Hannah - if you feel like coming along on Thursday, then drop either myself or Vix77 a private message and we will pass on contact numbers.

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.