British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 15th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/sydney-cbd-thursday-evening-drinks-15th-january-2009-allcomers-welcome-583774/)

Swerv-o Jan 12th 2009 10:08 pm

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 15th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

Well after the confusion of last week, we should do something simple this week. The pub of choice is brought to us by the letter W, and the first name that springs to mind is The Wynyard on the corner of Clarence and Erskine Streets.

The Wynyard

It also happens to be the pub that most people expected to be going to for W, so who are we to try and complicate things?

Easy - no polls, no suburb discussions - just a pub, in the CBD.

Who's in?

S

pompeyblonde Jan 12th 2009 10:11 pm

Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 15th January 2009 - Allcomers welcome

I will be there, with my friend Janine!

Jackie

Bonch Jan 13th 2009 12:00 am

I'll bring your DVD's - not had time to watch unfortunately.

No_more_Woolies Jan 13th 2009 2:29 am

Excellent sounds grande...

sharonm5 Jan 13th 2009 5:50 am

I may do a fly by...stranger things have happened!:thumbup:

Fleurs Jan 13th 2009 8:19 am

I won't be able to make it this week unfortunatly - I promised I would go to the scary face place (Luna Park) with my only friend in Sydney :rofl: well my only friend so far apart from my boyfriend and my dog...

Will there be drinks next week?

Bonch Jan 14th 2009 3:25 am

next week, the week after, the week after that....

vix77 Jan 14th 2009 3:37 am

Originally Posted by Bonch (Post 7164953)
next week, the week after, the week after that....

I figure I should write something just so I get the notifications of any updates to the thread - i would write more but i fear I would whinge about being naive enough to buy tickets to a band based on only hearing one of their songs - upon hearing the whole album I get the feeling I am going to see Ross in that episode of Friends where he rediscovers his casio keyboard from the 80's.... beep, beep - whang whang [insert robot noise followed by a bad ring tone taken from a mobile phone from the 90's]

LiseInSyd Jan 14th 2009 4:46 am

Hi everyone..

I'll be coming this week too, look forward to seeing everyone there, although I think I'll stick to Shandy this time... :S xx

Swerv-o Jan 14th 2009 5:14 am

Originally Posted by vix77 (Post 7164963)
I figure I should write something just so I get the notifications of any updates to the thread - i would write more but i fear I would whinge about being naive enough to buy tickets to a band based on only hearing one of their songs - upon hearing the whole album I get the feeling I am going to see Ross in that episode of Friends where he rediscovers his casio keyboard from the 80's.... beep, beep - whang whang [insert robot noise followed by a bad ring tone taken from a mobile phone from the 90's]

Is that you dancing to electro-pop like a robot from 1984?

S

Rockchick80 Jan 14th 2009 8:55 am

Hi there,

My fiance and I will be coming tomorrow - it's our resolution to start the new year with new friendships! How do we know where to find you or shall we ask about?

Thanks!

Victoria

Kimsy Jan 14th 2009 10:38 pm

Hi all, my boyfriend & I will be there tonight.

Swerv-o Jan 14th 2009 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Rockchick80 (Post 7165707)
Hi there,

My fiance and I will be coming tomorrow - it's our resolution to start the new year with new friendships! How do we know where to find you or shall we ask about?

Thanks!

Victoria

If you send me a Private Message, I will send back a couple of contact numbers for you.

S

dmpp Jan 15th 2009 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 7159049)
Well after the confusion of last week, we should do something simple this week. The pub of choice is brought to us by the letter W, and the first name that springs to mind is The Wynyard on the corner of Clarence and Erskine Streets.

The Wynyard

It also happens to be the pub that most people expected to be going to for W, so who are we to try and complicate things?

Who's in?

S

We will be there to sink a few as always.

gee_gee Jan 15th 2009 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 7159049)

The Wynyard

Who's in?

S

This sounds like fun and would love to join. What time and how do I know who you are and where to find you!