Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Oct 14th 2008, 1:48 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hi Folks,

It must be Tuesday again, as I am penning another Thursday Drinks thread! This week, the pub is brought to you by the letter K, which has been problematic, as there seems to be only one pub with a K name.

So this week we will be heading for The Kirk on Harris (or more commonly, just The Kirk) In Pyrmont. It is just on the other side of the Pyrmont Bridge, and about a 10 minute walk from the CBD. This is a great pub, offering a selection of nice beers with a great menu. Here is a link:

The Kirk

And is by no means a snooty CBD snob hole.

So I hope to see you there on Thursday...

S
Attached Thumbnails Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome-kirk.png  
Old Oct 14th 2008, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

I concur... i like this pub, used to be my local when i lived in Pyrmont - any new people coming along, PM either myself or Swerv-o and we will give you contact details in case you can't find us in the pub...
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th October 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Hooray, a menu that is more than schnitzel and steak sandwiches (not that both don't have their place in a perfect world but mmmm swordfish with nice tomatoey sauce stuff and mash!). See you there
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

See you all there, we're in!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

brian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the roughbrian and wendy is a jewel in the rough

we would love to come.. we are coming over from kellyville after work, so coming on the train from Quakers hill. So may miss the meal. packet of chips out of the vending machine will be fine... OH sure treats me right Will you be staying there all night, and is there a mobile number we can have to find out if you have moved on...

Looking forward
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:30 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian and wendy
we would love to come.. we are coming over from kellyville after work, so coming on the train from Quakers hill. So may miss the meal. packet of chips out of the vending machine will be fine... OH sure treats me right Will you be staying there all night, and is there a mobile number we can have to find out if you have moved on...

Looking forward

Hi Brian & Wendy - we normally stay the entire night in the same place - It's only in rare and odd circumstances that we move on - like when a place has shut its kitchen early or something.

As for the meal, it's nothing formal - most people tend to just order something when they feel hungry, that way you can just eat when you feel like it, so you may be saved from that bag of crisps after all.

I will PM you my number so that you can locate us.

S
Old Oct 15th 2008, 2:14 am
Just Joined

The_Moon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds good to me. I will be there.

Ooooh and I will bring invites for My and Jordan's Fancy Dress Halloween Party. It will be great and you all need to come. There. Nuf said!
Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in, see you all there
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

hello all! Not sure if I will be able to come as I have a conference that starts at 6.30 this evening...seriously...who organises these things??? If I am dying of thirst and feel like throwing a bomb at someone I may swing by later...dont build your hopes up though...
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

what's going on with these posts recently - i remember the good old days (stops to wipe nostalgic tear from his eye) when there were wide ranging in depth philosophical discussions about, but by no means limited to; african despots, kids tv, newcastle being rubbish etc and so forth. Now they just appear to be a school rolecall of whole be in attendance?!!?

By the way, I can't make it tonight.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonch
what's going on with these posts recently - i remember the good old days (stops to wipe nostalgic tear from his eye) when there were wide ranging in depth philosophical discussions about, but by no means limited to; african despots, kids tv, newcastle being rubbish etc and so forth. Now they just appear to be a school rolecall of whole be in attendance?!!?

By the way, I can't make it tonight.
Re Dave's post above, since you brought up the subject of school may I point out that your teachers would not be impressed with your spelling and attention to details, 'whole be in attendance'. Very sloppy Dave.

(notice how I managed to bring in a football reference without referring to football...)
Old Oct 16th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so it's just beyond Star City.. sounds like a very dangerous direction homewards for an unemployed starry eyed lad looking to get rich in the big city!

see you tonight.
Old Oct 16th 2008, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vix77
Re Dave's post above, since you brought up the subject of school may I point out that your teachers would not be impressed with your spelling and attention to details, 'whole be in attendance'. Very sloppy Dave.

(notice how I managed to bring in a football reference without referring to football...)
having seen the state of my english at school, my teacher would mark this down as a vast improvement and dish me out a gold star...
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hi Folks,

It must be Tuesday again, as I am penning another Thursday Drinks thread! This week, the pub is brought to you by the letter K, which has been problematic, as there seems to be only one pub with a K name.

So this week we will be heading for The Kirk on Harris (or more commonly, just The Kirk) In Pyrmont. It is just on the other side of the Pyrmont Bridge, and about a 10 minute walk from the CBD. This is a great pub, offering a selection of nice beers with a great menu. Here is a link:

The Kirk

And is by no means a snooty CBD snob hole.

So I hope to see you there on Thursday...

S
Evening all. I won't be joining you this week as I'm heading off to Fish at the Rocks for an early supper with two of the ladies from work ... and a bottle of Champagne, and yes it is the real stuff from France!!!! However, I will have been living in Aus for 1 year next Friday so I daresay a small celebration is in order for Thursday night ... see you all then in "L"
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:12 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
Evening all. I won't be joining you this week as I'm heading off to Fish at the Rocks for an early supper with two of the ladies from work ... and a bottle of Champagne, and yes it is the real stuff from France!!!! However, I will have been living in Aus for 1 year next Friday so I daresay a small celebration is in order for Thursday night ... see you all then in "L"

Aha! A celebration eh? Well, we have just the place lined up!

Enjoy your fish...

S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.