Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th December 2008 - Allcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th December 2008 - Allcomers welcome

Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:36 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th December 2008 - Allcomers welcome

Hi folks,

This week, the Letter T brings us our drinking hole. Not too many to choose from actually, so we settled on The Three Wise Monkeys, on George Street:

The Three Wise Monkeys

We have never been here before, and it has a reputation of being a bit of a backpacker haunt, but we shall see when we get there. I imagine it will make a welcome change!

I suggest meeting on the ground floor, then heading up to the Mezzanine floor later in the evening.

The ayes to the left?

S

Ps. One other thing - everyone is welcome to these evenings, regardless of where they are from - not just Poms. There is a healthy smattering of Irish, South Africans, Aussies, Germans and others. This is not exclusively a night out for English people. All are welcome.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th December 2008 - Allcomers welcome

I'll be there. Might wear a HAT this time though.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 18th December 2008 - Allcomers welcome

Actually, do you suppose they'd have a tv? United are playing in the World Club cup at 9.30pm.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Actually, do you suppose they'd have a tv? United are playing in the World Club cup at 9.30pm.
you know hats come off don't you....

there are screens in the pub and if they are not showing it then cheers is a couple of doors down which will definitely have it on. you can join all the other irish folk and londoners supporting man utd.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by vix77
you know hats come off don't you....

there are screens in the pub and if they are not showing it then cheers is a couple of doors down which will definitely have it on. you can join all the other irish folk and londoners supporting man utd.
Ho ho ho, take a look to the left of my post!
Old Dec 16th 2008, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi folks,

This week, the Letter T brings us our drinking hole. Not too many to choose from actually, so we settled on The Three Wise Monkeys, on George Street:

The Three Wise Monkeys

We have never been here before, and it has a reputation of being a bit of a backpacker haunt, but we shall see when we get there. I imagine it will make a welcome change!

I suggest meeting on the ground floor, then heading up to the Mezzanine floor later in the evening.

The ayes to the left?

S

Ps. One other thing - everyone is welcome to these evenings, regardless of where they are from - not just Poms. There is a healthy smattering of Irish, South Africans, Aussies, Germans and others. This is not exclusively a night out for English people. All are welcome.
ohh yes please!
Shamir and I are bored of drinkng with just eachother!
please can you look out for an indian couple looking lost?!
see you all there!
Old Dec 16th 2008, 5:00 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kunjal and shamir
ohh yes please!
Shamir and I are bored of drinkng with just eachother!
please can you look out for an indian couple looking lost?!
see you all there!

Welcome aboard! We will keep an eye out for you...

S
Old Dec 16th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Colin's very upset now that he's officially allowed to come and he's not gatecrashing.

Sorry guys we can't make it this week, but have a great evening. Not sure if there's a meet up next week, but we'll be there if there is.
Old Dec 16th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Bootch is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good to me folks..... not attended previously, what time do you normally meet up roughly?
Old Dec 16th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough

Sounds good, Never actually been to meet up before but will give it a go, how many people actuallly show up
Old Dec 16th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi folks,

The Three Wise Monkeys

The ayes to the left?

S

I'll be flying down for a quick drink to say cheerio before I jet off back to Old Blighty for a month.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 12:59 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bootch
Sounds good to me folks..... not attended previously, what time do you normally meet up roughly?
Originally Posted by ozoz
Sounds good, Never actually been to meet up before but will give it a go, how many people actuallly show up

Hi folks,

Usually 20 or so of us come, varying ages, varying relationship status, though mainly singles and couples with no kids. We normally meet for some beers, have a bite to eat, then have some more beers.

If you feel like coming along, and want some solid meet up details (as opposed to roaming up to a group of strangers and asking if they are from the internet - don't worry - we've all done it!) then send either myself or Vix77 a Private Message and we will pass you on the relevant phone numbers.

I won't be able to respond to PMs after about midday tomorrow, but anytime before then, or Vix77 is always reliable.

Hope to see you on Thursday.

S
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:03 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vix77
you can join all the other irish folk and londoners supporting man utd.
Meowww!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know if anyone else fancies a Boxing day outing but we've just booked places on a boat to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race in the Harbour.

Have attached the link if anyone fancies it. It leaves from Lavender Bay, costs $45 and is BYO - just email Les directly through the 'contact us' bit. There are about 30 places left.

Ooooo Aaaaarrggghhh me hearties.

http://www.agfg.com.au/_pdf/news-events/483.pdf
Old Dec 17th 2008, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Phipsons
Don't know if anyone else fancies a Boxing day outing but we've just booked places on a boat to watch the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race in the Harbour.

Have attached the link if anyone fancies it. It leaves from Lavender Bay, costs $45 and is BYO - just email Les directly through the 'contact us' bit. There are about 30 places left.

Ooooo Aaaaarrggghhh me hearties.

http://www.agfg.com.au/_pdf/news-events/483.pdf
i'll be on one of those boats (watching, not racing) but no idea which one, so may see you on it....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.