Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th April - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th April - All welcome

Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:53 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th April - All welcome

Argh! Stupid short week has confused me, so short notice again!

It's Thursday tomorrow, which means Thursday drinks! This week I thought we should give The Chamberlain Hotel a try:

The Chamberlain Hotel

Been here a couple of times, and on a Thursday they offer free manicures (yes, for both sexes).

A good range of beers, and a good menu. You can even order your meal online if you wish. Apparently, it will be ready and waiting for you when you arrive

So who's in?

S

Oh, and next Thursday happens to be St Georges Day, so any ideas for a suitably themed venue will be greatly appreciated. So far I was thinking The George on George Street...
Old Apr 15th 2009, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th April - All welcome

Yeah I'll be there. Its about time I had a manicure
Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

I'm soo there - black polish at the ready!
Old Apr 15th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

It's Thursday tomorrow, which means Thursday drinks! This week I thought we should give The Chamberlain Hotel a try:

The Chamberlain Hotel

Been here a couple of times, and on a Thursday they offer free manicures (yes, for both sexes).

A good range of beers, and a good menu. You can even order your meal online if you wish. Apparently, it will be ready and waiting for you when you arrive

So who's in?

S

Oh, and next Thursday happens to be St Georges Day, so any ideas for a suitably themed venue will be greatly appreciated. So far I was thinking The George on George Street...
I think I could do with a manicure so I will be there.

I reckon the George on George sounds good and maybe I should bring George ... although he will unfortunately be sporting the Union Flag and not the St George cross ... it's all too complicated!
Attached Thumbnails Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 16th April - All welcome-st-george-cross.png  
Old Apr 15th 2009, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Prob won't make it as a few bits to do before mums arrival Friday, However see some of you Friday? and we will both be out next Thursday defo!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Prob won't make it as a few bits to do before mums arrival Friday, However see some of you Friday? and we will both be out next Thursday defo!
I will be out tonight - i could do with a bit of a pamper accompanied with a glass of sparkles...

not long until my parents are here too - sounds like april expats meets ups could be taken over by the parents.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

just when I thought I should emerge and reveal myself once again...lets see about next thurs...hehe
Old Apr 19th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Any update of St George's Day? Thinking I might book a night at a city hotel so that we can come down.
Old Apr 20th 2009, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

emmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really niceemmo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

The Chamberlain Hotel

So who's in?

S

Hi all

We've followed this thread from the UK and since we arrived, and looks like we are finally going to make it to a Thursday night drinks - and on St George's day too! Looking forward to meeting some new people, can you let us know how we will recognise you. Thanks x
Old Apr 20th 2009, 6:47 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmo
Hi all

We've followed this thread from the UK and since we arrived, and looks like we are finally going to make it to a Thursday night drinks - and on St George's day too! Looking forward to meeting some new people, can you let us know how we will recognise you. Thanks x
Excellent.

St Georges Day Drinks will be in The George, on George Street, as that's about as Georgy as you can get.

Will post a proper thread with links and directions etc tomorrow.

S
Old Apr 20th 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

By George!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 4:19 am
has lost The Game

Here is this week's very George heavy thread:

Georgey Thread

S