Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 30th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 30th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:56 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 30th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hi folks,

This week the alphabetical crawl of the CBD bars brings us (not surprisingly) to the letter M.

A couple of chouces then, but I am going to stick my neck out and suggest The Metropolitan Hotel on the corner of Bridge and George Streets. Yes, I know it's got a McDonalds beneath it, but it's not a bad bar, and if the weather is nice, has a great rooftop terrace for taking in the late spring sun. Beer and food isn't bad either (and I don't mean the McDonalds).

The Metropolitan

So who is in? And let's have some football and African dictator conversation as well as just a roll call of likely attendees!

S
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 30th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi folks,

This week the alphabetical crawl of the CBD bars brings us (not surprisingly) to the letter M.

A couple of chouces then, but I am going to stick my neck out and suggest The Metropolitan Hotel on the corner of Bridge and George Streets. Yes, I know it's got a McDonalds beneath it, but it's not a bad bar, and if the weather is nice, has a great rooftop terrace for taking in the late spring sun. Beer and food isn't bad either (and I don't mean the McDonalds).

The Metropolitan

So who is in? And let's have some football and African dictator conversation as well as just a roll call of likely attendees!

S
Stop trying to dictate our conversation you fascist!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:07 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 30th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Bats1
Stop trying to dictate our conversation you fascist!

Would you have said I was more like Idi Amin, or Robert Mugabe?

S
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:21 am
Just Joined

DeVille is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in. It's my birthday today so Thurs will be my 4th opportunity for Birthday beers. Never let an excuse go to waste, that's what I say!

Old Oct 28th 2008, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

S
i've heard Robbie M has a cracker of a shot on him, and Idi's not too shabby at keepy up either!!

PS yea, work access is back, let the banal banter commence....
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

S
Well, neither of them have really got the sideburns for it ... but I'll go with Mugabe
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:48 am

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

S
I. Amin and I am in.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

S
Having done some more research I'm afraid that if you want to become a fascist dictator the sideburns are going to have to go. Can't find a single one with any side facial hair ... just the odd silly moustache!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

Ahhhh, having returned from the Sceptared Isle and seen that The Times now use Robert Mugabe (much in the same way that Fern Britton is used to advertise Ryvita) in their advertising, he's now back as my favorite dictator.

That oppressive, corrupt, violent loon.

Well done Newcastle, the bit of the match I saw this morning, they were playing fine free flowing Champaign football.

Got to love that Barton
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gelectrox
Ahhhh, having returned from the Sceptared Isle and seen that The Times now use Robert Mugabe (much in the same way that Fern Britton is used to advertise Ryvita) in their advertising, he's now back as my favorite dictator.

That oppressive, corrupt, violent loon.

Well done Newcastle, the bit of the match I saw this morning, they were playing fine free flowing Champaign football.

Got to love that Barton
surely you can't call fern britton an oppresive, corrupt, violent loon ?@?

...are you sure newcastle weren't playing free flowin CHAMPIONSHIP football ?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

[QUOTE=Bonch;6920206]surely you can't call fern britton an oppresive, corrupt, violent loon ?@?

No just a big fibber who deceived a nation who had taken her to their hearts - why Fern, why - sorry, got carried away.

See you tomorrow where I will happily prove that I have no gastric band by woolfing down some of the Metropolitans finest mash...
Old Oct 29th 2008, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=briwi;6920599]
Originally Posted by Bonch

No just a big fibber who deceived a nation who had taken her to their hearts - why Fern, why - sorry, got carried away.

See you tomorrow where I will happily prove that I have no gastric band by woolfing down some of the Metropolitans finest mash...
Did I miss something with Fern Britton? ... You will have to enlighten me!!!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:50 am

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bonch

...are you sure newcastle weren't playing free flowin CHAMPIONSHIP football ?
You could call her an oppressive loon because she saps the soul and makes you lose faith in humanity... along with that sidekick of hers, Philip Schofield...but unlike the daytime tv favourite Frank Bough who wasn't a dictator but liked domination and gave everyone faith in the older generation
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

...now don't bring Philip into the great 'Fibbing Fern gastric band shocker', he was my teen crush and made watching CTV in your teens vaguely respectable. He's just switched one gopher for another.

PS My container has arrived so will see you tomorrow to celebrate. It has to go through AQIS, so looking forward to all the terrible stories about evil Australian customs officials...happy days
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Phipsons
...now don't bring Philip into the great 'Fibbing Fern gastric band shocker', he was my teen crush and made watching CTV in your teens vaguely respectable. He's just switched one gopher for another.

PS My container has arrived so will see you tomorrow to celebrate. It has to go through AQIS, so looking forward to all the terrible stories about evil Australian customs officials...happy days
hear hear, no dissing of the silver fox, ahhh the broom cupboard. many happy hours in front of the tv as a kid watching him present cities of gold/chorlton and the wheelies/grange hill.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.