Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 22nd January 2009 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 22nd January 2009 - All welcome

Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 22nd January 2009 - All welcome

Hello All,

Myself and LiseInSyd are hijacking this weeks meet as Swerv-o is off with a select few to throw horns at a rock night at the Lansdowne Hotel on Broadway - feel free to go along if you are a music fan.

We are at the end of our alphabet tour of Sydney pubs as there is nothing for 'X' or 'Y' and only a restaurant or posh place for 'Z' so I propose meeting at The City Hotel at 6.30pm which is normally quiet enough to get seats, have a chat, get a $9 Steak and a cheap drink and play some pool - we can discuss the next round of criteria for selecting the weekly pub and start that next week....

http://www.cityhotel.com.au/
It is on the corner of King and Kent Street in the city so should be easy enough for everyone to get to.

So - Who is in??

Any new people are welcome to come along - we don't bite.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:30 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 22nd January 2009 - All welcome

Originally Posted by vix77
Hello All,

Myself and LiseInSyd are hijacking this weeks meet as Swerv-o is off with a select few to throw horns at a rock night at the Lansdowne Hotel on Broadway - feel free to go along if you are a music fan.

We are at the end of our alphabet tour of Sydney pubs as there is nothing for 'X' or 'Y' and only a restaurant or posh place for 'Z' so I propose meeting at The City Hotel at 6.30pm which is normally quiet enough to get seats, have a chat, get a $9 Steak and a cheap drink and play some pool - we can discuss the next round of criteria for selecting the weekly pub and start that next week....

It is on the corner of King and Kent Street in the city so should be easy enough for everyone to get to.

So - Who is in??

Yes, this week is the Enola Fall album release gig at the Lansdowne. The lead is a friend of my GF from Hobart, so I will be going along to that. It's free entry if anybody wants to come along.

And if not, then have a good evening at the City - I will see you all next week.

Oh, and we could do with another novel method for choosing pubs. Suggestions on a postcard...

S
Old Jan 20th 2009, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yes, this week is the Enola Fall album release gig at the Lansdowne. The lead is a friend of my GF from Hobart, so I will be going along to that. It's free entry if anybody wants to come along.

And if not, then have a good evening at the City - I will see you all next week.

Oh, and we could do with another novel method for choosing pubs. Suggestions on a postcard...

S
p.s - a few of us are thinking about going to the Rocks on Australia Day this Monday - if anyone is interested let me know on Thurs or PM me and I will give you the details.... not that there are any details yet but there will be at some point....
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
So, I won't bother bringing your socks out to play then!!!!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

for all my sins - work decided today that I should be the new face of Liverpool, which, may I add, could have contributed to the embarrassing moment on floor 11 in the lift!

I have an all day event in Manly on Friday that only kicks off at 10am, so depending what time one gets back from the darkest areas of Liverpool, I may pop in...dont hold your breathe though, this is me!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Kimsy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we'll be coming along to have a few drinks.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:51 am
Just Joined

A-Millie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

So - Who is in??

Hi, I have beeen in Sydney for two weeks from Essex and would love to come meet you all on Thursday. Could you send me some more details? Andrew
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:03 am
Just Joined

A-Millie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I've been in Sydney 2 weeks from Essex and would love to come meet you all on Thursday. COuld you send me more details please?

Andrew
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

dmpp will become famous soon enough

p.s - a few of us are thinking about going to the Rocks on Australia Day this Monday - if anyone is interested let me know on Thurs or PM me and I will give you the details.... not that there are any details yet but there will be at some point....
Not sure if we can make it this week but if we do it will only be for a few. Good choice for The City Hotel.

We are definately up for Australia Day (or Straya Day as I have heard so many times). We will PM you.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A-Millie
Hi, I've been in Sydney 2 weeks from Essex and would love to come meet you all on Thursday. COuld you send me more details please?

Andrew
What details do you want? The venue and time are clearly posted by Vix77 and she has even kindly included a website.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Originally Posted by A-Millie

Andrew
I'll fill you in a bit. You know where we are going and when - generally it's a mix of singles and couples from their 20's up. We tend to have a few drinks and those who want to, eat and we talk a lot of rubbish.

If you do decide to come, normally Vix asks people to PM her so she can give you a contact number in case you can't find us (sure she'll appear shortly) - but recently we've been the very large group of Poms taking over the entire bar! Knowing the City Hotel as I do, this week we're likely to be the group of Poms by one of the long tables by the pool tables towards the back of the pub. Perhaps see you there

Last edited by briwi; Jan 21st 2009 at 2:19 am.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What details do you want? The venue and time are clearly posted by Vix77 and she has even kindly included a website.
is there an smilie icon for an uncomfortable laugh?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Calm down now, we've all had a few
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:34 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I think the poster was asking for contact details so that he would know how to find us - we have tried many methods for meeting new folks on these meets, and most have been met with only limited success...

S

Last edited by Swerv-o; Jan 21st 2009 at 2:42 am.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

is there an smilie icon for an uncomfortable laugh?

errrrm

But seriously, in my experience the group is very easy to spot, and very welcoming Ive been on my own twice now.

Last edited by pompeyblonde; Jan 21st 2009 at 2:41 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.