British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 25th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-cbd-thursday-evening-drinks-25th-september-2008-newcomers-welcome-563116/)

Swerv-o Sep 22nd 2008 5:42 pm

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 25th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Thanks to all that made it out last week to the Glenmore - I think we had a good time, in particular giggling at the photographic society on the table next door!

So we move on to H in our alphabetical tour of the City pubs of Sydney.

A couple of choices - Harts Pub, The Harbour View or the Hero of Waterloo. On the grounds that we have been to both Harts and the Hero pretty recently, I thought we could try the Harbour View.

The Harbourview

Not too far from the Glenmore - just up the road I think - and not too poncy - a decent bar with a couple of pool tables and a good menu, this should be just the job. It's usually quiet on a Thursday night, so we should get onto the pool tables, and maybe run ourselves a little championship.

So if we say meet at the Pool table in the snugg, from 6:30, we shall see what ensues...

Hope to see you all then.

S

vix77 Sep 22nd 2008 6:10 pm

Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 25th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

And for those of you who went on the Ghost Tour, don't forget your free drink voucher if you still have it... i am assuming you all put it somewhere safe for future use like i did (!)

Swerv-o Sep 22nd 2008 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by vix77 (Post 6810448)
And for those of you who went on the Ghost Tour, don't forget your free drink voucher if you still have it... i am assuming you all put it somewhere safe for future use like i did (!)

Just spoke to the good people at the Harbour View, and we can't reserve or book any areas on the ground floor, however she said that we should be fine on a Thursday evening.

If we plan to meet in the small snugg room, off of the main room, then we should all be able to find each other.

I'm sure a bunch of poms playing pool should be a give away!

S

Bats1 Sep 22nd 2008 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 6810518)
Just spoke to the good people at the Harbour View, and we can't reserve or book any areas on the ground floor, however she said that we should be fine on a Thursday evening.

If we plan to meet in the small snugg room, off of the main room, then we should all be able to find each other.

I'm sure a bunch of poms playing pool should be a give away!

S

Don't you believe it ... I can still remember how traumatised I was after my first attempt to find you!

Essex Neil Sep 22nd 2008 10:54 pm

Alas the Essex contingent can't make it this week due to work commitments :confused:

Have fun and see you all next week.

Bonch Sep 23rd 2008 11:37 am

pool you say?...beer you say?.....food you say?.....it'd be rude not too I say

Swerv-o Sep 23rd 2008 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Bonch (Post 6813671)
pool you say?...beer you say?.....food you say?.....it'd be rude not too I say

I'm sure there will be some talk of football too. I believe that Gelectrox will be making an appearance too...

S

Bats1 Sep 23rd 2008 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 6813861)
I'm sure there will be some talk of football too. I believe that Gelectrox will be making an appearance too...

S

Oh God, the dreaded round ball debate again ... by the way, I believe the Marmite may be collected tomorrow!!! :p

ex_exile Sep 23rd 2008 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 6813861)

S

Up to 3rd in the league now :)

briwi Sep 23rd 2008 4:37 pm

you can fil the marmite sized shape space in your handbag with a pack of yorkshire tea! well assuming my poor jetlagged body can make it down the road that is - at moment feel like haven't slept for days - oh, yes, right - that's because I haven't!!! Oh, and Sandi Toksvig really doesn't have a neck - she was London celeb sighting 2. I know how to live me.

Bats1 Sep 23rd 2008 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by briwi (Post 6814267)
you can fil the marmite sized shape space in your handbag with a pack of yorkshire tea! well assuming my poor jetlagged body can make it down the road that is - at moment feel like haven't slept for days - oh, yes, right - that's because I haven't!!! Oh, and Sandi Toksvig really doesn't have a neck - she was London celeb sighting 2. I know how to live me.

Ooooooo thank you SOOOOO much - am very giddy and excited now! Hey, last time I was in London I saw Sandy too - you're right about the neck!!! Bizarre!!!

gelectrox Sep 23rd 2008 8:40 pm

I will be there,prob not till 7 as OI have to work late:p:p

The_Moon Sep 23rd 2008 8:53 pm

I shall be there this week. I didn't really miss last week it was just that by the time I got there everyine else had left. (sniff)

I shall be on the pool table. Anyone up for a game?

Bidd Sep 23rd 2008 9:06 pm

We'll be there but late as usual...

kitt Sep 23rd 2008 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 6810401)
Thanks to all that made it out last week to the Glenmore - I think we had a good time, in particular giggling at the photographic society on the table next door!

So we move on to H in our alphabetical tour of the City pubs of Sydney.

A couple of choices - Harts Pub, The Harbour View or the Hero of Waterloo. On the grounds that we have been to both Harts and the Hero pretty recently, I thought we could try the Harbour View.

The Harbourview

Not too far from the Glenmore - just up the road I think - and not too poncy - a decent bar with a couple of pool tables and a good menu, this should be just the job. It's usually quiet on a Thursday night, so we should get onto the pool tables, and maybe run ourselves a little championship.

So if we say meet at the Pool table in the snugg, from 6:30, we shall see what ensues...

Hope to see you all then.

S

When you follow the link, this place says its Australia's best hotel. Imagine..the best in a whole country. Looking forward to it...