Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 14/02/08

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 14/02/08

Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:47 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 14/02/08

Well,

Given that this week's meet happens to fall on Valentines Day, we thought what better thing to do than to have an anti-valentines meet for all us singles and non card purchasing couples.

So in the the spirit of the thing, MissyMoo has devised an evening of anti-valentines activities, starting at the Lansdowne Hotel on City road from about 6:30 onwards.

S
Old Feb 13th 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

MissyMoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 14/02/08

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Well,

Given that this week's meet happens to fall on Valentines Day, we thought what better thing to do than to have an anti-valentines meet for all us singles and non card purchasing couples.

So in the the spirit of the thing, MissyMoo has devised an evening of anti-valentines activities, starting at the Lansdowne Hotel on City road from about 6:30 onwards.

S
Hurrah!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

janeypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the roughjaneypie is a jewel in the rough

loving it!

since I have a break form work this week I reckon I'll be there...

since saw you all I've found somewhere to live, moved in, started work, started hating work, started going to interviews, got offered a job, quit first job, been put on gardening leave for a week before starting my new job next week

it's been a busy few weeks and I've only been here just over 3 weeks!

think I deserve a few drinkies
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:11 am
Forum Regular

For anyone wishing to participate, we will be doing a "Bad Valentine Card Swap" tonight.

Basically you just need to find the WORST Valentines Day card possible and bring it along (filled out with loving sentiments, of course) and we'll do an anonymous swap.

It's all just for a laugh, so be good and play along
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MissyMoo
For anyone wishing to participate, we will be doing a "Bad Valentine Card Swap" tonight.

Basically you just need to find the WORST Valentines Day card possible and bring it along (filled out with loving sentiments, of course) and we'll do an anonymous swap.

It's all just for a laugh, so be good and play along
it's very quiet on here.....is everyone asleep this week?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:36 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonch
it's very quiet on here.....is everyone asleep this week?

I'm here, but I have had actual work to do this week...

I can't believe that they would harass me like this.

S
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

I'm here, but I have had actual work to do this week...

I can't believe that they would harass me like this.

S
how dare they expect you to actually DO something to earn your wages
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:50 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Jeez it is quiet! Sorry for slow response, i never venture outside the warmth and comfort of the last thread so didn't find this one.

Afraid i can't make tonight... Bring on the insults ;-) But will no doubt catch you all soon...
Hang on - whats that... Sunshine?!
Old Feb 14th 2008, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
Jeez it is quiet! Sorry for slow response, i never venture outside the warmth and comfort of the last thread so didn't find this one.

Afraid i can't make tonight... Bring on the insults ;-) But will no doubt catch you all soon...
Hang on - whats that... Sunshine?!
I would never insult anyone who wanted to spend Valentines Day with their loving partner... cough cough WHIPPED cough cough.....
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:03 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

I would never insult anyone who wanted to spend Valentines Day with their loving partner... cough cough WHIPPED cough cough.....
Ha, either you are implying i am under the thumb, or i spend my time with emphysemic ladies of the night.....

Which one do i admit too?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:05 am
has lost The Game

Erm, wasn't that a big part of what we were planning tonight? To go on a mission to insult and upset as many slushy couples as possible?

S
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

Erm, wasn't that a big part of what we were planning tonight? To go on a mission to insult and upset as many slushy couples as possible?

S
yes but i figured it wasn't worth starting until we actually got there and could do it in person and see the looks on their faces as we taunt them
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

....raises head above parapet....

we won't be there tonight, because apparently I'm being taken out, sorry guys......

ducks rapidly back behind parapet before all the mouldy heart shaped chocolates and roses without the thorns removed hit their target

PS: What is a parapet?
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by briwi
....raises head above parapet....

we won't be there tonight, because apparently I'm being taken out, sorry guys......

ducks rapidly back behind parapet before all the mouldy heart shaped chocolates and roses without the thorns removed hit their target

PS: What is a parapet?
par·a·pet /ˈpærəpɪt, -ˌpɛt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[par-uh-pit, -pet] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. Fortification. a. a defensive wall or elevation, as of earth or stone, in a fortification.
b. an elevation raised above the main wall or rampart of a permanent fortification.

2. any low protective wall or barrier at the edge of a balcony, roof, bridge, or the like.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1575–85; < It parapetto, equiv. to para- para-2 + petto chest, breast < L pectus

I thought you were just going to help with the filing and play secretary or something.... OH! I get it, you're going to "play" secretary....
Old Feb 14th 2008, 2:22 am
Ooh my gout...

S
Chuckle, i have this vision of you burning effigies of couples that are holding hands whilst dancing around in dresses made of leaves. All very pagan!
I suggest you turn to the papers and take a look at some of the messages that have been entered for couples in lurve... So much cannon fodder in there!

My favourite is one that starts "Even though you are my 3rd husband...."
Who said romance is dead eh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.