Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 28st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 28st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:47 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 28st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Last weeks choice not so good then - Maybe we should have all gone and gotten our nails done...

Lets see if we can improve this week. In keeping with our alphabetical theme, the suggestion is The Docks Bar in Darling Harbour.

This is a clean and tidy place with an inexpensive menu and reasonably priced beer. Yes, I know it's another chrome and tile horror, but they do have a couple of pool tables, the clientele won't bite and the meals are only $10 before 7.

Who's in?

S
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Jeremy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 28st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

After missing last week through a work do, I am going to make my first appearance this Thgursday.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 28st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Jeremy123
After missing last week through a work do, I am going to make my first appearance this Thgursday.
Good to hear you didn't come to the pub take one look at us and leg it....

We have an area reserved in the main bar under the name Vicky from 6.30pm so just ask at the bar to find out where we are.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

Yeah I think his emotional state is reflected in the authors use of the........ sorry I thought this was the book club post.......
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Should be there at some point as it's my last appearance until we reach H! Hopefully all my lovely interviewees will be around tomorrow night so I won't have to work Thursday
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Hi All

I will endeavor to make it if I manage to move into my new home OK.

Cheer

Neil
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

We'll be there although Mr Bidd will be a late arrival.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Soton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really niceSoton2Sydney is just really nice

Does anyone know when the next meet is. as we arrive in Sydney on the 16th Sept and really like to meet some new people... Soton 2 Sydney xx
Old Aug 27th 2008, 9:46 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soton2Sydney
Does anyone know when the next meet is. as we arrive in Sydney on the 16th Sept and really like to meet some new people... Soton 2 Sydney xx

We meet every Thursday evening, from 6:30 at a different bar in the CBD. We normally debate where we are going to meet on here, then make a decision.

We normally meet, have a couple of drinks, then get a bite to eat, then carry on with a couple more drinks. It's not raucous drinking, just hanging out and enjoying the company of some likeminded folk.

You are most welcome to come along, At the moment we are selecting bars by in alphabetical order, so by the time you arrive we will be looking for a bar beginning with G!

Feel free to join in with the banter in the meantime.

S
Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:33 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Right, i want to be there for more than 20 mins this week! So will be working extra hard today.
Might have to rethink after reading the clientele won't bite. Not that i'm into that.
Have i gone to far?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:55 pm
Glasgow

Phillips007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I'm a newbie and would like to come along tonight if that's ok. My brother-in-law is also coming (mainly as my big sister is worried that you lot maybe a cult!)
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:02 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Phillips007
Hi all, I'm a newbie and would like to come along tonight if that's ok. My brother-in-law is also coming (mainly as my big sister is worried that you lot maybe a cult!)

No, we're not a cult <quickly hides robes and David Koresh biography> just a social bunch of folk who like to meet up for drinks, food and conversation.

Feel free to come along - We are meeting in The Docks Bar in Darling Harbour from 6:30 tonight. It's the one bar at the base of the stairs from the Pyrmont Bridge, on the opposite side to the city. We have an area booked for us under the name of Vicky.

Hope to see you and your brother-in-law later on!

S
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:12 am
Glasgow

Phillips007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep the robes, it will make it easier for me to spot you all! Look forward to meeting you. S
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:30 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Phillips007
Hiya. I'll second the fact we are not a cult. If anything we are more like an RSL with no fixed abode. I'm going to raffle a meat tray tonight.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

I love David Icke, Tom Crusie, and that mad Bloke in Brookside who tried to blow up Barry Grant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.