Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29th January

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29th January

Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:33 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29th January

Well after the shenanigans of last week, let's see if we can bring the thread back to it's purpose - organising drinking

We have reached the end of our alphabetical odyssey around the city, so need a new pub choosing strategy. The best suggestion so far seem to be a geographical tour - i.e. pubs with geographical locations in their name. This should give us some scope to keep ging for some weeks.

So this week, we will kick off with The Edinburgh Castle and see how we go. This has been favourite for Thursday Drinks for a while now, and was the letter E for the alphabet tour:

The Edinburgh Castle

I am planning to book an area upstairs, but last time they forgot our booking so it may be ad hoc. In any case, normal contact rules apply - drop myself or Vix77 a Private Message, and we will supply you with phone numbers.

See you there...

S
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: You are subscribed to this thread Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29th January

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well after the shenanigans of last week, let's see if we can bring the thread back to it's purpose - organising drinking

We have reached the end of our alphabetical odyssey around the city, so need a new pub choosing strategy. The best suggestion so far seem to be a geographical tour - i.e. pubs with geographical locations in their name. This should give us some scope to keep ging for some weeks.

So this week, we will kick off with The Edinburgh Castle and see how we go. This has been favourite for Thursday Drinks for a while now, and was the letter E for the alphabet tour:

The Edinburgh Castle

I am planning to book an area upstairs, but last time they forgot our booking so it may be ad hoc. In any case, normal contact rules apply - drop myself or Vix77 a Private Message, and we will supply you with phone numbers.

See you there...

S
An $8 dollar steak and the pub's close proximity to my office makes it an attractive proposition to me! Must try and remember to actually eat this time!!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 1:45 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You are subscribed to this thread Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29th January

The Edinburgh Castle

See you there...

S
Hmmm. I've just noticed that the title has gone a bit astray. Sorry about that. Not entirely sure how it happened - I must have pasted the wrong bit in.

S
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Hmmm. I've just noticed that the title has gone a bit astray. Sorry about that. Not entirely sure how it happened - I must have pasted the wrong bit in.

S
catchy title....

It just so happens that this pub is nice and close to the metro theatre where I am going later in the evening - what random good fortune...
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Hooray - the pub with the best mushroom sauce in Sydney, and I was away last time and missed it. Does that mean I can have two this time?
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:10 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by briwi
Hooray - the pub with the best mushroom sauce in Sydney, and I was away last time and missed it. Does that mean I can have two this time?

Yes. Yes it does.

S
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

S
I'm not sure how you got that either! Fixed now
Old Jan 27th 2009, 2:22 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm not sure how you got that either! Fixed now

Thanks! I need to pay more attention in future!

S
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by vix77
catchy title....

It just so happens that this pub is nice and close to the metro theatre where I am going later in the evening - what random good fortune...
Well blow me down with a feather ... it just so happens I'm going to the Metro on Thursday too! What a coincidence. Do you want me to bring your socks or is it too much to handle at a Razorlight concert?!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bats1
Well blow me down with a feather ... it just so happens I'm going to the Metro on Thursday too! What a coincidence. Do you want me to bring your socks or is it too much to handle at a Razorlight concert?!!!!
Err, I think I'm going Batty!! Swerv-o - do you want your socks? Vix the socks aren't yours so you don't need to take them to the concert. Sorry, I am a tad confused today!!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bats1
Err, I think I'm going Batty!! Swerv-o - do you want your socks? Vix the socks aren't yours so you don't need to take them to the concert. Sorry, I am a tad confused today!!
oh - i was looking forward to getting a new pair of socks...
Old Jan 27th 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

helsbells79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29th January

count Chris and I in this week! Hopefully, we won't be too depressed after yet another day of job and house hunting....but then again, a few drinks is always the best cure for a bad day!

Helenx
Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Great Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Just wondering if you know where you're going to be the following Thursday - 5th Feb? It's just we're coming out this weekend to validate our visa and would love to meet up with you all for a few bevvies (and pick your brains on good areas to buy a house, shop, eat, drink .... if that's okay). I don't know if we'll get access to a PC while away, so if you know where you'll be on the 5th and don't mind us joining you, that would be great.

Hope to meet you all soon!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

Yo Great Escape, if you read through Bats comments earlier you'll appreciate that this is not the most organaised or coherent of threads.

Svervo normally comes up with the location on a Monday or Tuesday, and then posts it to us drones. So your best is to PM him your number and he may ,very nicely , text you the next location. Either that or seek out a tinternet cafe wheverever your visa is being validated.

And please don't worry to much, not all of us are Razorlight fans.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Great Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the rough

Great - I'll look for somewhere to access t'internet and hopefully track you all down, so to speak!!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.