Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 03/04/08

Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 03/04/08

Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:58 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 03/04/08

Ok, so after last weeks spectacular, who is up for beers this week?

I ma pretty much out of pubs to suggest, though I don't think we managed to get to The Bavarian Beer Cafe, and I do recall that Todd suggested the Redoak.

Any advances?

S
Old Mar 31st 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Sydney CBD Thursday Evening Drinks 03/04/08

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Ok, so after last weeks spectacular, who is up for beers this week?

I ma pretty much out of pubs to suggest, though I don't think we managed to get to The Bavarian Beer Cafe, and I do recall that Todd suggested the Redoak.

Any advances?

S
Well, I enjoyed it ... even if I did leave my pool skills back in the UK 20 years ago! Have spent the whole week pointing at toilet doors .... Not sure I have any suggestions ... there's a bar in Reiby Place but it's generally pretty packed and the tables are mostly on the path outside or there's the bar outside Customs House ... but neither are really pubs and I'm not being much help am I?!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:58 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

3 wise monkeys on george st?

never been but got 3 bars so at least one must be half decent....then again, this is australia....
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:11 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonch
3 wise monkeys on george st?

never been but got 3 bars so at least one must be half decent....then again, this is australia....

I've never been myself, so I guess it could be worth a try.

Are you going to be coming out this week sir?

S
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

S
We have been there before although it was almost a yr ago... we ended up there on a thurs night when everyone else bailed on us (sound familiar...?) it was ok and i think i remember the drinks being a decent price?

anyway... what do i care, i have better things to do this week so I won't be out... with that in mind I propose that next week (thurs 10th) we go ten pin bowling in darling harbour - thought i would mention it now as I know how some people need advance warning of such activities....
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Bonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the roughBonch is a jewel in the rough

S
not sure yet, going to try and get out as could do with the alcohol...

amazed vix isn't out to crow about newcastle finally figuring out what all king kev's gesticulations on the touchline are about and winning 2 games in a row...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:48 am
has lost The Game

not sure yet, going to try and get out as could do with the alcohol...

amazed vix isn't out to crow about newcastle finally figuring out what all king kev's gesticulations on the touchline are about and winning 2 games in a row...

I was waiting for the inevitable football conversation to start...

It would be good to see you mate, if you can make it...

S
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

gelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nicegelectrox is just really nice

Can I suggest not the 3 Wise Monkeys, its the worst pub I've ever been to in the world.

Yeah don't know what to make of the Spurs newcastle match, Can I just say that its probably been 10 years since I've seen Viduka, Owen, Butt play like they did.

I hate football anyway , its rubbish I'm foing to avoid tomorrows big 4 love in between Ar5ena1 and the scousers like the plague:curse:

What about Customs House?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

vix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to allvix77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gelectrox
Can I suggest not the 3 Wise Monkeys, its the worst pub I've ever been to in the world.

Yeah don't know what to make of the Spurs newcastle match, Can I just say that its probably been 10 years since I've seen Viduka, Owen, Butt play like they did.

I hate football anyway , its rubbish I'm foing to avoid tomorrows big 4 love in between Ar5ena1 and the scousers like the plague:curse:

What about Customs House?
beaten 4-1 at home ny newcastle... i really feel for you, imagine being embarrssed by the joke team of the premiership...

customs house is a good plan... i may come along after the gig if people are still out, all i need to do is jump on a ferry et voila...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

is this the customs house we went to when it persisted it down with rain in the middle of summer...or have i got my pubs confused again?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Bats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura aboutBats1 has a spectacular aura about

is this the customs house we went to when it persisted it down with rain in the middle of summer...or have i got my pubs confused again?
If it's the Customs House behind Circular Quay it is the one that's outdoors ... and also across the road from where I work so shouldn't be too difficult for me to make it over! Can't stay out to play too late though ... have been coerced in going to see Maroon 5 on Friday night and need my beauty sleep! Might be able to get a couple of new recruits for Thursday too.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:24 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
If it's the Customs House behind Circular Quay it is the one that's outdoors ... and also across the road from where I work so shouldn't be too difficult for me to make it over! Can't stay out to play too late though ... have been coerced in going to see Maroon 5 on Friday night and need my beauty sleep! Might be able to get a couple of new recruits for Thursday too.

I was about to suggest The Ship, as I am skintos of Sydney this week, and could have done without a poncy bar serving tiny shmiddies at $9 a punt, but there you go, it's a democracy (unlike Zimbabwe - I really Home that Gelectrox and his partner make it out this week - there is much African dictatorship conversation to be had this week. Perhaps, we may even know the Zim election results by then, however, I digress...)

So, fresh recruits - always welcome. I think I may have also recruited the owner of the local Deli, who appears to be a bloke from Buxton (Derbyshire), so we shall see.

And Maroon 5 you say. Which reminds me, did you have any further thoughts Re. that Stereophonics ticket?

S
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

I was about to suggest The Ship, as I am skintos of Sydney this week, and could have done without a poncy bar serving tiny shmiddies at $9 a punt, but there you go, it's a democracy (unlike Zimbabwe - I really Home that Gelectrox and his partner make it out this week - there is much African dictatorship conversation to be had this week. Perhaps, we may even know the Zim election results by then, however, I digress...)

So, fresh recruits - always welcome. I think I may have also recruited the owner of the local Deli, who appears to be a bloke from Buxton (Derbyshire), so we shall see.

And Maroon 5 you say. Which reminds me, did you have any further thoughts Re. that Stereophonics ticket?

S
Just remind me what date the Sterophonics is ... if I don't have anything booked in I'd like to go, let me know how much the ticket is...
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:43 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Bats1
Just remind me what date the Sterophonics is ... if I don't have anything booked in I'd like to go, let me know how much the ticket is...
It's Monday May 5th, at the Metro in the City. That's the night that Vicky and I are going, and is sold out now.

The ticket is $70.

S
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

It's Monday May 5th, at the Metro in the City. That's the night that Vicky and I are going, and is sold out now.

The ticket is $70.

S
That should be fine - I'll see you on Thursday to sort it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.