Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 21st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 21st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Aug 19th 2008, 2:35 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 21st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

So that was B then. Well done to the Bavarian Beer Cafe for catering with our swollen masses - I only booked for 10, and I think we had 18 by the end of the evening!

But on to this week, and the letter C. Having filtered out the wheat from the chaff, there are two possibles for this week:

The Chamberlain Hotel (including the C bar) - Quite a nice pub with some actual atmosphere, and on a Thursday night, free manicures (for both sexes). Just keep an eye on your jackets...

The Chamberlain Hotel

The Hotel Coronation - I can't comment on this, as I don't think I have ever been there before. The menu and choice of bars looks good though.

The Hotel Coronation

So what does anybody think?

S

Last edited by Swerv-o; Aug 19th 2008 at 2:41 am.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 21st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

i only got my nails done last night, so would prefer the coronation....
Old Aug 19th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 21st August 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Bonch
i only got my nails done last night, so would prefer the coronation....
I have no nails left after the Ncl match so would also prefer the Coronation, plus I don't think we have been yet?

For those who do the Fantasy Football, it appears my method of picking a random team 6 weeks ago with the intention of finalising it before saturday then completely forgetting to do so and ending up with 5 injured players seems not to have paid off- back to the drawing board for me!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 4:59 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

the coronation scares the life out of me - walked past it first week we got here at 7am on a Sunday morning to find people vomiting outside and every time I go past it makes me shudder. But there again, I likes the shiny! So, the Coronation it is then, at least I can get some milk in Woolworths on the way home!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

BTW: Did we weed out the Civic - she said, scrambling for a lifeline.....
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Cant do this Thursday as i am going to the NAWIC Ball... Maybe one day i will be able to come say hello again...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:10 am
Just Joined

The_Moon is an unknown quantity at this point

A bar providing free manicures doesn't really do it for me, so Hotel Chamberlian for me too. Lets just leave before the wall to wall vomiting occurs
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vix77
I have no nails left after the Ncl match so would also prefer the Coronation, plus I don't think we have been yet?

For those who do the Fantasy Football, it appears my method of picking a random team 6 weeks ago with the intention of finalising it before saturday then completely forgetting to do so and ending up with 5 injured players seems not to have paid off- back to the drawing board for me!
that's what I like to see, just like Keegan, getting the excuses in early doors...
Old Aug 20th 2008, 12:53 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonch
that's what I like to see, just like Keegan, getting the excuses in early doors...
Don't mention Keegan please. I'm still smarting... One point. Pah!

As for strategy when choosing fantasy footy players. Jen went with 'Who looks hot?'. I hope at then end of the season she hasn't beaten us all with that strategy!!!
On a funnier side, she has been asking me lots of random of questions about football players she doesn't know about.... such as:
"Is Joey Barton attractive?"
My reply, "Oh yes, and quite the gentleman!". Snigger.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:41 am
Just Joined

sal123 is an unknown quantity at this point

what sort of time are you starting?? would like to come along for the first time. manicure or vomitting - all part of a night out for a scotsman

keith
Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sal123
what sort of time are you starting?? would like to come along for the first time. manicure or vomitting - all part of a night out for a scotsman

keith
Welcome along... I have reserved an area at the back of the downstairs bar from 6.30pm so feel free to come along anytime after that, it is reserved under the name Vicky so just ask the bar staff where we are sitting.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

no-one asked me to play FF - I was all ready to chose my team by who had the best WAGS.

And if we haven't left the Coronation by 7am - vomit witching hour - it'll be me that's doing it!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

i've managed to wangle a meeting in the city in the afternoon, so will be milling about early if anyone is about before 6.30...
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Caroline and Karl Phillips here. We just arrived in Sydney on Monday morning (at 5:00 am so still jet lagged). We'll be along tonight to meet some people. Might also have Phillips junior in tow (she's aged 12) but will check that the hotel allows youngsters.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Hi Caroline and Karl Phillips here. We just arrived in Sydney on Monday morning (at 5:00 am so still jet lagged). We'll be along tonight to meet some people. Might also have Phillips junior in tow (she's aged 12) but will check that the hotel allows youngsters.
Hi - welcome to Sydney, hope you are enjoying it so far.

Just a little word of warning, the pub we are going to is a little on the seedy side this week as it is a 24 hour place which tends to attract a certain kind of person later in the night - early on it will be fine as it will be full of people having a drink after work so it should be ok then. Apparently it has had a bit of a refurbishment so it may be nicer now - just thought I would give you a heads up.

Hope to see you later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.