Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29/05/08 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29/05/08 - All welcome

Old May 26th 2008, 7:09 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29/05/08 - All welcome

Hi fellow Sydney CBD Thursday drinkers,

Another week begins, and so too does another quest for a suitable Thursday night venue.

This week the Bar 333 right in the heart of the city has been suggested. No real ales this week, but a tasteful red pool table and a $10 steak menu to boot. I have been there before, and it's a pretty good night out, so who's in?

Here's a link for anybody who is thinking of joining us: http://www.bar333.com.au/

S
Old May 26th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29/05/08 - All welcome

You can count me in for Bar 333... not had a steak in a while, I dare say the food will be better than whatever it was they served us last Thursday. I still have the free food vouchers they gave us if anyone is brave enough to go back...
Old May 26th 2008, 8:26 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
You can count me in for Bar 333... not had a steak in a while, I dare say the food will be better than whatever it was they served us last Thursday. I still have the free food vouchers they gave us if anyone is brave enough to go back...

Nah, I'll pass thanks. I saw a half eaten kebab kicking around the street at lunch - I think I'll go back and pick that up instead...

S
Old May 26th 2008, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Nah, I'll pass thanks. I saw a half eaten kebab kicking around the street at lunch - I think I'll go back and pick that up instead...

S
Too late mate, I already saw that kebab and have scoffed it!
Old May 27th 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bats1
Too late mate, I already saw that kebab and have scoffed it!
wow, not good food then. More importantly, how was the ale????
Old May 27th 2008, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bonch
wow, not good food then. More importantly, how was the ale????
The ale was quite good. I tried a couple of them, a dark one and a paler one - can't remember the names, but both were nice. I had the Massaman curry ... which was the only decent meal of the night! Although Swervo's chicken wings were quite impressive as I recall!!!
Old May 27th 2008, 3:33 am
has lost The Game

The ale was quite good. I tried a couple of them, a dark one and a paler one - can't remember the names, but both were nice. I had the Massaman curry ... which was the only decent meal of the night! Although Swervo's chicken wings were quite impressive as I recall!!!

Yeah, they weren't too bad actually. Though they were cobbled together from 2 different starters to make a meal. The meals everybody else had looked pretty naff.

S
Old May 27th 2008, 9:02 am
Fortunate Member

cartmeover is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, they weren't too bad actually. Though they were cobbled together from 2 different starters to make a meal. The meals everybody else had looked pretty naff.

S
Hmmmm..... chance to try another tasty steak with me beer - count me in. Although most of the steak I was served last week ended up stuck to the bottom of my shoe (don't ask) - had a heck of a job scraping it off, it looked more like kebab meat.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:38 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by cartmeover
Hmmmm..... chance to try another tasty steak with me beer - count me in. Although most of the steak I was served last week ended up stuck to the bottom of my shoe (don't ask) - had a heck of a job scraping it off, it looked more like kebab meat.

It would still have looked better than the food served at the Macquarie...

S
Old May 27th 2008, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 29/05/08 - All welcome

Yep sounds good, see you there. What time?
Scot
Old May 27th 2008, 10:50 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by scotvness
Yep sounds good, see you there. What time?
Scot
Always from 6:30, though I will be a bit later this week as I will be at the Uni until 6:30.

S
Old May 27th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Always from 6:30, though I will be a bit later this week as I will be at the Uni until 6:30.

S
I will be there from 6.15 as usual... still on my own with just an MX for company... sigh
Old May 27th 2008, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vix77
I will be there from 6.15 as usual... still on my own with just an MX for company... sigh
Aw mate, don't worry I'll come and help you read the paper!
Old May 27th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Aw mate, don't worry I'll come and help you read the paper!
and I promise I can find it this week without having to text you Swerv-o!
Old May 27th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8) SAMSUNG-SGH-i601/WM534 UP.Link/6.5.1.3.0)

i will also see you there, i am really getting the hang of the buses now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.