Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 05/06/08 - All welcome

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 05/06/08 - All welcome

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 05/06/08 - All welcome

Apparently it is officially winter now so lets go and warm ourselves up on Thurs with a few drinks....

Anyone have any suggestions of new bars to visit or any good bars they want to revisit?

all suggestions welcome - my head is starting to hurt having to come up with somewhere different each week.

We could do the Hotel CBD - http://www.merivale.com/hotelcbd/groundbar

who's in?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:46 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 05/06/08 - All welcome

Originally Posted by vix77
Apparently it is officially winter now so lets go and warm ourselves up on Thurs with a few drinks....

Anyone have any suggestions of new bars to visit or any good bars they want to revisit?

all suggestions welcome - my head is starting to hurt having to come up with somewhere different each week.

We could do the Hotel CBD - http://www.merivale.com/hotelcbd/groundbar

who's in?

I'm afraid that I will be away this week - probably lying dead in a car wreck somewhere between Broken Hill and Adelaide. If that doesn't happen, then I expect to be back for drinks next week.

A big thanks to Vix for keeping the meet going while I will be away...

S
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

we tried there once before and it was VERY full of suits and blokes shouting into phones...although that was the downstairs bar so don't know what the others maybe like....also I haven't got anything better to suggest....
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

....just done a 'google' and after clearing up the mess I found the Dundee Arms, but not sure what the food options are but looks ok...
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bonch
....just done a 'google' and after clearing up the mess I found the Dundee Arms, but not sure what the food options are but looks ok...
We could try that out - a review i read said it was quite small, does pints in real glasses with handles and the food comes from the hotel it is connected to....

161 Sussex Street between king and market street - Looks like this is our pub this week unless anyone has any other suggestions?

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...actionId=15039
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

I am not able to make this week either but happy to read the tread anyway? Anyone got any exciting plans for the long weekend?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

I'll pop down for a look. Last week was quite a good one and I had the hangover on friday to prove it.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:03 pm
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

OK, I may now be coming and i have Friday off to boot. The Dundee Arms is a nice enough pub but normally very quite and small and full of people staying in the hotel. Just trawling through the pub guide, these are their suggestions:
The Mountbatten: http://www.sydneypubguide.net/pubs/Mountbatten.aspx
Red Oak: http://www.sydneypubguide.net/conten...Beer_Cafe.aspx
Lord Nelson:
Tank Stream: http://www.sydneypubguide.net/conten...rd_Nelson.aspx
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Oops, screwed up the links
Lord Nelson: http://www.sydneypubguide.net/conten...rd_Nelson.aspx
Tank Stream: http://www.sydneypubguide.net/conten...nk_Stream.aspx
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions... to ease confusion I say we meet at the Dundee Arms for a drink and then decide if we want to stay or move on, we haven't done the City Hotel since it has been done out and is just around the corner if need be. Anyone planning on ariving after 7.30pm should give one of us a call in case we have moved on and if you don't have anyone's number then send me a PM with your number and I will keep you posted.

Plan is - Meet at the Dundee Arms from 6.30pm then see what the general consensus is
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

thats the last time i make any suggestions
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toddd10
phew
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toddd10
never mind mate, I appreciated the (ultimately futile) effort....
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonch
never mind mate, I appreciated the (ultimately futile) effort....
We can put those options in place next week when more people will be along to benefit from it - its all about timing....
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

you call it timing, i call it dominatrix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.