Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 11th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 11th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 11th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Originally Posted by Bonch
surely it would be rude not to pop out for at least one to celebrate Englands 4 goal demolition (and Joe Cole's big girl act falling over) last night.....and how come it's taken til lunch onThurs for a footy related message. We're slipping people, get a grip!!!!!!!!!
I moved half way around the world to get away from football ... YAWN!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:11 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 11th September 2008 - Newcomers welcome

Should be there tonight, and still in shock re: footy....

Not sure who if anyone saw the game. But if yer interested... you know what to do
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:53 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bats1
I moved half way around the world to get away from football ... YAWN!
You moved to the wrong country! They have more codes of football here than you could shake a stick at...

I also noticed that Australia managed to pull of a cheeky 1-0 victory over the Uzbeks. Maybe we could drink to our good sport hosts to...

Hmmm...

S
Old Sep 11th 2008, 5:04 am
Just Joined

Jeremy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Katy and I are going to come for a couple of drinks tonight. We have got to head off early though as we are moving house tomorrow.

See you all later
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

I am back from Blightly and looking forward to showing off my tan lines.
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

We're hoping to make it along tonight. Will be late though, as always...
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
You moved to the wrong country! They have more codes of football here than you could shake a stick at...

I also noticed that Australia managed to pull of a cheeky 1-0 victory over the Uzbeks. Maybe we could drink to our good sport hosts to...

Hmmm...

S
Theoretically, you are correct. However, as in the UK the 3 "footy" sports are referred to by 3 separate names, ie Football (Soccer), Rugby League (Footy), Rugby Union (Rugby) and we can discount (G)AFL as we don't have it in the UK (mercifully) and I was referring to it in the UK vernacular, technically I was referring to the round ball or soccer variety - which is not plastered over every square inch of every s*dding newspaper in the country over here ... yet! And when it is, I may have to move to Shabangabang! I am now exhausted by this complex reply and in need of a drink - see you later all x
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toddd10
I am back from Blightly and looking forward to showing off my tan lines.
... or rust
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

greenie is an unknown quantity at this point

Folks, this evening's brush with fame:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/b/the-morning-show/1120/regulars
Old Sep 11th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice

Originally Posted by greenie

Swoon... An excellent night, it has to be said!

PS The Moon - how's your trewsers and do ya like dags??
Old Sep 11th 2008, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

briwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nicebriwi is just really nice

what,who - which one?? - am assuming it not the one who trains dogs as bidd is swooning. I am in w1 an have seen no-one, although man on phone opposite has dale winton style tango tan!
Old Sep 11th 2008, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by greenie

Did I miss something after I left?? other than the black cardigan I left behind... don't suppose anyone picked it up did they? I felt a bit left out last week by not leaving anything behind so I thought I would make up for that last night...
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:18 am
Just Joined

DeVille is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks - sorry I didn't make it last night - I'm still a bit ill and I was busy looking for somewhere to live!! (Finally sorted - woo!!).

Can't come next week (I'm in Melbourne) but will be looking forward to the week after for what I believe will be the letter H. (Does that mean that we just go to a "Hotel" or is it more complicated than that?)
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:21 am
Ooh my gout...

IndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to allIndigoFoot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by vix77
Did I miss something after I left?? other than the black cardigan I left behind... don't suppose anyone picked it up did they? I felt a bit left out last week by not leaving anything behind so I thought I would make up for that last night...
I think Martin picked it up if memory serves?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by IndigoFoot
I think Martin picked it up if memory serves?
Excellent...

Right - onto our football team, I was going to send a PM but i failed in remembering everyones user name things...

The King George place opposite the Australian Hotel is an option, they have an indoor or outdoor court $31 or $22 respectively for the hour. They book up very quickly and evening bookings are almost impossible but Sundays are an option if you are able to book at least 2 weeks in advance. There is the possibility of a court on Sunday 21st, they have an unconfirmed booking which is looking like it is going to be cancelled but I would need to email to enquire further about this....

Let me know if people are up for a game on Sunday 21st, the time would be whatever they have available but I am guessing no-one or few will be willing to go if it is before 11am?

Let me know if you are interested so I can make sure there are enough people willing to play if I can book it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.