Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 14th August 2008 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 14th August 2008 - All welcome

Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:35 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 14th August 2008 - All welcome

Another great Meet-up last week, in spite of the foolish table cock up by the staff.

Continuing with our Alphabetical theme, this week is B, and I am going to suggest a second try at the Bavarian Beer Cafe on York Street, only this time cunningly outwitting the suited masses by booking a table in advance.

Last time we went here, they had to shut the kitchen due to a gas leak, so we never really got to experience it properly.

Any takers? (And yes, SharonM, we know you will have a meeting...)

S
Old Aug 11th 2008, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Ezme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 14th August 2008 - All welcome

Hey, we're newish to Sydney, yes we would like to come along, not sure I know this place tho'??.

Ez and mike
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

The_Moon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Yep have to agree, great time last week.

The Bavarian sound's good to me. Count me in!

L
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Another great Meet-up last week, in spite of the foolish table cock up by the staff.

Continuing with our Alphabetical theme, this week is B, and I am going to suggest a second try at the Bavarian Beer Cafe on York Street, only this time cunningly outwitting the suited masses by booking a table in advance.

Last time we went here, they had to shut the kitchen due to a gas leak, so we never really got to experience it properly.

Any takers? (And yes, SharonM, we know you will have a meeting...)

S
Yeah good do last week. Just started new job, but plan to be there !
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:25 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ezme
Hey, we're newish to Sydney, yes we would like to come along, not sure I know this place tho'??.

Ez and mike

Ok, so we're off to a good start. I have reserved a table for 14 at the Bavarian Beer Cafe at 24 York Street from 6:30, under the name British Expats.

Excellent.

S
Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

Oh good, I like the ones where I don't have to walk far - means I can wear pretty shoes!!!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Ok, so we're off to a good start. I have reserved a table for 14 at the Bavarian Beer Cafe at 24 York Street from 6:30, under the name British Expats.

Excellent.

S
I'm hoping to struggle down - depending on how many germs I'm still carrying around. Am thinking of changing my name from Bats1 to Sick (and tired of it!)
Old Aug 12th 2008, 6:55 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
I'm hoping to struggle down - depending on how many germs I'm still carrying around. Am thinking of changing my name from Bats1 to Sick (and tired of it!)

I could do with knowing pretty accurate numbers, as they are demanding that I supply them with a deposit of $10 per person, won't refund the deposits for numbers less than the amount I have booked for.

S
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

I could do with knowing pretty accurate numbers, as they are demanding that I supply them with a deposit of $10 per person, won't refund the deposits for numbers less than the amount I have booked for.

S
I am a definite, if need be we can always invite people to sit on our table to make up the numbers.... there are always people wanting to sit down.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:03 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by vix77
I am a definite, if need be we can always invite people to sit on our table to make up the numbers.... there are always people wanting to sit down.

Well, that's true. I will confirm it tomorrow then. I'm not overly keen on having to authorise $140 worth of my credit card to reserve a table in a bloody pub though!

S
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

S
What if more turn up than you've left a deposit for? Are they going to turn them away then!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

kaza is on a distinguished road

S
Once again I can't make it honestly not making excuses!!! The work have put on free drinks for us... who would be able to say no to that.
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:09 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
What if more turn up than you've left a deposit for? Are they going to turn them away then!
I guess they have to pay me money then...?

S
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:25 am
Just Joined

The_Moon is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be a definite so you will get your $10 bucks from me.

Jolly decent of you to pay up front for us all.

I hope it is a good pub after all this.

L
Old Aug 12th 2008, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

I guess they have to pay me money then...?

S
Well as I can't guarantee my presence at this stage, count me out. If I'm up to it, I'll be there but as I am propped up in bed typing this and have been here 30 mins already, it's not looking likely. Time for lights out now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.