Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24th July 2008 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24th July 2008 - All welcome

Old Jul 22nd 2008, 1:37 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24th July 2008 - All welcome

Well, now that the pontif has gone, he and his merry band of followers can't disrupt our Thursday night drinks. So we should all meet up and have a beer in his honour.

This week's meet will be at The Brooklyn Hotel on George Street in the CBD. Meeting from 6:30, and to keep the ladies happy there is complimentary fizzy wine from 7-8pm.

Here is a web site if anybody is interested in looking at the menu:

Brooklyn Hotel

So I hope to see you there. Any new people that fancy coming along, please feel free - Drop either myself or Vix77 a Private Message and we will pass on the contact details.

S
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 24th July 2008 - All welcome

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, now that the pontif has gone, he and his merry band of followers can't disrupt our Thursday night drinks. So we should all meet up and have a beer in his honour.

This week's meet will be at The Brooklyn Hotel on George Street in the CBD. Meeting from 6:30, and to keep the ladies happy there is complimentary fizzy wine from 7-8pm.

Here is a web site if anybody is interested in looking at the menu:

Brooklyn Hotel

So I hope to see you there. Any new people that fancy coming along, please feel free - Drop either myself or Vix77 a Private Message and we will pass on the contact details.

S
Oh, it's so far from where I work it will take me at least 5 minutes to walk there!!!!! Even better, I can get the ferry home and save a small fortune on cab fares ... hooray!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

CaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud of

Hi Guys - I'd be interested in coming along. What kind of turn outs do you get and what kind of time does it usually run until? Cheers.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainMerton
Hi Guys - I'd be interested in coming along. What kind of turn outs do you get and what kind of time does it usually run until? Cheers.

Well Captain, feel free to come along. I will PM you my phone number.

The normal turn out is between 8 and 12, depending on who has what else on. The age range is between mid 20s to mid 40s, with most of us falling somewhere in between.

The normal approach is to have a couple of drinks then a meal and then some more drinks. I think we have a reputation of being something of a glorified drinking club, but if you like good beer, good food and good conversation, then I dare say you will fit in. It's not an exclusively British thing - people from all over are welcome.

I noticed you moaning about the blandness of Sydney pubs in another thread - I am inclined to agree with you there, which is why we move about from week to week. There are some great examples of nice, homely 'English style' pubs, but you just have to know where they are. There are even a couple with dartboards!

Hope to see you on Thursday.

S
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Free fizzy wine - I'm in! We'll see you there.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

hi all!! not sure if I will be able to come along as I have a meeting thursday eve...not at all impressed however I do have a little ball to go to tomorrow so if you want to see me all scrubbed up best get yourself down to cockle bay around 6.30 for a good laugh (and me trying to negotiate walking in high heels)
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

CaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud ofCaptainMerton has much to be proud of

Hoping to make my first meet this Thursday. See you all there.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Oooh, free fizzy wine and panang curry - even better. And Vix - have you checked out the cocktail menu, there's Toblerone's on there! Dessert in a glass! Can you tell I have no deadlines today
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 6:41 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by briwi
Oooh, free fizzy wine and panang curry - even better. And Vix - have you checked out the cocktail menu, there's Toblerone's on there! Dessert in a glass! Can you tell I have no deadlines today

How come you never have any work to do when the rest of us are unable to come out, yet as soon as we all hit the pub for a beer...

S
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
How come you never have any work to do when the rest of us are unable to come out, yet as soon as we all hit the pub for a beer...

S
Careful scheduling in my diary and minor psychic tendencies?

I will have you know I have not eaten at home since last Monday (which is why I'm coming home after running tonight to eat salad!)

No, it's just a lovely quiet week this week - which of course means I don't earn anything so I suppose I shouldn't be too happy.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by briwi
Careful scheduling in my diary and minor psychic tendencies?

I will have you know I have not eaten at home since last Monday (which is why I'm coming home after running tonight to eat salad!)

No, it's just a lovely quiet week this week - which of course means I don't earn anything so I suppose I shouldn't be too happy.
Well, after the pain i endured at the cinema last night i am still in need of a drink so should be in the bar for 7pm in time for the free bubbly - yay... and remember people, just because you may not like sparkling wine doesn't mean you don't take advantage of the free stuff - you just need to share it around... I am sure I speak on behalf of briwi when I say it will be gratefully received.

Tip of the day... avoid the film The Square - it is bad.... very bad, unless you like poorly written predictable films with 'what can go wrong will go wrong' slapstick style happenings that even 24 would not use then fill your boots!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

Indieboy is an unknown quantity at this point

You should check out "The Bank Job" its a good british film, bit of excitment. Bit of humour. Jason Statham is pretty how he is in every other film he does but you sort of expect that. As its a true story it makes it more interesting, and shows how corrupt the police were back then (not that they aren't now!).
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:22 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Indieboy
You should check out "The Bank Job" its a good british film, bit of excitment. Bit of humour. Jason Statham is pretty how he is in every other film he does but you sort of expect that. As its a true story it makes it more interesting, and shows how corrupt the police were back then (not that they aren't now!).
Downloaded it last night... Not sure its in the cinemas yet!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:30 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Indieboy

Ah Statham... What an actor. His best film by far was The Transporter...

Maybe we should start a BE film review thread?

S
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:46 am

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Good choice of venue... a bit like a Doncaster nighclub from the 1990s upstairs and with a downstairs and a few outside bits there's plenty of choice. Where do you think you'll be? Looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.