Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 26/06/08 - All welcome

Wikiposts

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 26/06/08 - All welcome

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:15 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 26/06/08 - All welcome

Well, what better way to celebrate the passing of my 3000th BE post than by starting a new CBD Thursday Evening Drinks thread?

So what do we fancy this week - after the poor service and lower floor swimming pool of the Albion Place last week, what does anybody suggest this week?

I recall that somebody mentioned Equilibrium or Evolution or some such? Though both are considered good films, I think Equilibrium gets my vote...

S
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 26/06/08 - All welcome

Happy 3000th post pet....

Equilibrium was indeed mentioned, the main EQ bar has no less than 64 beers on tap apparently and a good food menu - it gets my vote.

http://www.equilibriumhotel.com.au/eq/eq.htm
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

Ill have the portugese chicken burger and a comfy bed please (beds in bars - genius).
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

blue tongue and little creatures on tap? It'd just be rude not to come along for a social chinking of glasses...

by the way, did I sleep in a day late over the weekend or has a post gone up on a monday for the first time in living memory?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:22 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Yup, i'll be there. Will drink owt, but those glasses with fingerprints on still trouble me.
I have also appeared to turned into a Yorkshireman. Where did that 'owt' come from?!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Yup, i'll be there. Will drink owt, but those glasses with fingerprints on still trouble me.
I have also appeared to turned into a Yorkshireman. Where did that 'owt' come from?!
i wouldn't worry so much where the 'owt came from, more what are you going to do with the whippet outside your front door....?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 12:47 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonch
i wouldn't worry so much where the 'owt came from, more what are you going to do with the whippet outside your front door....?

It was following the homing pigeons back...

S
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:11 pm
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It was following the homing pigeons back...

S
Rather than post the obvious link to the Monty Python 'Four Yorkshireman' sketch.... Try this alternative from Eddie Izzard, Vic Reeves etc. Swervo - they actually sound like your Yorkshire accent impression.

Link
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Sounds good to me - though you know you're not going to like it in there Swerv don't you - there may be chrome!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by briwi
Sounds good to me - though you know you're not going to like it in there Swerv don't you - there may be chrome!!!
... or the food is rubbish, or they stop doing food 5 mins before he orders, or the barstaff are rude, or the music is shit, or his coat will get nicked, or its not the winchester, or the floor is a bit wet etc and so forth....
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:56 pm
has lost The Game

... or the food is rubbish, or they stop doing food 5 mins before he orders, or the barstaff are rude, or the music is shit, or his coat will get nicked, or its not the winchester, or the floor is a bit wet etc and so forth....

I seem to recall it was you that had the problem with the food last week - bowl of wedges anyone?

S
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:07 pm
Ooh my gout...

Yet we wonder why we are referred to as Whinging Poms?
Dammit, my tea has gone cold, and this scone is stale! I shall write to my local MP.... Or Points of View. How do they start?

'Why, why, why oh why.....'
'Yours sincerely, Frustrated, Of Yorkshire'
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:10 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Yet we wonder why we are referred to as Whinging Poms?
Dammit, my tea has gone cold, and this scone is stale! I shall write to my local MP.... Or Points of View. How do they start?

'Why, why, why oh why.....'
'Yours sincerely, Frustrated, Of Yorkshire'

But again with another Yorkshire reference....

And also write to the editor of The Times...

Dear Sir, I would like to protest in the strongest terms...

Disgtruntled (Major, Ret.), Tonbridge Wells

S
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I seem to recall it was you that had the problem with the food last week - bowl of wedges anyone?

S
fair point, well made. Still, got a free drink out of it so not all bad. And I have been known to complain about poor music and a lack of pool tables quite a lot.

Have we managed to find a decent place yet that everybody can agree about and noone has any complaints about food/music/pokies/service/entertainment etc...???
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:16 pm
has lost The Game

fair point, well made. Still, got a free drink out of it so not all bad. And I have been known to complain about poor music and a lack of pool tables quite a lot.

Have we managed to find a decent place yet that everybody can agree about and noone has any complaints about food/music/pokies/service/entertainment etc...???

My only real complaint is that so many of the bars are just turning into carbon copies of each other with shiny tiles, marble, chrome, brushed aluminium and poncy light from Ikea. Not to mention three dozen pokie machines...

IndigoFoot did mention The Angel last Friday, which I think is one of the better ones. Has a proper pub feel to it. Maybe we should try heading back to some of our old favourites for a couple of weeks...

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.