Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 13th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 13th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:50 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 13th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Ok, so the original plan for O was to head to the Occidental, however they don't serve food on weekday evenings, so I think that's out, as we all like a good feed during the evening. We went to the Observer a couple of week's back, so that leaves:

The Orient, in The Rocks. I don't think that we have ever been here on one of our Thursday evening meets, so this should be a first.

The Orient

They have a big menu, and a reasonable bar. I am going to suggest meeting in the Atrium Bar, as that's usually a bit quieter, and there is a reasonable bistro up there. Looks like Thursday night there is a live band on doing Australian Anthems, whatever they are.

So, Thursday Evening in the Atrium Bar, The Orient, 89, George street, The Rocks, from 6:30!

See you there!

S
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 13th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

oooo! and they serve food till 10pm! we don't get that here in Adelaide! looking forward to it, flying to Sydney Wednesday morning.....
Old Nov 11th 2008, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 13th November 2008 - Newcomers welcome

its $1 pool on thursdays.... damn my need for a table and chairs getting in the way of cheap pool!
Old Nov 11th 2008, 2:04 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

the rocks.....$1 pool...a big menu and reasonable bar...sounds like a plan to me....

my birthday this week so will have a couple of swift halves to celebrate that, miss the last train home and have a shocking hangover at work on friday...same old same old
Old Nov 11th 2008, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Phipsons is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we we went there last Thursday night (after the Lord Nelson threw us onto the streets at 11.03)...I seem to remember the 'band' was pretty shocking in a 'I could do better than that on Sing Star' kind of way. Let's see what they sound like when we're sober...
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

Im in too this week. Two weeks in a row, its a record. By the way, for those who care about our madcap ideas, the HUMBALL 1000 in on and you can register by emailing us on [email protected] or check out the details at www.humball1000.com.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Hi all, Ill be there soon, if you see a lost blonde in black shorts do make yerself known! see you soon!

Last edited by pompeyblonde; Nov 13th 2008 at 3:40 am. Reason: crap typing
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ok, so the original plan for O was to head to the Occidental, however they don't serve food on weekday evenings, so I think that's out, as we all like a good feed during the evening. We went to the Observer a couple of week's back, so that leaves:

The Orient, in The Rocks. I don't think that we have ever been here on one of our Thursday evening meets, so this should be a first.

The Orient

They have a big menu, and a reasonable bar. I am going to suggest meeting in the Atrium Bar, as that's usually a bit quieter, and there is a reasonable bistro up there. Looks like Thursday night there is a live band on doing Australian Anthems, whatever they are.

So, Thursday Evening in the Atrium Bar, The Orient, 89, George street, The Rocks, from 6:30!

See you there!

S
Don't think you'll be seeing me chaps - still at work, still got heaps to do and I'm dashing off to Shabangabang on Saturday for a surprise 60th birthday party for my cousin so need to watch the dollars a bit! See you all next week probably.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Hope there are not too many hangovers today...

For anyone who is interested, myself and Swerv-o are heading to madame de biers tonight after the Charlatans gig for a bit of indie dancing. It is free entry and we should get free drinks in there too.

http://www.madamdebiers.com.au/

Let me know if you want to join us and I will give you the details.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

It was lovely to meet you all! and thanks for your advice and wise words very much appreciated! I think Ive pretty much decided now, just need to put my plan intio action!

I had a bad head this morning and missed breakfast! never mind!

See you tonight Ill probably head there 10:30ish?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 2:38 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
It was lovely to meet you all! and thanks for your advice and wise words very much appreciated! I think Ive pretty much decided now, just need to put my plan intio action!

Glad that you enjoyed your time here. Hope to see you back again soon.

For those of us still in Sydney, here is the link to this week's meet up:

Thursday Drinks 20/11/08

S