Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 19/06/08 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 19/06/08 - All welcome

Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:45 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 19/06/08 - All welcome

Well, a big thanks to Vix for organising last weeks meet while I was off galavanting around the countryside.

But what does this week have in store?

Briwi and Bonch mentioned something to do with the Albion on George Street, just down from the cinema. Now the good people at Google are my friends, but they can't find anything with that name in that location, so does anybody else have any ideas about it?

If not, we will have to think of something else...

S
Old Jun 17th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 19/06/08 - All welcome

weather permitting i will be walking down george street tomorrow morning and memory permitting i will check out the name and location of the pub... am I right in assuming it is somewhere near the cinema?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well, a big thanks to Vix for organising last weeks meet while I was off galavanting around the countryside.

Briwi and Bonch mentioned something to do with the Albion on George Street, just down from the cinema. Now the good people at Google are my friends, but they can't find anything with that name in that location, so does anybody else have any ideas about it?

S
As I am likely to be in the cinema on George Street watching Sex And The City, a pub nearby would be good - although I will probably only drop in for a swifty towards the end of the night.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
Did I? Never heard of it but then that's not to say I've never had a drink in it...

Just did a quick webhunt and found...The Albion Hotel....on George Street....in Parramatta. Which is no use so I think a Plan B would prob be a good idea...
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bonch
Did I? Never heard of it but then that's not to say I've never had a drink in it...

Just did a quick webhunt and found...The Albion Hotel....on George Street....in Parramatta. Which is no use so I think a Plan B would prob be a good idea...
Probably hallucinating after last week's pizza thingy
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

very true. still it beat the meat pie with no meat eh swerv-o!!!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Anywhere sounds good to me. I'm still grieving over my now ex girlfriend and I need a night out with you lot.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonch
very true. still it beat the meat pie with no meat eh swerv-o!!!
My meat pie was lovely and had lots of meat ... maybe they gave it all to me and there was none left for poor Swerv-o ... shame!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bats1
My meat pie was lovely and had lots of meat ... maybe they gave it all to me and there was none left for poor Swerv-o ... shame!
Ooooo look, I've become a senior member!!!!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:31 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
Ooooo look, I've become a senior member!!!!
And remained Karma free! Well done
Old Jun 17th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ex_exile
And remained Karma free! Well done
I thought you didn't have internet access at home? Are you camped in some dodgy cafe? Shouldn't you be in bed?!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

There is indeed a bar called the Albion Lounge on George Street - it is on the corner opposite the Metro Theatre and looks brand new and a little posh. I reckon it would be worth checking it out but i have no idea if they do food or not... i may walk past it on the way home tonight, if so I will pop in and do further research.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

It is new, opened about three weeks ago. We went in Friday before movies - happy hour don't you know - they do do food of the sausage and mash/pie etc variety, can't remember prices though. Beer is a mix of Belgian and Aussie so you wants your Hoegarden it's there - so's your Tooheys.

It looks posh as it's shiny, but the mezzanie level looks cosy. Friday night was mix of suits, couples and big group of student types. But I'm open to other suggestions as I've been there now.
Old Jun 18th 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by briwi
It is new, opened about three weeks ago. We went in Friday before movies - happy hour don't you know - they do do food of the sausage and mash/pie etc variety, can't remember prices though. Beer is a mix of Belgian and Aussie so you wants your Hoegarden it's there - so's your Tooheys.

It looks posh as it's shiny, but the mezzanie level looks cosy. Friday night was mix of suits, couples and big group of student types. But I'm open to other suggestions as I've been there now.
I am up for going there tomorrow...
Old Jun 18th 2008, 3:05 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
I am up for going there tomorrow...
Yes, count me in too...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.