Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 22/05/08 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 22/05/08 - All welcome

Old May 20th 2008, 1:58 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 22/05/08 - All welcome

Hi folks,

So another week has passed and we are starting to think about a location for this week's meet.

Vix and I quite like the look of this place:

The Macquarie Hotel (The Mac) on Wentworth Street, just off of Elizabeth Street. Here's a Link....

It has a boutique beer brewery, so will appear to the real ale fans, and has a couple of different bars spread through the place. Our recommendation is to meet in the Brew Bar around 6:30, and take it from there. There is pool, and a waitress service for food from the restaurant. You never know, we may even find a dart board hidden away somewhere.

Unless anybody has any better ideas, I think this looks to be a winner.

S
Old May 20th 2008, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 22/05/08 - All welcome

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi folks,

So another week has passed and we are starting to think about a location for this week's meet.

Vix and I quite like the look of this place:

The Macquarie Hotel (The Mac) on Wentworth Street, just off of Elizabeth Street. Here's a Link....

It has a boutique beer brewery, so will appear to the real ale fans, and has a couple of different bars spread through the place. Our recommendation is to meet in the Brew Bar around 6:30, and take it from there. There is pool, and a waitress service for food from the restaurant. You never know, we may even find a dart board hidden away somewhere.

Unless anybody has any better ideas, I think this looks to be a winner.

S
Looks OK to me
Old May 20th 2008, 6:59 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
Looks OK to me

Well, typically, the one guy who always craps on about finding real ale pubs was the first person to mail Vix to say he couldn't come this week.

You just can't please all of the people all of the time...

S
Old May 20th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Hey, i managed to get on days again this week so all going well, i'll see you there.
Old May 20th 2008, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

Looks good to me, will be late as usual.
Old May 21st 2008, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, typically, the one guy who always craps on about finding real ale pubs was the first person to mail Vix to say he couldn't come this week.

You just can't please all of the people all of the time...

S
Are you talking to me? (in best De Niro accent)

Yeah, ok, it's a fair cop guv. would like to be there but not been paid for a while so $$ a bit tight. all being well will be about next week etc and so forth.
Old May 21st 2008, 6:19 am

kitt is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks a good choice to me too. Unfortunately, one Thursday you're in a glue factory in Nowra, next week a lipstick warehouse in Melbourne...so shame I wont be able to catch up with you guys this Thur...next time I hope..or weekend if you're up to anything. Cheers.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Sorry. Not gonna be able to make it now. My gf's doing dinner. Hope to see you again soon though.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:31 pm
cant wait!

moley is an unknown quantity at this point

3 month delay but looking forward to seeing you all on thursday!

Moley xx

Old May 22nd 2008, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Do you guys do this every week? I'm gonna be down Sydney working over the next two weeks and know not a soul. Could be just what I need by Thursday heres hopeing.

Last edited by scotvness; May 22nd 2008 at 4:31 am. Reason: They just dont spell words like that!
Old May 22nd 2008, 4:33 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by scotvness
Do you guys do this every week? I'm gonna be down Sydney working over the next two weeks and know not a soul. Could be just what I need by Thursday heres hoping.

Yup, every Thursday in the CBD. Anybody is welcome to come along, so feel free to rock up. I normally post a thread at the beginning of the week, and we have a bit of a debate about where to go. We try for a new bar/pub every week, so that the scenery doesn't get boring, though there are a couple of old favourites.

If you are thinking of coming along, then drop me a PM and I will send you a contact number so that you can find us.

Cheers,

S
Old May 26th 2008, 7:10 am
has lost The Game

Here's a link to this week's thread:

Left click here...

S